PDA

View Full Version : Can GTs hold their own? (Solo, do damage in group play if needed?)

Sega011
Jun 27, 2008, 09:24 PM
Or should I just go Fortegunner and also pick a race so that I can switch back and forth between the two gunner classes? CAST can't GT well, Beast is supposedly a good GT but has low ATA for Fortegunning... Also might want to try AF somewhere in there. Anyone?

Magus_84
Jun 27, 2008, 09:34 PM
Or should I just go Fortegunner and also pick a race so that I can switch back and forth between the two gunner classes? CAST can't GT well, Beast is supposedly a good GT but has low ATA for Fortegunning... Also might want to try AF somewhere in there. Anyone?

GT can hold their own, since they're basically the swiss army knife of support. Only class that can provide both Giresta and rifle knockdown, for instance. Depending on who you play with and what classes they use, that may or may not be a benefit to you.

Thing is, you've got a lot of PA leveling ahead of you to get to that "able to solo" point. GT has the most available PAs of any class in the game, and the vast majority of them are techs and bullets, both of which need extensive and tedious leveling to attain their full usability. If you don't like leveling stuff, GT may not be as good a choice. The PA rebalance helps a lot, yes. But Crossbows (as an example) are still annoying as hell.

Shotguns and Crossbows are going to be your best bets for damage. That, and bringing along two Beast NPCs. Combining their nanoblasts with the knockdown on 31+ rifle means you can handle pretty much anywhere fairly well.

FG would be better for soloing, most of the time.

Cast would do fine on GT. Just use less attack techs, of which GT probably won't use many anyway. Beast would do fine too. GT has the second-best ATA mod in the game, and base ATA doesn't matter nearly as much as class levels and PA levels.

Beast would also do pretty well as AF.

ashley50
Jun 27, 2008, 09:35 PM
Any Class can hold on their own...
CASTs can't GT well? How? They have an SUV!!!
Beast = No Comment...
AF? ...

Niloklives
Jun 27, 2008, 09:58 PM
casts make great GTs. the tp mod is more than enough for resta or giresta and their atp/ata is chice for a gunner class. they do just fine, dont assume TP is a deciding factor for this class. your race in the case just helps decided how you play it.

that said basts do just fine too. their ata may be poor but the class mod is good enough to counter that especially if you've got buffs on your side. GT is one of those classes that any race can play and do fairly well. the only exception as of now may arguably be newmnas since attack techs are currently subpar, but when we get the upcoming patch, they'll be able to make use of lvl 21+ nosdiga and the occasional RA tech which should help them in the places that guns dont cut it.