View Full Version : Photon Drops...?

Rebel3000
Jun 27, 2008, 10:53 PM
Does ANYONE knoow what a Photon Drop is supposed to be used for?

Tek[+]Lok
Jun 27, 2008, 10:56 PM
uhhhhh

ashley50
Jun 27, 2008, 11:02 PM
go to PSO section below this PSU section...

Rebel3000
Jun 27, 2008, 11:06 PM
kk, ty

AlexCraig
Jun 27, 2008, 11:36 PM
Well, now that this is in the right section, I believe I can answer easier.

Photon Drops are used in the online quest, "Gallon's Shop". They are used as currency to buy items from the shop.

VioletSkye
Jun 27, 2008, 11:51 PM
They can also be used to add %'s to weapons or specials to S-Ranks.

Out_Kast
Jun 28, 2008, 02:09 AM
People kill for PD's these days. If you've got enough you can trade them with another player for some neat rares, too :wacko:

furrypaws
Jun 28, 2008, 10:35 AM
In other words, offline, it's useless.

strikershadow
Jun 28, 2008, 11:38 AM
I have stacks of PD on my game cube hmmmm LOL. i wish i can play online with the cube man i have 3 level 80 :D and i never got to experience online with my main :(

Rebel3000
Jun 28, 2008, 12:34 PM
I have stacks of PD on my game cube hmmmm LOL. i wish i can play online with the cube man i have 3 level 80 :D and i never got to experience online with my main :(

I no how u feel. My friend is collecting PDs, He gave LOADS of Grinders for 1! I found another one, so Im hoping that he'll give my one of his many rare weapons(good lord hes got good weapons and Armor)

AlexCraig
Jun 28, 2008, 01:11 PM
Well, overall, most people would say that 1 PD won't get you any of the "up-there" rare weapons. 1 might get you a 9-10* weapon.

Splash
Jun 28, 2008, 08:04 PM
Well, overall, most people would say that 1 PD won't get you any of the "up-there" rare weapons. 1 might get you a 9-10* weapon.

Hitless that is.

AlexCraig
Jun 28, 2008, 08:27 PM
I was not talking about weapons gained from the shop. I was meaning from other players. Hit doesn't even factor into it.

Splash
Jun 29, 2008, 07:58 PM
I was not talking about weapons gained from the shop. I was meaning from other players. Hit doesn't even factor into it.

Exactly what I said. Most people would take hitless 9-10 star weps for 1 PD. With hit, it would probably be more (depends on how much hit there is).

AlexCraig
Jun 29, 2008, 08:27 PM
But that also depends on the person giving the weapon.

Splash
Jun 30, 2008, 04:10 AM
But that also depends on the person giving the weapon.

Are you refering to this:

Most people would take hitless 9-10 star weps for 1 PD.
Bolded part. Notice the word "most". Of course, then you have all these other weapons who deserve more than just 1 PD even if they are hitless (i.e. Meteor Cudgel, Spread Needle, etc.)

Or this:

With hit, it would probably be more (depends on how much hit there is).
5% or 10% percent hit on common weapons will probably be still 1 PD still due to mistekking. 15% would probably start yielding around 2 PDs. And you can go from there. An insane amount of hit on a "rare" weapon (as in absurd drop rate and/or extremely popular weapons) would probably not go for PDs. Of course, a person who is trading a Guld Milla with 70 hit for 3 PDs must be clearly legit, no?

AlexCraig
Jun 30, 2008, 12:29 PM
Pretty much both.

Most is a pretty big word to use in a situation like this. I don't think anyone could safely speak for the larger portion of the population unless they personally know the larger portion of the population.

Yes, you could sell hit weapons for more than 1 PD. You could sell them for only 1 PD. It all depends on how many PD's the buyer is willing to fork over, how many the seller is willing to sell the weapon (item, or armor) for, and whether or not the seller/buyer even cares about the hit%.

Splash
Jun 30, 2008, 02:28 PM
I can only speak for the GC population, as I do know most of the community (which is what I was refering to when I used "most"). Xbox, I can't say. BB, I definitely can't say considering how much better weapons there are.

Of course, you are right, there are other fators which determine how much PDs a weapon goes for. As trading is an economic thing, that means it works the same as an economy.

Kuporoth
Jul 19, 2008, 02:37 PM
Many people have said it, Photon Drops are indeed useless offline. I've got some on my Gamecube file that I'm gonna transfer to BB once I get that all set. Gonna transfer a bunch of my weapons and stuff as well and see if I can trade the ones I don't need or have multiple of to other people.

AlexCraig
Jul 19, 2008, 02:47 PM
You cannot transfer items between GC and BB. It doesn't work like that.

Kuporoth
Jul 19, 2008, 02:50 PM
You cannot transfer items between GC and BB. It doesn't work like that.

The games are put on the same private server. So I figure all I need to do is have my BB character on and get my Gamecube character on in the same room and start giving him stuff.

AlexCraig
Jul 19, 2008, 02:58 PM
But the games cannot cross in terms of items. A person playing GC cannot go into a BB party, and vise-versa. Same goes for DC/PC. If you can't go into the party, you cannot transfer items. Furthermore, BB has a lot of other stuff that is not in the GC game disk, so even if they COULD party together, the GC game would likely mess up due to the info that is not there. On a final note, BB is saved server side, while GC and DC/PC are saved player side.

In a nutshell, impossible.

Kuporoth
Jul 19, 2008, 03:00 PM
Ah, I didn't realize that. Though I probably should have. Oh well. Guess I can always play my characters online for Gamecube.

AlexCraig
Jul 19, 2008, 03:02 PM
That would probably be better. Plus, then your GC characters can get the items for the PD's rather than your BB characters.

Kuporoth
Jul 19, 2008, 03:15 PM
That's true. I could still play BB of course but I'll probably play my cube more since I already have a lot of good stuff.