PDA

View Full Version : new Dissidia Trailer destroys Soul Calibur 4.

Saner
Jun 28, 2008, 03:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt-Ko2dYqcU

and they have yet to reveal more characters! ^_____^

Squall is so sexy!!!!!! sexy new shirt tooo!!!!! XD XD XD

and ya he can fight "him" even more easily than Cloud can, which proves that Squall is the
most powerful and most skilled hero in the entire FF franchise. :)

here's an interview, they only showed 20% so far.

http://www.forever-fantasy.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1239&mode=&order=0&thold=0

*Legal Note: opinions shared by Saner are in theory meant to annoy Soul Calibur and Cloud/Zidane/Tidus/etc. fans. :p

Zorafim
Jun 28, 2008, 04:30 PM
Yeah lovely Where's Kain?

NPCMook
Jun 28, 2008, 05:13 PM
Heh... Paladin Cecil...

McLaughlin
Jun 28, 2008, 06:57 PM
Yet another Saner title.

That is to say, completely off the mark.

PhotonDrop
Jun 28, 2008, 07:16 PM
What is this? Some kind of Kingdom Hearts without the Disney?

CelestialBlade
Jun 28, 2008, 07:17 PM
When do I get to pound the shit out of Cloud and Squall with Cecil, Butz, Zidane, and Vayne?

Saner
Jun 28, 2008, 08:59 PM
it's too bad Lightning and her nemesis are gonna miss this party :p but ah well,
she would whip them all anyway. :p

Toadthroat
Jun 28, 2008, 09:11 PM
What is this? Some kind of Kingdom Hearts without the Disney?

Fightan gaem with Final Fantasy characters. Though the battle system looks similar to KH.

Saner
Jun 28, 2008, 09:22 PM
actually the cutscene designers/modelers from KH are working on this game, that's why the cutscene animation/art/atmosphere seems similiar to KH.

thankfully there are no Disney characters. or KH characters for that matter. :D

Sexy_Raine
Jun 28, 2008, 10:23 PM
I'll admit, the trailer looks pretty sweet. We'll see what happens.

Characters from FF1 to FF10 are to be in it, no one after. Main hero, main Villain of each game. There might be more, not confirmed yet.

I think it be pretty sweet whooping Tidus's ass. :lol:

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 28, 2008, 10:37 PM
What I saw of the gameplay leaves mixed impressions. But, it's just too hard to judge right now. I'll wait till I can see a full fight. At any rate, I should rent it just for Kekfa if he's in it.

PhotonDrop
Jun 28, 2008, 11:13 PM
I'll admit, the trailer looks pretty sweet. We'll see what happens.

Characters from FF1 to FF10 are to be in it, no one after. Main hero, main Villain of each game. There might be more, not confirmed yet.

I think it be pretty sweet whooping Tidus's ass. :lol:

In the case of FF1, would that mean we'd get Fighter, White Mage, Black Mage, Monk, Thief, and Red Mage? Or would this be a combination of those four, with multiples if we so desired?

Toadthroat
Jun 28, 2008, 11:14 PM
So far only the iconic Warrior of Light is being used to represent FF1, but he does have a Job Change ability.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 29, 2008, 12:02 AM
Moderately amusing; IMO SquareEnix really should decrease the milking of all things Final Fantasy and develop a new franchise.
With enough hype and advertizing it could be successful too.. FF is getting way past cliche and passe' IMO.

Monochrome
Jun 29, 2008, 12:29 AM
Battle of the transexuals?

I think they should quit the remakes* and definitely cut down on sequels, but I'll straight-up MAKE LOVE to this kind of fan-service..

*(FF7 for PS3 would be excluded from above statement)

Skuda
Jun 29, 2008, 12:32 AM
Needs more PS3, IMO.

:/

ShinAnt
Jun 29, 2008, 02:26 AM
Soul Calibur Doesn't look half bad. (looked at title....always comparing things, eh Saner?)

Also to respond on what ShadowDragon Said.

TECHNICALLY, Final Fantasy is new game each, different story, new characters and what not, Squenix is known for that (Star Ocean, Dragon Warrior etc)

They have had new franchises, And they are pretty similar to their past titles.

This Game does look cool, Here's hoping it comes here.

Also, the team that was working on FFXIII Versus, most of them got moved to punch out FFXIII. When ever that comes out

Toadthroat
Jun 29, 2008, 02:33 AM
No that was a mistranslation. The FFXIII Vs. helps out when they can as FFXIII is the priority, but Vs. is still being worked on simultaneously.

ShinAnt
Jun 29, 2008, 02:39 AM
Ah...My mistake.

Wasn't FFXIII Slated to come out first anyways?

Toadthroat
Jun 29, 2008, 02:59 AM
Yeah, it still is.

Saner
Jun 29, 2008, 08:58 AM
So far only the iconic Warrior of Light is being used to represent FF1, but he does have a Job Change ability.

Garland counts for FF1 too. they should add FF11, but add Lion to rep the Order side, and Shadow Lord can rep the Chaos side.

Split
Jun 29, 2008, 12:18 PM
if only it was for not psp

RuneLateralus
Jun 29, 2008, 05:16 PM
I am sorry, but am I the only one who seems to think this another cheap and worthless attempt to cash in on a franchise? You know, like Dirge of Cerebus was? Or that Chocobo's dungeon on the PSX?

ShadowDragon28
Jun 29, 2008, 06:24 PM
I am sorry, but am I the only one who seems to think this another cheap and worthless attempt to cash in on a franchise? You know, like Dirge of Cerebus was? Or that Chocobo's dungeon on the PSX?

I agree.
Like I said SquareEnix needs to work on developing something *new*; the milking of all things FinalFantasy has gone on waaay too long IMO.

ShinAnt
Jun 29, 2008, 09:37 PM
I'd say don't fix what isn't broken.(yes Dirge did suck...)

But They are making new franchises. Sure Squrenix isn't what it used to be.
It's also seems like dipping too much into the fan service pool.

Which is good and bad.

Dhylec
Jun 29, 2008, 10:02 PM
Looks fun. SquareEnix is using nostalgia as a factor for this remix/remake. But heck many eat anything FF up anyway. ;]

MaximusLight
Jun 29, 2008, 11:14 PM
Hmmm... I was kind of expecting Terra to be in there, and Kefka...

McLaughlin
Jun 30, 2008, 01:12 AM

Not at all.

Zorafim
Jun 30, 2008, 01:16 AM
No, seriously, where's Kain?

Maskim
Jun 30, 2008, 02:23 AM
Cecil beat him to a righteous pulp when they were deciding who got to be in the game.

Toadthroat
Jun 30, 2008, 02:29 AM
Remember guys, they haven't released all the characters yet.

UnderscoreX
Jun 30, 2008, 11:38 PM

Or Smash Brothers... Or Smash Brothers Melee.... Or Smash Brothers Brawl... Or etc
I don't expect people who don't like Final Fantasy to like this game but knocking it because it's fanservice while Smash Bros gets a world of praise is about one of the most hypocritical things ever.

RuneLateralus
Jul 1, 2008, 01:40 AM
Or Smash Brothers... Or Smash Brothers Melee.... Or Smash Brothers Brawl... Or etc
I don't expect people who don't like Final Fantasy to like this game but knocking it because it's fanservice while Smash Bros gets a world of praise is about one of the most hypocritical things ever.

The only Smash Bros game that I have played was Brawl. I enjoyed it, but it certainly isn't a system seller nor close to my favorite fighting game.

And the games I mentioned were half-assed boring games. So I think my stance is correct.

And if you think Mario is immune, have heard of Mario is Missing? Or the entire Mario Party series? Mario Clash on the Virtual Boy....

Overall, even the praise of the SSMB when a game like this seems to be a cheap cash in may seem hypocritical to you, it does not change the fact that Dirge of Cerebus sucked and was a cheap cash in no matter how much you deny it.

Toadthroat
Jul 1, 2008, 01:42 AM
Hey fuck you Mario is Missing was fun.

UnderscoreX
Jul 1, 2008, 02:12 AM
The only Smash Bros game that I have played was Brawl. I enjoyed it, but it certainly isn't a system seller nor close to my favorite fighting game.

And the games I mentioned were half-assed boring games. So I think my stance is correct.

And if you think Mario is immune, have heard of Mario is Missing? Or the entire Mario Party series? Mario Clash on the Virtual Boy....

Overall, even the praise of the SSMB when a game like this seems to be a cheap cash in may seem hypocritical to you, it does not change the fact that Dirge of Cerebus sucked and was a cheap cash in no matter how much you deny it.

Er nobody's denying the games you listed sucked and I left out the M-bomb because I didn't feel the need for the 1000 people coming in crying about how the Mario games are immune because they're "fun". It also wasn't an attack at you, i was speaking in general as your stance seems to be the consensus with people who don't like the FF franchise.

Maskim
Jul 1, 2008, 04:35 AM
I think it looks cool. It's the game I've been wanting since Ehrgeiz. That game was a steaming pile. If it's done right, I highly look forward to this game.

Complaining that things are done only as fan service is stupid. Sure, it's good to be innovative and do new things as well, but it's those fans that keep you in business, as your loyal customer base. Gain new customers with new product, keep loyal customer happy.

The only regret I have for this game is that it's limited to PSP. If it had been a ps3 exclusive, not only would the graphics be remarkably better, but oh how many characters could have been shoved in there? I'm glad, for example that Cecil's in, as opposed to Kain (from our current knowledge), but that doesn't mean I don't like Kain or want him in. I would have loved to see first hand which style of FF ninja was more powerful/skilled, IV's Edge, or VI's Shadow.

Schubalts
Jul 1, 2008, 09:16 AM
Screw you guys. Chocobo's Dungeon was awesome.