PDA

View Full Version : Teen decapitated at Six Flags.

Powder Keg
Jun 28, 2008, 10:22 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25431893/&GT1=43001

AUSTELL, Ga. - A teenager was decapitated by a roller coaster after he hopped a pair of fences and entered a restricted area Saturday at Six Flags Over Georgia, authorities said.

Six Flags officials are uncertain why the unidentified 17-year-old from Columbia, S.C. scaled two six-foot fences and passed signs that said the restricted area was off-limits and dangerous to visitors, spokeswoman Hela Sheth said in a news release.

Authorities were investigating reports from witnesses who said the teenager jumped the fences to retrieve a hat he lost while riding the Batman roller coaster, said Cobb County police Sgt. Dana Pierce. Police have declined to release the teenager's name until an autopsy is completed.

I....I got nothin'. :-?

Nitro Vordex
Jun 28, 2008, 10:27 PM
Dumbass.

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 28, 2008, 10:27 PM
He was an idiot. Maybe they could keep the head and use it to (hope to) deter further tresspassers.

EphekZ
Jun 28, 2008, 10:29 PM
*waits for*storm of* "ROLLER COASTERS KILL PEOPLE EVERYDAY!"

Rubius-sama
Jun 28, 2008, 10:36 PM
Natural selection taking its course.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 28, 2008, 10:50 PM
Notice how everyone is mourning for him.

:wacko: :disapprove:

TheOneHero
Jun 28, 2008, 10:54 PM
I dislike hearing about young people dying.

But anyone who does that for a hat, or just that stupid, is asking for it.

...maybe he'll get a Darwin Award.

Blitzkommando
Jun 28, 2008, 11:10 PM
He ended up breaking the law and died while ignoring signs warning him for his safety. I have to say I don't feel sympathy for someone who knows that what they are doing is wrong and potentially deadly and do so anyway.

Shadowpawn
Jun 28, 2008, 11:12 PM
Wow, someone leg decapitated him. I can't even picture how that happen.

KodiaX987
Jun 28, 2008, 11:16 PM
Dealer: 13, odd and black. You lose. The house takes the hat.

Idiot: I bet my head on the 29!

Dealer: ...22, even and red. You lose again, sir. The house takes your head. Mister Rider, please do the honors...

*POW*

Rider: AWESOME!

Toadthroat
Jun 28, 2008, 11:17 PM
Imagine getting kicked in the face by Bruce Lee, propelled through the air by a jetpack, wearing a pair of steel toed boots, and you got a good idea.

I wonder what the person who actually decapitated him was thinking.
WOOOOOOOOOO, AAAAAAAAH, FUCK YEEEEAAAAA- FFFFFFHUNK. Ow fuck my leg, wtf! Holy shit I think I just kicked some dude in the face.. Wait...What?

SpikeOtacon
Jun 28, 2008, 11:23 PM
And no one got a video of that for youtube? COME ON!

Sexy_Raine
Jun 28, 2008, 11:38 PM
They put danger signs around fences for coasters for a reason! The kid made a stupid choice, and paid for it dearly. I wonder what the people's reaction was, I bet they couldn't bare going on that ride after that.

McLaughlin
Jun 29, 2008, 12:07 AM
Wow.

How'd he get decapitated?

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 29, 2008, 12:08 AM
Yeah, I would have felt sorry for him if he died in something that wasn't his fault, but since he went through signs that told him not to go, then yeah, I have no sympathy for him, but I do feel sorry for his family and friends.

Skuda
Jun 29, 2008, 12:36 AM
If he got clipped by someone, I'd feel sorry for the person that did the clipping. I mean, they're trying to enjoy the rollercoaster, accidentally kill someone, and potentially injure themselves.

I really hope it was a piece of machinery that did him in :/

Monochrome
Jun 29, 2008, 12:44 AM
There is always irony in a death at a themepark. You go there to have the time of your life, not to die.. So in that respect I have sympathy for this person... It was a really bad decision, and had really bad consequences. I wonder how many people hop the fence to retrieve things and survive every year?

Dre_o
Jun 29, 2008, 01:01 AM
[spoiler-box]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/Flemlazoid/headshot.png
image courtesy of Ben "Yahtzee" Crowshaw
Headshot?

Anyways, before I digress any further into my mind...
[/spoiler-box]
I feel for the boy's family. I really do. But I have to wonder: WHO PUT HIM UP TO IT? There had to have been 3 stupid little friends saying: "Dude! Go get your hat! Those signs are just to scare you! No way the coaster gets close to the ground!"

How can they live with themselves, saying that they inadvertently conspired to commit murder? Inadvertent or not, they killed their friend.

And if he acted alone....well the moron gets what he deserves....

ShadowDragon28
Jun 29, 2008, 01:03 AM
It's not often you hear of some kid doing an unintentional "An Hero"{killing oneself} due too sheer stupidity and by way of rollercoster. It's like a scene from the "Final Destination" movies, but IRL. Wow.
Even the Grim Reaper must a did a face palm about that one.

TheOneHero
Jun 29, 2008, 01:09 AM
It's not often you hear of some kid doing an unintentional "An Hero"{killing oneself} due too sheer stupidity and by way of rollercoster. It's like a scene from the "Final Destination" movies, but IRL. Wow.
Even the Grim Reaper must a did a face palm about that one.

You need to check out the Darwin Awards. =/

PhotonDrop
Jun 29, 2008, 01:50 AM
Decapitated by a roller coaster? By something that cannot move outside of a set track and makes a fuckton of noise? He could have got out of the way. I'm betting that guy decided to stand there and grab some passenger's leg as the car passed by.

CelestialBlade
Jun 29, 2008, 02:03 AM
Fail.

TheOneHero
Jun 29, 2008, 02:08 AM
Ha! Many people have added this to the Darwin Awards, it's currently being voted if the kid deserves the award.

ShinAnt
Jun 29, 2008, 02:34 AM
Did he at least get his hat?

beatrixkiddo
Jun 29, 2008, 02:36 AM
He'll never get ahead in life! Oh ho ho

ShinAnt
Jun 29, 2008, 02:37 AM
ZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jun 29, 2008, 02:58 AM
Ouch.
That's all I can say.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 29, 2008, 12:12 PM
That guy definitely wasn't headstrong, lol.

Iduno
Jun 29, 2008, 01:41 PM
Yeah doing that is definately not a way to get aHEAD :P

Definately a darwin award candidate lol

Weeaboolits
Jun 29, 2008, 02:14 PM
I don't so much feel sorry for the guy as his friends and family, what are they supposed to say in the eulogy?

"The dumbass got his his head kicked off under a roller coaster!"

McLaughlin
Jun 29, 2008, 02:15 PM
You need to check out the Darwin Awards. =/

One I read about the other day had me laughing pretty hard. Some guy was washing the paneling on his house with a pressure washer. He notices someone on his toe, (can you guess hat he does next?) so he goes to wash it off with the pressure washer. He ended up severing his big toe.

Alastor_Haven
Jun 29, 2008, 02:32 PM
All that for a hat?

Toadthroat
Jun 29, 2008, 03:33 PM
Hats are expensive, and are an essential part to a good outfit.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 29, 2008, 03:56 PM
Everyone needs a cool hat...

...but that's why you buy them, and when they're lost, buy another. (:

Weeaboolits
Jun 29, 2008, 04:03 PM
What good is a hat with nowhere to put it? There's a reason they had a huge fence and a ton of signs telling you not to climb them and why, if you somehow manage to get killed yourself this way, in all honesty, I think you deserve it. :/

Darkly
Jun 29, 2008, 04:18 PM
reminds me of final destination - cept that wasn't self inflicted lol

Zantra
Jun 29, 2008, 04:29 PM
Roller Coasters don't kill people, Chuck Norris does.

eXo
Jun 29, 2008, 05:17 PM
The dude ignored several warning signs and went beyond the rules to retrieve a hat i have no sympathy for him unless the hat carried alot of sentimental value to him like it belong to an immediate loved one IE: Mother,Father,Sister,Brother, that recently passed away or something.

I know by me only having one sibling i would really request the return of my hat however if i was denied my deceased brothers hat, i might have done the same thing...

Mewnie
Jun 30, 2008, 12:51 AM
Even still, if I were in that position, I'd just notify park staff and hope they can retrieve it when the ride is not in operation.

Somewhere, out in the great beyond, Darwin is smiling ;3

McLaughlin
Jun 30, 2008, 01:02 AM
Even still, if I were in that position, I'd just notify park staff and hope they can retrieve it when the ride is not in operation.

Somewhere, out in the great beyond, Darwin is facepalming ;3

Probably.

zandra117
Jun 30, 2008, 04:29 AM
Roller Coasters don't kill people, Chuck Norris does.
Chuck Norris was in the front seat of the coaster alongside Captain Falcon.

powerofblack
Jun 30, 2008, 05:19 AM
guns dont kill people rollercoaters do.

i hope he at least gets a darwin award

Weeaboolits
Jun 30, 2008, 06:29 AM
What really gets me is that a roller coaster usually just goes around once, doesn't it? That gives you a really big window before it passes by again.

Mewnie
Jun 30, 2008, 09:36 AM
I've read a bit more, and apparently the dumbass was trying to jump up and grab someone's leg. Except tehre's a bar on the underside of the car and popped his head off like a shrimp |3

Deissa
Jun 30, 2008, 10:03 AM
inb4 people not knowing what darwin was talki--oh, too late

Powder Keg
Jun 30, 2008, 11:22 AM
What really gets me is that a roller coaster usually just goes around once, doesn't it? That gives you a really big window before it passes by again.

Most have two going at once. One the first one reaches the end back to where the belt is, the other one will start right afterwards.

Dude probably had no idea it was whizzing around a corner or something. Batman is only like a 30 second ride.

Weeaboolits
Jun 30, 2008, 11:43 AM
Ah, I actually am not fond of roller coasters.

Dgo
Jun 30, 2008, 11:44 AM
Dealer: 13, odd and black. You lose. The house takes the hat.

Idiot: I bet my head on the 29!

Dealer: ...22, even and red. You lose again, sir. The house takes your head. Mister Rider, please do the honors...

*POW*

Rider: AWESOME!

Give that kid his Award!

TheOneHero
Jun 30, 2008, 12:31 PM
inb4 people not knowing what darwin was talki--oh, too late

Of course we know. But we can't help that the site bears his name, can we? :wacko:

washuguy
Jun 30, 2008, 03:05 PM
Dumb ass...

Randomness
Jun 30, 2008, 05:53 PM
As morbid as the subject matter is... you people are making me crack up with your replies.

I don't know whether to say keep it up or stop it :wacko:.