PDA

View Full Version : Best Tecnics?

doodle
Jun 29, 2008, 12:00 PM
I'm making a third character to be a techer. I was wondering which technics for each elements are must haves - to avoid wasting time on leveling technics I really don't need. Please also name ultimate pa's I will need. Also if I have enough pa frag's to get giresta should I even waste my time on resta? Thanks in advance!

chaoskila
Jun 29, 2008, 12:06 PM
all zonde tecnics.
megid i guess >.>
ramigid is pretty lol
nosdiga for sure.
diga and foie i something i dont know becuase they suck to me [zonde] and they are still lv 21 lol
dambarta.
that covers about everything.

relentless
Jun 29, 2008, 12:09 PM
TECH for each element as a must-have:
Foie
Dambarta
Razonde
Nosdiga (as for non-Frag-PA I would say Diga/Gidiga)
no light attack TECHNIC, Regrant sucks btw.
Ramegid

UPA's:
Nosdiga
Noszonde can be very useful as well
Giresta is worth it, it's useful as a "5th buff". Resta should be used normally through the mission process though.

About the TECHs in general, there's a lot more useful TECHs and some depend on the situation, but I named a few of the important ones.

gryphonvii
Jun 29, 2008, 12:11 PM
both gi-resta and resta are good, if you had to choose one go with gi restabut onlyu with a har-quick, the slow cast maybe too much at lower evels when you have little health and don't have any -mates.

With attack spells go with diga as a power, nos diga is allrihgt but you can do more damamge with diga since it casts faster, the ra-spells are godly when leveled up, dam-barta is useful but I don't use it that much.

The line type spells (barta, zonde and megid) are useful as heck once leveled properly.

If you won't carrya bow get either nos-onde or nos megid, noszonde hits 3 targets while nosmegid hits only 2. But both are very useful and powerful.

With the pa rebalance ther is no reason for you to have low buffs.

Rods are more powerful by a lot, at level 70 a fortetecher with rods can outdo a 130 Acrotecher using top-tier wands. But wands and madoogs cast faster (use these for buffs and healing.)

And the best place ( from all that I have leaned) to level techs is sleeping warriors.

That is trhe gryphon guide to basic teching.

Shou
Jun 29, 2008, 12:20 PM
both gi-resta and resta are good, if you had to choose one go with gi restabut onlyu with a har-quick, the slow cast maybe too much at lower evels when you have little health and don't have any -mates.

With attack spells go with diga as a power, nos diga is allrihgt but you can do more damamge with diga since it casts faster, the ra-spells are godly when leveled up, dam-barta is useful but I don't use it that much.

The line type spells (barta, zonde and megid) are useful as heck once leveled properly.

If you won't carrya bow get either nos-onde or nos megid, noszonde hits 3 targets while nosmegid hits only 2. But both are very useful and powerful.

Rods are more powerful by a lot, at level 70 a fortetecher with rods can outdo a 130 Acrotecher using top-tier wands. But wands and madoogs cast faster (use these for buffs and healing.)

And the best place ( from all that I have leaned) to level techs is sleeping warriors.

Sorry but I'm going to have to call BS. I dont feel like explaining so just ignore this post. :p *look at other posts* :yes:

relentless
Jun 29, 2008, 12:28 PM

I don't think you need to choose one of both, because both have their own uses / purposes.

Other way around, Nosdiga for power plus stun, and it's not that slow, you're right with Diga being faster though.
Yes, Ra-TECHs are excellent once they arrive at 21+ (or 31+ if you manage to). Although if it's about Radiga, it's not THAT useful, no SE and considering the x2 exp not that easy to lvl up, from my experience at least.

Agreed to the line type ones, but there are alternatives to those TECHs if you don't want to go through the fuss of lvling them up, Megid is an exception, because it owns robot like KS can once lvl'ed up enough.

There's not really need for Bows for forteTecher, even Handgun is more useful in certain situations (aka Egg Thieves).

Agreed to buffs. :P

Speed > Power = TCSMs own Rods, though Rods are good to go with "heavy" TECHs like Dam- and Nos-TECHs.

Sleeping Warriors ftw.

Lol

Shou
Jun 29, 2008, 12:46 PM
I don't think you need to choose one of both, because both have their own uses / purposes.

Other way around, Nosdiga for power plus stun, and it's not that slow, you're right with Diga being faster though.
Yes, Ra-TECHs are excellent once they arrive at 21+ (or 31+ if you manage to). Although if it's about Radiga, it's not THAT useful, no SE and considering the x2 exp not that easy to lvl up, from my experience at least.

Agreed to the line type ones, but there are alternatives to those TECHs if you don't want to go through the fuss of lvling them up, Megid is an exception, because it owns robot like KS can once lvl'ed up enough.

There's not really need for Bows for forteTecher, even Handgun is more useful in certain situations (aka Egg Thieves).

Agreed to buffs. :P

Speed > Power = TCSMs own Rods, though Rods are good to go with "heavy" TECHs like Dam- and Nos-TECHs.

Sleeping Warriors ftw.

Lol
This.

desturel
Jun 29, 2008, 01:32 PM
Honestly, if you have no intention of leveling up all of the spells, you are probably better off as an acrotecher. Anyway, there's a lazy man's guide to fortetecher here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144682).

The problem that you'll run into is only leveling a few select techs will leave you short for rods. The "main" concern would be, are you planning to solo as a fortetecher or not? If you are only running in a group, then acro should be your main concern.

Back to the point. If you cut out situational attack techs, what you have left is:

Fire:
Rafoie

Ice:
Dambarta

Lightning:
Razonde
Noszonde

Ground:
Nosdiga

Dark:
Megid
Ramegid

Light:
Nothing.

Now for the situational attack techs:

Fire:
Foie - if you wish to level 4 burn creatures and don't want to carry a bow. It's good damage, but will not outdamage nosdiga unless the creature is ice.
Damfoie - thins out groups of ice creatures without you having to get in the middle of them. Gifoie is only really useful against Ageeta, Sageeta, and Ice Vanda. Other ice creatures have a good chance of damaging you should they all attack at once. Since Damfoie has flinch, it stops olgohmon from casting.
Gifoie - as mentioned with damfoie, good for clearing up small ice creatures, but in many cases Damfoie is just as good. Gifoie/damfoie will also be your techs of choice in the Hive for the most part.

Ice:
Barta - good for uphill/downhill spots and level 2 freeze if you level it properly. since there are a good number of fire creatures in this game, barta is quick and allows you to be the most mobile while still maintaining constant damage on a group. Things like fire robots, that aren't going to run towards you.
Rabarta - Better damage than barta, but less versatile. I personally never need rabarta and only used it to level to 31. Other people will swear by it over barta. Ra-spells are a PITA to use consistantly until they hit level 21, so unless you are willing to stick it out, don't bother Rafoie and Ramegid are exceptions since they inflict their status easier. If you want to have something frozen, Dambarta is better than Rabarta. If you want to do damage to a large (5+ enemies) stationary group, barta is better than dambarta and rabarta. If the large group is charging towards you dambarta is better. If the group is stationary and has 3/4 creatures, rabarta is your choice. This is also a good spell for fire robots like barta and mainly useful for when they initially spawn before they split up.
Gibarta - more useful than Gifoie since there are more fire creatures, but also less useful in that dambarta deals damage faster. If an enemy gets behind you, a quick gibarta saves you from running around and repositioning yourself, but if you are using Barta/Dambarta to begin with, the chances of the enemies getting behind you are slim anyway... except goshin which are better taken care of with another tech. I find gibarta most useful when dealing with Ollaka.

Lighting:
Zonde - It's pretty at the high levels. It's also your best spell for running Awoken Serpent. Other earth heavy zones like Grove of fanatics would be better with razonde/gizonde. Bil de vear are best handled with foie/noszonde. Burn them and knockdown to keep them off your back. If you are good with zonde, then you can use it on anything, but most people are too lazy to level it and would rely on megid instead.
Gizonde - This is your best group hitting spell since lightning does not have a "dam" spell. The reason why I list it as situational is that shock is a status that is better applied to lightning creatures and not to ground ones. Go Vahra are better to shock than, but you don't want to use gizonde on them as a techer. Vanda are better to silence. Vanda Orga aren't affected by shock or silence... which leaves you with nava ludda and Naval... who die pretty quickly. Even the earth lapucha, when shocks, will just fly around (and still hit you) or throw diga your way.

Ground:
Diga - level 4 silence and quick to cast. For the times when you don't have time to cast nosdiga or when you are at a distance when nosdiga will miss. There's no problem with diga, but many people have replaced it with nosdiga. There is no down side to using it though. It is one of the slower techs to level up unless you are using it exclusive however. I prefer Diga for Grinna Bete, Carriguine and bosses like Maggas and Ragnus. Nosdiga I prefer for Polvohra and Degahnna. Gainozeros I prefer diga for the most part since it's annoying when they cast their tech-shield while you are in the middle of the nos spell.
Radiga - straight damage with no status effect not much more to say about it. Radiga is best against lighting robots and Volfu.
Damdiga - Many people laugh at this tech, however it will kill a group of Go Vahra quicker than any other tech you have. Many are happy with just nosdiga/radiga. nosdiga is your best bet when there's only one creature on the screen, but in groups damdiga keeps the damage coming in safe intervals while flinching the enemies and causing a damage status effect. I also use it on Volfu, robots, and bees, but radiga works almost as well (less damage more mobility). Robots can also be taken care of by megid.
Gidiga - Your other choice for killing large packs of Go Vahra / Volfu, but not as useful as damdiga IMO. Again, many people just laugh at Damdiga so take that as you will.

Dark:
Dammegid - like with damdiga, most poeple write dammegid off. It only has level 2 status until 31. Many large creatures require level 3 for infect to take place. Dammegid has the highest damage modifier of the dam spells, but it's uses are more limited. In tight hallway situations, dammegid does great damage, but megid has the instant kill effect that makes you want to use it. Golmoro are hoppy bastards and best handled by ramegid/megid. Light Olgohmon stand in one place so ramegid is best there too. Ollaka, Kakwane, and Sageeta are good choices for dammegid if you don't want to use megid. Svaltus and Zamphas are good targets too. Tengohg are best taken care of with foie or nosdiga. Komazli are a toss up between foie and dammegid, but since they are rarely by themselves and rarely in a position where you can hit them and other creatures with the dam-spell, ramegid/foie is what you will use on them more often than not.
Megidverse - LOL, don't bother. It's nice to have, but not meant for soloing. If you have a bunch of other people around to protect you wile you do it, then fine. It's also good for safe spots and missions where the creatures are too weak to knock you out of the tech. Ice Vanda, debuffed Gobajilla, Badira, sageeta, sometimes olgohmon, but it's really slow to do damage.
Nosmegid - In cases where noszonde isn't an option for some reason or other. It only knocks down two instead of three like noszonde. It does more "base" damage than Noszonde, but Nosmegid and Noszonde aren't high DPS spells so it's up to you which one you want to use. Nosmegid is useful for knocking down Komazli without forcing them to disappear. Then you can follow up with megid/dammegid, but cards might be your better option (twin handguns as an acrotecher).

Light
Regrant - another "useless" tech that has many uses. Goshin... you know, those worm creatures? Never seen them? Well, if you do some version 1 Neudaiz maps, there will be some. Nos-spells are too slow to knock these guys over. Bul Buna at least stay above ground for more than a second. Goshin are always popping up and down. Regrants stops their crap cold. It's also good for Bal Soza (diga and nosdiga are also good), Gaozoran, Orcadillian, Seed Vitance, Sendillian, Delp Slami, Seed-Ardite and Jusnagun. Plus koltova rolling is entertaining from time to time. While Regrant can also lock up Carriguine for short periods of time, they can get out of it whenever they want making it dangerous for constant use against them. It also locks up Grinna Bete, Shinowa Hidoki, and other large creatures, but it's not a killer damage dealer (nor do you want it to be).

Support Spells:
The Resta vs Giresta argument. This argument will never end. Giresta = Buff. Advantage = Regen, quick leveling, revive. Resta = heal. Advantage = everything else. Resta is faster, cheaper, has better range, and heals for more. Giresta lasts for 4 mins (at level 21) and stacks regen. If you don't want to mess with the regen stack, you should cast Giresta when you cast the rest of your buffs and then use resta everytime after until you have to rebuff. If you don't care about the regen stack, you can cast Giresta whenever someone gets hit. I find that to be a waste of Giresta, but since Resta takes roughly 5 times as long to level, I can't blame people for taking the lazy way out.

Debuffs - get them. They aren't game breaking or anything, but when you are in a group of 6, unless you are using barta/zonde/megid, tagging gets to be difficult. Debuffs allow you to tag the most enemies in the least amount of time. It sucks that they don't have a 100% apply rate, but they do apply enough that if you are leveling, you should get exp 80% of the time. Zodeel is useful if you have a beast in your party. Jellen is good so that you don't get smacked around quite as much (although with the techer hp boost it's not as bad as it was). Zalure isn't really as useful unless your fortefighter wants to see bigger numbers. The ones I run with do, so I cast it and let them do their redda swings. Debuffs have better range than gi-spells and don't serve to draw all of the creatures attention towards you which is a good thing. They also have better recovery time than gi-spells so even if all of the Earth Vanda start looking your way with diga, you can duck out of the way a bit quicker than if you were using gizonde. Again, they aren't game breakers and at higher levels you won't need them as much, but since you are starting a new techer, the low level groups you will be running in will benefit.

Buffs - Megistar is for if you want to piss other people off "Gather for Buffs!" Cast megistar. Continue fighting. Sure they take up alot of space. Sure they cost a lot to cast. But in the end you aren't going to be the main damage dealer of the group so the few seconds you take to make the others stronger isn't going to hurt you much. If you need to tag for EXP, debuff then buff or use *gasp* a hangun. Crazy as this may sound, hanguns actually hit creatures... for damage even. And they are mobile unlike bows. And they don't run out of PP easily. Plus they are easier to target with than cards. Pop off a few shots, then buff. People will thank you for it. Especially now that it doesn't take as long to level them.

So anyway, that's my feeling on the spells. Take it or leave it. That's fine by me. Just handing out some suggestions.

Cliff notes / TL;DR version - level them all noob!

relentless
Jun 29, 2008, 02:05 PM
... level them all ...!

Eh, if I were doodle, honestly, this would've been enough. Lol

desturel
Jun 30, 2008, 01:01 AM
Eh, if I were doodle, honestly, this would've been enough. Lol

Maybe. Then he/she wouldn't have to decipher all of the misspellings and typos I made. I might clean it up a bit some other time to make it easier to read, but for now I guess it's okay. The cliff notes are there for a reason.

TecherRamen
Jun 30, 2008, 05:59 PM
foie razonde dambarta gidiga resta

if upas nosdiga noszonde

shotsfired
Jun 30, 2008, 07:32 PM
seriously, lvl all except megiverse, regrants and megistar. if you are starting from lvl. 1, you have lots of time to grind it out.

MSAksion
Jul 1, 2008, 05:15 PM
Here is my thoughts on "THE BEST"

Best spell from each of the 5 attack TECHNIC series are;
1x burn 4 - Foie
Sx freeze 4 - DamBarta
3x shock 3 RaZonde
3x stun 2 - NosDiga
Lx Kill 3 - Megid.

2nd best in each series is
3x burn 3 - RaFoie
3x freeze 3 - RaBarta
6x shock 3 - Gizonde
1x silence 4 - Diga
3x confuse 3 - Ramegid.

3rd place each is;
Sx burn 3 - DamFoie
6x freeze 3 - Gibarta
3x shock 3 - NosZonde
3x DMG - RaDiga
3x Infect 3 - DamMegid

NOT BAD just Infrequently Used by Me;
6x Debuff - Jellen - use once then back to attack.
6x Debuff - Zalure - use once then back to attack.
6x Debuff - Zodeel - use once then back to attack.
6x DMG - GiDiga (just dont like screen shaking =P)
6x HP Drain - Megiverse (use only when protected by team)

Completely useless or so dangerous why bother;
6x burn 3 - GiFoie - surrounded by Ice Monsters?
Lx freeze 1 - basic Barta
Lx shock 1 - basic Zonde
Sx poison 4 -DamDiga
3x DMG - NosMegid - TECHERs already have low HP.

desturel
Jul 2, 2008, 10:58 AM
Lx freeze 1 - basic Barta
Lx shock 1 - basic Zonde
3x DMG - NosMegid - TECHERs already have low HP.

Barta is freeze 2 at level 31
Zonde is shock 2 at level 31
Nosmegid hits 2 targets not 3 and you don't have to be at low HP to use it. It works just fine at full HP too.

Sexy_Raine
Jul 2, 2008, 03:27 PM
To TC, techer as third? Fail! A melee type deserves to be the last one picked :P

I won't go deep into this but I'll tell you what's necessary.

Get all Ra-techs. They are a techer's main offense to multiple enemies. At +31, they can hit 4 targets, and SE3(except Radiga). Good for all tech weapons

Get all Dam-techs. Any Badira, Ageeta, Naval type enemy will gets dominated by these. Dam-techs are good to abuse, and their combo ability can hold back multiple enemies. They suck until lv21, but getting them to 21 is very easy. Use for Rods only

Foie/Diga. These are your main offense for bosses. You can use these to your advantage at spots that nosdiga won't work, i.e where an enemy is separated by a floor gap. Best with TSCMs

Nosdiga. Requires a bit of a bit of practice to use. Only experienced techers can use it out in the open as a main offense . Don't use it over Foie for ice enemies. Use it on Rods only.

NosZonde. Good for hit enemies in the air. Also causes knockdown at lv21, and shock lv3.

Giresta. Your main healing tech.

Reverser. Healing SE's

Everything else is optional, but I recommend getting them all for the Element % on Rods. Even if Gi-techs suck ass, except for Gizonde.

Don't waste your time with bows.

Get at least one or two Card bullets. Techs suck against Olgohmons and Deljabans if you can't resist their Freeze/insta-death. Cards are very good for these guys.

I hope this helps.

relentless
Jul 2, 2008, 03:45 PM
Oh, never thought about using cards against Olgohmons before. lol

But yeah, isn't Nosdiga more effective than cards against Deljaban? I mean, it should do more damage, no? I can understand for Olgohmons, but Deljabans aren't even tech resistant. =o

Sexy_Raine
Jul 2, 2008, 03:55 PM
Deljaban megid is hard to dodge when tech casting prevent you from moving. That's why I said "if you can't resist the Insta-death". Also there's no good Light offense techs for the them. Yousei-shiki, the light Card can confuse them and take advantage of elemental damage.

panzer_unit
Jul 2, 2008, 03:59 PM

Get all Ra-techs. They are a techer's main offense to multiple enemies. At +31, they can hit 4 targets, and SE3(except Radiga). Good for all tech weapons

Best tech advice in the thread IMO.

Proper-element damage mods are huge for techniques, you will need something strong in the right color for every enemy you fight and Ra-techs are your man. They've got good range, they've got good AOE, they've got status effects, they've got good damage mods... except for sucking at all of the above until at least lv21 they're perfect ._.

If you're looking at stacked elemental rods, most elements only have 4 attack techs. With Dark and Earth you've gotta make one choice. I guess if you include the corresponding debuff you might have to think a bit for the rest too.

JAFO22000
Jul 2, 2008, 04:05 PM
Deljaban megid is harder to dodge since tech casting prevent you from moving. That's why I said "if you can't resist the Insta-death".

Damfoie vs. Olgohmon. No way will a FT using cards defeat a group of more than one of these faster than a FT using damfoie.

Damfoie/Damdiga vs. Deljaban (knockback pretty much prevents them from throwing megid.) This strategy can also help your teammates from having to worry about them. Using dam- techs to keep the enemies coming after you is very helpful to the party. You can pretty much keep things in place with these techs and allow the rest of the party to get their damage in without having to worry much. Damdiga was the only way to go here before Damfoie started causing knockback (Dambarta is too concealing to work here; megid can "hide" within the ice and surprise you or teammates). Also, Damdiga vs. 3 or more Vahra is the only way to go.

desturel
Jul 2, 2008, 05:24 PM
Deljaban megid is hard to dodge when tech casting prevent you from moving.

Damdiga against Deljaban.

Dambarta makes it so you can't see megid while it's being thrown at you. Damfoie is good too, but there is a bit of screen blocking (not as bad as dambarta tho). Damdiga stops them from throwing megid and also when they do throw megid you can see it coming and get out of the way.

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 2, 2008, 06:54 PM

Once again, Giresta is a buff while Resta is a healing technic. Please do not confuse the two.

If you only have room for one on your techer you may substitute Giresta in place of Resta but keep in mind that every time you cast Giresta you are resetting the buffer that everyone has built up. What this means is that you are using a skill to heal and taking away the entire buffer effect for everyone within the cast radius. Why bother using Giresta in the first place if you will not use the technic to its full advantage?

Giresta = slow cast time, small radius, less healing, higher PP cost, provides buffer for future damage, recasting resets the buffer.
Resta = fast cast time, large radius, more healing, lower PP cost, does not reset buffer from Giresta.

When playing solo using Giresta is fine. In parties if you overwrite my Giresta (level 40) with a lower level Giresta in order to heal you will be warned once and then booted if you continue to do it. There are no exceptions and using Giresta for all healing is just as bad as using Nosdiga as your main offensive technic. Sure it may work, but that does not mean that it is the most effective way to play.

JAFO22000
Jul 2, 2008, 07:18 PM

Dambarta makes it so you can't see megid while it's being thrown at you. Damfoie is good too, but there is a bit of screen blocking (not as bad as dambarta tho). Damdiga stops them from throwing megid and also when they do throw megid you can see it coming and get out of the way.

*high 5*

Sexy_Raine
Jul 3, 2008, 12:22 AM
Once again, Giresta is a buff while Resta is a healing technic. Please do not confuse the two.

If you only have room for one on your techer you may substitute Giresta in place of Resta but keep in mind that every time you cast Giresta you are resetting the buffer that everyone has built up. What this means is that you are using a skill to heal and taking away the entire buffer effect for everyone within the cast radius. Why bother using Giresta in the first place if you will not use the technic to its full advantage?

Giresta = slow cast time, small radius, less healing, higher PP cost, provides buffer for future damage, recasting resets the buffer.
Resta = fast cast time, large radius, more healing, lower PP cost, does not reset buffer from Giresta.

When playing solo using Giresta is fine. In parties if you overwrite my Giresta (level 40) with a lower level Giresta in order to heal you will be warned once and then booted if you continue to do it. There are no exceptions and using Giresta for all healing is just as bad as using Nosdiga as your main offensive technic. Sure it may work, but that does not mean that it is the most effective way to play.

If there's more than one techer, I'll let that person do the healing unless that person is slacking, I don't care what class he/she is. I hate pausing my offense techs anyway. Also the Regan from Tier 3 to Tier 4 is not that big, so I don't see what the fuss is about. Also I don't know if the AT has it at tier 4, some of them don't believe it or not.

Sexy_Raine
Jul 3, 2008, 12:28 AM

I've never tried being gutsy when fighting Deljabans, I might try that. I'm so used to using Yousei-shiki for its mobility though.

desturel
Jul 3, 2008, 01:07 AM
*high 5*

I didn't notice your post until after I posted, but I feel the same way. The dam-spells all have different animations. damdiga and dammegid have the smallest animations, but they hit the same area as dambarta. Once you realize this and you get a good feel for how large their area is, you can use them in more situations.

I've never tried being gutsy when fighting Deljabans, I might try that. I'm so used to using Yousei-shiki for its mobility though.

It's not as gutsy as you might think. I also use Yousei-shiki if there's only one or two deljaban. When there are 3+ on the screen there's no reason not to hit them with the dam-spell of choice. It does more damage quicker to more targets. Damdiga and Dambarta always had flinch even pre-AotI. Since I got hit by a few sneak attack megid while using dambarta, I decided to try damdiga instead. I just got use to using it I guess and got addicted to the higher visibility. Dammegid was the only dam-spell I didn't use before AotI, but that was mostly because I used bows and cards for most of holy grounds (tech resistant enemies), then foie/diga for svaltus.

If you want to practice it, Linear Line S Deljaban megid should do 0 damage to a level 130/20 human or neuman fortetecher no matter what armor you are wearing.

Magical Trevor
Jul 3, 2008, 01:08 AM
To TC, techer as third? Fail! A melee type deserves to be the last one picked :P

Get all Dam-techs. Any Badira, Ageeta, Naval type enemy will gets dominated by these. Dam-techs are good to abuse, and their combo ability can hold back multiple enemies. They suck until lv21, but getting them to 21 is very easy. Use for Rods only

Foie/Diga. These are your main offense for bosses. You can use these to your advantage at spots that nosdiga won't work, i.e where an enemy is separated by a floor gap. Best with TSCMs

Nosdiga. Requires a bit of a bit of practice to use. Only experienced techers can use it out in the open as a main offense . Don't use it over Foie for ice enemies. Use it on Rods only.

NosZonde. Good for hit enemies in the air. Also causes knockdown at lv21, and shock lv3.

Reverser. Healing SE's

Everything else is optional, but I recommend getting them all for the Element % on Rods. Even if Gi-techs suck ass, except for Gizonde.

Don't waste your time with bows.

Get at least one or two Card bullets. Techs suck against Olgohmons and Deljabans if you can't resist their Freeze/insta-death. Cards are very good for these guys.

I hope this helps.

yeah you did well with this raine.. xD... I would add regrants though as a desperation move to clear the room. (and get revenge on the FFs for all their 'lets move the stuff the FTs are aiming for' tactics)

SE and the ability to spam is the key to being successful when soloing.. adjust acordingly..

MEGIVERSE IS USELESS!!!! DON"T GET IT UNLESS YOU REALLY FELL LIKE IT.

Megistar.. meh.. optional if you already got the rest of the buffs.

Magical Trevor
Jul 3, 2008, 01:13 AM

wow.. you take this too seriously then.

Sexy_Raine
Jul 3, 2008, 01:52 AM
yeah you did well with this raine.. xD... I would add regrants though as a desperation move to clear the room. (and get revenge on the FFs for all their 'lets move the stuff the FTs are aiming for' tactics)

Thank you Trevor :D

Actually, megiverse is awesome if you can do the lag glitch.

Yeah, I agree with the FF knockback crap, just shove a Regrants in their face.:lol:

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 3, 2008, 02:18 AM
wow.. you take this too seriously then.

Why is that, because I understand the difference between a buff and a healing technic? Techers have enough trouble in this game just trying to deal damage, we don't need players with bad habits ruining the good technics that we can use.

Giresta is a great technic but it is not a replacement for Resta. If you spam Giresta as a healing technic you are spending extra PP, losing range and the amount that can be healed, and also resetting the regeneration effect of Giresta back to zero. The only good effect that spamming Giresta has is that if anyone dies and does not have a Scape Doll you will revive them. As this situation rarely happens there is no benefit to spamming Giresta or using it in place of Resta.

panzer_unit
Jul 3, 2008, 09:15 AM
I didn't know about repeat Girestas resetting the HP buffer. I guess it matters more in a party... some people might need healing while others still have a full bank of HP. Solo you will only need to heal when you've already used up all the buffer, might as well cast Giresta all the time.

Good info.

Magical Trevor
Jul 3, 2008, 09:22 AM
Why is that, because I understand the difference between a buff and a healing technic? Techers have enough trouble in this game just trying to deal damage, we don't need players with bad habits ruining the good technics that we can use.

Giresta is a great technic but it is not a replacement for Resta. If you spam Giresta as a healing technic you are spending extra PP, losing range and the amount that can be healed, and also resetting the regeneration effect of Giresta back to zero. The only good effect that spamming Giresta has is that if anyone dies and does not have a Scape Doll you will revive them. As this situation rarely happens there is no benefit to spamming Giresta or using it in place of Resta.

if i remember correctly, unless a recent update killed this, but there was a technique update that made it so that giresta stacked. in other words a diferent caster DOESN'T reset it, but rather adds to it. i will look that up and link it later.

Oh and you take it too seriously because you are willing to boot people from a party for trying to help. Give them credit for doing their job, who gives a shit if they screwed up your giresta.

However i do give you credit for stating that the two techs are different. But please keep in mind that not everyone is here to be a 1337uberplayer and they just want to have what little fun they can have right now XD.

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 3, 2008, 01:19 PM
if i remember correctly, unless a recent update killed this, but there was a technique update that made it so that giresta stacked. in other words a diferent caster DOESN'T reset it, but rather adds to it. i will look that up and link it later.

Yeah, let me know if you can find that link. From what I have seen Giresta adds a % of hit points every tick (~5 seconds) just like a regeneration unit. If the player's hit points are full this % gets stored in a buffer, basically saving up that amount for use later. When the player takes damage the buffer gets applied first and any portion of the buffer that remains does not get used. This saved portion of the buffer will be applied the next time damage is taken.

One thing that I am still unsure about is when Giresta expires. It looks like it works two ways. The first is that after a set amount of time the regeneration effect will stop adding additional hit points to the player or buffer. I am pretty sure that this is measured in ticks and does increase with each stage of levelling (1, 11, 21, 31, and soon 41). So a low level Giresta will only add X amount of ticks before needing to be reapplied while a higher level one lasts much longer. The trick is that there is a period where Giresta will not apply additional ticks to the player but will still act as a buffer if they take any damage.

The second way that I have seen Giresta stop adding its regeneration effect is when you have taken so much damage that all the ticks have already been used for healing and there is no buffer present. This is the one case where spamming Giresta does not hurt because if you are taking damage too quickly there is no time for the buffer to build up anyway and it acts strictly as a healing and reviving technic.

So to recap, Giresta lasts for a fixed amount of time, let's say 4 minutes. Every tick, ~5 seconds, Giresta adds a set % of health to each player (note that player's with more health have more benefit from this feature). This % health will be applied instantly if any damage has been taken. If there is no damage the % health gets stored within a buffer. After a certain number of ticks have been applied the regeneration effect will stop working, but the buffer will still remain for a fixed amount of time. Any Giresta recast before the buffer timer runs out will reset this entire buffer back to zero. Casting Resta, however, will simply heal any damage taken but will not affect the buffer in any way.

JAFO22000
Jul 3, 2008, 02:44 PM
I didn't notice your post until after I posted, but I feel the same way. The dam-spells all have different animations. damdiga and dammegid have the smallest animations, but they hit the same area as dambarta. Once you realize this and you get a good feel for how large their area is, you can use them in more situations.

Yeah, I figured you were probably composing your post when I had just finished. It's just an oddity to find someone else who actually knows this, thus the high five. It's obvious that you know how to use all techs effectively. I salute you!!

gryphonvii
Jul 3, 2008, 08:42 PM
I think gi-resta only heals about as long as a buff at that levels but I am not sure about this. I don't really think there is much we can do to figure ths out. In an average party with a techer gi-resta gets cast at least as often as buffs so the timer (if ther is one) is constanty reset.

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 3, 2008, 09:06 PM
I think gi-resta only heals about as long as a buff at that levels but I am not sure about this. I don't really think there is much we can do to figure ths out. In an average party with a techer gi-resta gets cast at least as often as buffs so the timer (if ther is one) is constanty reset.

I'll go to White Beast and test it using ice traps next week. I don't think it lasts for the full 5 minutes that a level 31+ buff does. What I'll do is cast Giresta and wait for 3, 4 and 5 minutes and then step into the trap to see if the buffer heals me or not. I will also test to see how much total health the buffer will heal before I start taking damage and then divide that by the amount a single tick heals to determine exactly how many ticks Giresta heals in total. I will only be able to check for level 31-40 Giresta, so if there is a FT that would like to test with me or can do the test on their own, please post the results here or send me a friend's request, 360 Gamertag: Hiero Glyph.

Magical Trevor
Jul 4, 2008, 12:31 AM

there does SEEM to be a timer of sorts, however it does also expire after so much regeneration instantly after a hit so, i suggest... that its a fixed amount of hp that it regenerates and not a timer thing, maybe like 200% or something.

desturel
Jul 4, 2008, 12:37 AM
there does SEEM to be a timer of sorts, however it does also expire after so much regeneration instantly after a hit so, i suggest... that its a fixed amount of hp that it regenerates and not a timer thing, maybe like 200% or something.

It doesn't expire. If you sit there after your hit, you will begin to regen again as long as there is still time left on Giresta. If you cast resta after getting hit, wait for a few tics and then get hit again, you will notice that the regen stack continued after you were healed to full.

It's timed intervals with storage. Also Giresta has the same time duration as a buff. When your buffs wear off so does giresta.

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 11, 2008, 02:25 PM
I'll go to White Beast and test it using ice traps next week. I don't think it lasts for the full 5 minutes that a level 31+ buff does. What I'll do is cast Giresta and wait for 3, 4 and 5 minutes and then step into the trap to see if the buffer heals me or not. I will also test to see how much total health the buffer will heal before I start taking damage and then divide that by the amount a single tick heals to determine exactly how many ticks Giresta heals in total. I will only be able to check for level 31-40 Giresta, so if there is a FT that would like to test with me or can do the test on their own, please post the results here or send me a friend's request, 360 Gamertag: Hiero Glyph.

After testing, a level 31-40 Giresta lasts for 4 minutes total. It will heal a maximum of 3% health per tick for 48 ticks (144% total health healed). The buffer will store all of this health for 4 minutes duration. If Giresta is cast before this 4 minute period ends the buffer and duration will both be reset. A normal level 31-40 buff will lasts for 5 minutes so please be aware that Giresta of the same level will end 1 minute before the buffs expire.