PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July Activities

CoV-Shana
Jul 1, 2008, 09:21 AM
So what is everyone doing?

This will be my last 4th of July in Germany before I come back to the states. Since this is the last few months me and my friends have left, we've decided toward a cookout at a friend's. It was normally going to be a small get-together but since everyone invited some friends of their own it's turning out to be a party. Then after the 4th we are going castle hunting, something I've been wanting to do since I came to Germany. Though my workplace is a little heavy right now so I hope I don't end up working the day instead X(.

Ketchup345
Jul 1, 2008, 11:37 AM
Working in morning (6-3ish), then a party after.

Deissa
Jul 1, 2008, 11:42 AM
I'll be cursing you Americans!
WE'D HAVE GOTTEN AWAY WITH IT TOO, IF IT WASN'T FOR YOU MEDDING KIDS. AND THAT DOG TOO *shakes fist*

Wyndham
Jul 1, 2008, 12:02 PM
me and Robin are gonna watch the fireworks together.

BlaizeYES
Jul 1, 2008, 12:16 PM
im going to be in miami, then new york, then DETROIT CITY

have fun

CelestialBlade
Jul 1, 2008, 12:45 PM
Going to my brother's girlfriend's family's house (say that 5 times fast) to shoot off the ~$1000 in fireworks they buy each year, not to mention the tons of free stuff they get. Even shooting off the really huge illegal ones that wake up neighbors you didn't even know you had ^_^ Good thing nobody cares around here. Wouldn't be surprised if we had state troopers coming out to help us shoot them off.

Zantra
Jul 1, 2008, 01:44 PM
Eh... nothing really.

Might go to a county fair.

I don't really celebrate EVERY holiday.

Just another day of the month to me.

Vitamin_D
Jul 1, 2008, 02:00 PM
Working in morning (6-3ish), then a party after.

This, same work time frame and all haha.

Freshellent
Jul 1, 2008, 02:34 PM
Going to be at Anime Expo 08 in LA by that time, prolly get rowdy drunk and fight cosplayers or something like that.

BlaizeYES
Jul 1, 2008, 03:02 PM
I don't really celebrate EVERY holiday.

Just another day of the month to me.

i'm the same way, i'm not big on birthdays, holidays, etc... i'll just happen to be somewhere. i forgot there was even a holiday coming up when i made these plans, to tell you the truth

CelestialBlade
Jul 1, 2008, 03:06 PM
Going to be at Anime Expo 08 in LA by that time, prolly get rowdy drunk and fight cosplayers or something like that.
Just don't kill my friends there XD

Fight the fat ones in Kuja costumes!

Anduril
Jul 1, 2008, 03:08 PM
It's going to be the usual family hell, everyone but my dad and I are going to be dead drunk wanting to try and shoot off the fire works, there will be burning, then we'll need a first aid kit, and now that my aunt has a house with a pool we may have to pull people out of the water when they fall in. *sigh* -_- Well, at least I won't be bored.

Blitzkommando
Jul 1, 2008, 04:19 PM
I will be off on secret missions to prevent the galactic holocaust. (http://masseffect.bioware.com/)

I'll likely also run upstairs for a bit for food and to see family between my missions.

Dangerous55
Jul 1, 2008, 04:32 PM
Softball tourney.

I intend to win.

Tessu
Jul 1, 2008, 06:29 PM
Just going to be having a classic get-together with "family". Non-blood-related "family". xp

It's pretty fun. It's not much of a wild party but we all get together and eat and talk and then go out and look at fireworks. They're all my childhood friends, so it's nice to see them again.

CelestialBlade
Jul 1, 2008, 06:39 PM
Just going to be having a classic get-together with "family". Non-blood-related "family". xp

It's pretty fun. It's not much of a wild party but we all get together and eat and talk and then go out and look at fireworks. They're all my childhood friends, so it's nice to see them again.
That's as good as it gets, if you ask me.

sange
Jul 1, 2008, 06:50 PM
most likely i'll just be home. i'll probably be watching the fireworks when they shoot them off in the fairgrounds. i can see em from my house :D

Kylie
Jul 1, 2008, 07:18 PM
Going out to eat with some of my buddies, and then we're gonna buy fireworks. :)

Siertes
Jul 1, 2008, 07:24 PM
Working from about 9a-6p, then coming home and playing games or watching videos on my PC.

Exact same thing I do pretty much every day :(

washuguy
Jul 1, 2008, 07:28 PM
EAT until I'm fat, shoot fireworks, throw things at people, and go to the national monument to watch the big show. It's really fun at the monument, and the sights are amazing (Girls *cough cough*).

Solstis
Jul 1, 2008, 07:48 PM
Boom, Boom, Kaboom.

And food.

ABDUR101
Jul 1, 2008, 09:28 PM
Going to have a BBQ on friday with the family; prolly my sisters, their husbands and kids. Then saturday going to a sister's house for a friend of the family's wedding shpiel thing(an excuse for a party/cook-out", and then sunday going to my aunt's for a baby-shower/party/cook-out since my cousin just had a second son this past week.

By monday I expect to not to want to have a cook out until next year.

McLaughlin
Jul 2, 2008, 01:24 AM
Sleep. *Points to location*

The fireworks today were pretty damn awesome though.

Jared_T
Jul 2, 2008, 03:00 AM

I will also be at the AX. Maybe well see each other. Well maybe not there is usually around 30K people attending.

Monochrome
Jul 2, 2008, 04:28 AM
Re-surfacing my parents' driveway. Then watching the awesome, illegal, 360 degree, full-aerial, 3 hour long fireworks display that all their neighbors put on every year.

zandra117
Jul 2, 2008, 05:42 AM
Im going to be making an explosion in my back yard that is capable of being seen from lunar orbit.

Getintothegame
Jul 2, 2008, 04:16 PM
I have to work the majority of the day. But they'll let us out to at least watch the fireworks, which is alright.

I haven't lit any fireworks for a long while now... I kinda miss it.