PDA

View Full Version : Let's put a smile on that face!!! - The Dark Knight

Para
Jul 2, 2008, 06:35 PM
So who's planning to watch on opening day?

TheOneHero
Jul 2, 2008, 06:49 PM
I'm currently planning on attending the 12:01 IMAX showing, I hear there's a special surprise for everyone that goes at that time. :3

Para
Jul 2, 2008, 06:53 PM
The official site is awesome... I love how the Batman theme has developed from Batman Begins. I remember the composers were talking about how the Batman theme was incomplete in Batman Begins as a indication Batman wasn't fully developed into his role.

TheOneHero
Jul 2, 2008, 06:57 PM
Indeed, I liked how they did that, a brilliant idea I think too. :3

Have you seen www.gothamcablenews.com ?

*has been following the Dark Knight/Viral Websites since the movie was announced* :wacko:

Wyndham
Jul 2, 2008, 06:58 PM
I'm going with a girl i like on the first day if i can.
we're gonna sneak in stuff from the B&N cafe.

Anduril
Jul 2, 2008, 07:00 PM
I have been to the cinema in months. I doubt I'll be able to watch this until in comes out on DVD, though I know I want to watch it now.

Para
Jul 2, 2008, 07:21 PM
Indeed, I liked how they did that, a brilliant idea I think too. :3

Have you seen www.gothamcablenews.com ?

*has been following the Dark Knight/Viral Websites since the movie was announced* :wacko:

Haha another good watch to pump people up for Dark Knight.

Have you read Wikipedia recently for Dark Knight? Check out the reviews :)

Scrub
Jul 2, 2008, 07:54 PM
I refuse to acknowledge this movie's existence on the premise that the Joker looks fucking stupid.

Seriously.

Anduril
Jul 2, 2008, 08:42 PM
I refuse to acknowledge this movie's existence on the premise that the Joker looks fucking stupid.

Seriously.

Well, they seem to be going for a more realistic take on the characters, for example they said nothing (that I can recall) about the Lazarus Pit in regards to Ra's al Ghul, so it makes sense for the Joker to look like some twisted hobo with a painted face rather than the grim, cartoonish character we have come to know in other incarnations.

Darkly
Jul 2, 2008, 08:56 PM

Seriously.

I dont get your point, if their going for a realistic look, how does he look stupid?

Para
Jul 9, 2008, 09:14 AM
The OST got leaked, if anyone is keen enough to find where the leak is, listen to it. The music is great along with the revamped batman theme.

Para
Jul 17, 2008, 06:43 PM
*bump*

Opening tonight at midnight :D

I booked my tickets for saturday though... invited a group of my friends over for Smash then Movies then Dinner.

Eihwaz
Jul 17, 2008, 07:04 PM
I'd like to go see it tonight at one of the midnight showings, but that's not happening. I'm definitely going to go see it tomorrow night, though. I'm so psyched.

Para
Jul 17, 2008, 07:11 PM
Reviews for it are very nice. Though sometimes I think some of the reviewers are covering too much of Ledger and not enough of the other actors.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 17, 2008, 08:03 PM
Though sometimes I think some of the reviewers are covering too much of Ledger and not enough of the other actors.
When a celebrity dies, they are automatically famous.

Sord
Jul 17, 2008, 08:03 PM
I dont get your point, if their going for a realistic look, how does he look stupid?

Because the joker look just doesn't fit well on real people, also the facial features are a major change from some of the more common incarnation. Usually has a really long face, strong looking pointed chin, and the "make-up" usually appears much more solid. New one is pretty damn round face, blotchy as hell, it just doesn't look like the Joker I've known. That's not to say it will ruin the character, it's just a major change from the normal style that's not liked much by some.

Darkly
Jul 17, 2008, 08:08 PM
I suppose thats where im thinking different, I always thought the older jokers were trying too hard to copy and translate the cartoon to real life, which ended up looking wrong.

On one hand you could say he looks too ordinary but to me he looks like much more of a madman and i find myself being able to take him seriously.

Sord
Jul 17, 2008, 08:12 PM
I suppose thats where im thinking different, I always thought the older jokers were trying too hard to copy and translate the cartoon to real life, which ended up looking wrong.

On one hand you could say he looks too ordinary but to me he looks like much more of a madman and i find myself being able to take him seriously.

he does look more insane, but he also looks more like he's just a mess. The common portrayal of the joker is a rather slick dude, bright smooth suits and such, an insane gentleman. Where as the new one is much darker and scruffy look to him. There's none of the clean sophisticated look about him. The joker is very much a madman, but he's also a freaking genius in certain respects. Really though, it will all come down to the acting. If it's good enough, it could replace the old common image anyways. I also just have a personal preference to cartoons in general versus actors, so I'm rather biased as well.

Turb0
Jul 18, 2008, 01:15 AM
I previewed this on imax thursday morning. I'm personally not really a batman fan, so going into the movie I didn't know a whole lot of the story behind it. Still, I enjoyed it overall. The only kind of downside that I thought was how long it was. While it is action-packed throughout, it got me wondering if it was close to the end a few times. Overall, a good movie though. I recommend seeing it especially if you're a batman fan.

EDIT: IDK if they're showing this at all shows, but lol @ the harry potter "trailer." You'll know what I mean if you go see it.:-P

Weeaboolits
Jul 18, 2008, 02:14 PM
I hadn't planned on seeing it on premier, but my brother needed to borrow money for his ticket so I decided to just go with him.

It was amazing. Also, Joker was awesome.

Ryosuke_Kura
Jul 18, 2008, 08:59 PM
I finished seeing it a few hours ago, I really enjoyed it.

Other than the Joker, Two-Face was REALLY well done.

washuguy
Jul 18, 2008, 10:40 PM
I saw it today, I don't know what was better Iron Man or this movie. I'm leaning towards batman. Anyone looking for a good movie, go see this one, I'm dead serious. This was the best joker EVER... He just didn't give a damn, and he kept everyone in the theater laughing.

washuguy
Jul 18, 2008, 10:42 PM
I hadn't planned on seeing it on premier, but my brother needed to borrow money for his ticket so I decided to just go with him.

It was amazing. Also, Joker was awesome.

Yeah he was, the most sinister I've EVER SEEN...

Eihwaz
Jul 19, 2008, 12:20 AM
I just got back from it, and I thought it was fuckin' awesome. It was rather long, but I wouldn't have made it any shorter.

For anyone concerned about the Joker: Ledger's version blows any previous version out of the water. The psycho punk-rock take on the Joker works a lot better, as it's really hard to take a guy who acts like the older Jokers seriously. That definitely wasn't the case with the Dark Knight.

Lance813
Jul 19, 2008, 05:30 PM
Ledger scared the shit out of me!

Para
Jul 20, 2008, 12:04 AM
Best hero movie ever.