PDA

View Full Version : And so tonight, Death Note has ended.

Shadowpawn
Jul 3, 2008, 10:38 PM
Man that was awesome, I haven't seen a series this good in a long time. The way everything came together at the end was perfect. Although I did feel bad that:

[spoiler-box]Nearly all the main characters are killed towards the end: Like L, Mello, Light's Dad and so forth.[/spoiler-box]

It only made the end that much more powerful. Now where the hell am I going to get my next fix from? >_>

zandra117
Jul 3, 2008, 10:46 PM
It doesnt show on TV untill Saturday

Split
Jul 3, 2008, 10:48 PM
spoil me. what happens to light?

Shadowpawn
Jul 3, 2008, 10:59 PM
It doesnt show on TV untill Saturday

It's on the fix at Adult Swim, they're showing it early.

And Split I can't tell you, you just have to watch.

Toadthroat
Jul 3, 2008, 11:48 PM
spoil me. what happens to light?

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIESSSS

McLaughlin
Jul 4, 2008, 01:24 AM
You jerks are a few episodes ahead of me it appears. ;_;

beatrixkiddo
Jul 4, 2008, 01:52 AM
*has only read the manga* D:

CoV-Shana
Jul 4, 2008, 03:00 AM
Death Note was a great show.

[spoiler-box]I was glad that Light died at the end. He was getting too ridiculous with his whole 'I will change the world' mindset and turned from being a smart kid with a one time chance to destroy evil, to someone who was really out there for himself. All the things he did towards the end was awesome and well thought out but he got too carried away with his power. In the end...his ego caved in on him :)[/spoiler-box]

Mixfortune
Jul 4, 2008, 04:04 AM
*has only read the manga* D:

The anime is pretty much exactly the same.
The live action movies are where it all differs. I'm interested to check them out, since it sounds like it actually does a better job overall. Though, it's probably best to have some Death Note background before watching them. :-?

CoV-Shana
Jul 4, 2008, 04:09 AM
Yeah it would be good to watch the anime first. My friend has both movies and we've watched the first so far. It's decently done but they did make a lot of changes which sort of annoyed us. One for example is that Light has a girlfriend from the start (not Maki) whereas in the anime he doesn't. There are a lot of other little changes too and some different plot line twists, but I'm not going to spoil them, you'll have to watch to find out. ;)

zandra117
Jul 4, 2008, 05:25 AM
The english dub of light's laugh doesnt even come close to the epicness of the japanese version.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=C65oaIHsdYM&feature=related

Sekani
Jul 4, 2008, 09:15 AM
I lost interest after "L" died. Does it really pick up again?

Ranmaru
Jul 4, 2008, 10:18 AM
Hmmm, funnily enough, I have watched the movies first, then the anime. I hope I don't miss today's episode!

AC9breaker
Jul 4, 2008, 10:53 AM

Nope. I got the impression that the writer wrote himself into a rut killing off L. Things where never as interesting. even the ending I felt was weak, for the animu that is. It didn't give any kind of closure and left a few unanswered questions.

CoV-Shana
Jul 4, 2008, 10:54 AM
The writer probably sat there mid-season and thought 'Ah crap, what do I do now?' *creates L knockoffs*

Kylie
Jul 4, 2008, 02:08 PM
So this next one is the conclusion? Killer.

I can guess what happens, but I bet they'll surprise me.

Shattered_weasel
Jul 4, 2008, 02:26 PM
The english dub of light's laugh doesnt even come close to the epicness of the japanese version.

Please tell me your joking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDlaVXdn6MA

It's obvious he was going for the caught psychotic killer in this one. I unfortunately can't find the link where the voice actor talks about pissing off the director because he wanted to sit there and get it as perfect as he could.

Shadowpawn
Jul 4, 2008, 02:31 PM
You got to love the look of the Japanese task force in that episode.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 4, 2008, 02:47 PM
I saw the movies and the entire anime, both in Japanese. I really liked Death Note a whole lot, totally awesome stuff.

CoV-Shana
Jul 4, 2008, 05:01 PM
It's obvious he was going for the caught psychotic killer in this one. I unfortunately can't find the link where the voice actor talks about pissing off the director because he wanted to sit there and get it as perfect as he could.

It's great the actor wanted to do his best in getting the laugh just right and I commend him for that. However, I still like the japanese laugh better but then again I watched the entire series in Jap with subs so I'm probably just bias.

Larian
Jul 5, 2008, 02:40 AM
-=Yawn=-

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 5, 2008, 08:53 AM

Yeah, some of my friends said that once that happened, the story was pretty much over.

Kylie
Jul 6, 2008, 01:27 PM
Watched it. I really wasn't surprised at all. :lol: It would have been nice for them to save one big, last twist for the finale, but it was still a really stunning conclusion to a great series.

washuguy
Jul 6, 2008, 01:33 PM
MINA SHOULD'VE DIED... That little punk... I saw it too, it was pretty sad the way it happened. That Near is a smart SOB. So what happens when he dies? He turn into a Shinagami?

Kylie
Jul 6, 2008, 01:40 PM
MINA SHOULD'VE DIED... That little punk... I saw it too, it was pretty sad the way it happened. That Near is a smart SOB. So what happens when he dies? He turn into a Shinagami?
You mean Misa? She committed suicide. They just didn't show it as much as they hinted to it on the anime, but Wiki says they go into it in the manga. Besides, I liked her! :-P

washuguy
Jul 6, 2008, 01:44 PM
You mean Misa? She committed suicide. They just didn't show it as much as they hinted to it on the anime, but Wiki says they go into it in the manga. Besides, I liked her! :-P

Yeah, thanks for the correction. I always call her Mina... SUICIDE!!!?!?!?!? Now I feel like a jerk... LOL

Ranmaru
Jul 6, 2008, 02:26 PM
It ended for my yesterday as well, lol. I liked the movie better though. ^^

Toadthroat
Jul 6, 2008, 03:47 PM
Yeah, thanks for the correction. I always call her Mina... SUICIDE!!!?!?!?!? Now I feel like a jerk... LOL

During the credits of the final episode, it shows a few seconds of her at the top of a tall building, crying.

I thought the story wasn't as good after L died, but it did pick up a little bit.

Kent
Jul 7, 2008, 01:10 AM
Death Note... It's "meh" at best.

The series starts off really just... morbid to the point of being boring and uninteresting until L comes into the picture. Now, during quite of bit of the time where Ryuzaki and Light were in such close proximity all of the time is where it picked up... But after that entire phase, when it came to an end, it just got too boring and drudging to watch. It went into the lump of sod that a lot of anime goes into after some major turning point in the series. :/

bLOODSAW
Jul 7, 2008, 06:36 AM
I liked the series a lot, but i must say the latter part of the series needed more Ryuk. I find him hilarious for some reason. (A stand up comedian once described him as a "Freeze dried Jamaican drag queen" lol)