PDA

View Full Version : Hard choice between spells

Stryker Diaz
Jul 4, 2008, 09:18 PM
I have 99 PA frags and I worked my ass off for them.

Im an Acrotecher that loves healing others and buffing them.

Im in a dilemma though because even though I heal everyone and buff them I seem to be lacking sufficient attack to really "contribute" to destroying the mobs so I was thinking about getting Megid but at the same time I havent gotten Giresta yet.

Should I get Megid and get it to lvl 30?

or

Should I get Giresta for the greater benefit of my party?

One Hit Blunder
Jul 4, 2008, 09:25 PM
Honestly?

Giresta is a fantastic buff and you'll be greatly appreciated for using it. I'd want someone with Giresta in my party as opposed to Megid any day.

Miyoko
Jul 4, 2008, 09:28 PM
Flip a coin.

...Seriously, it doesn't matter. You'll get 99 more in no time. :p You'd get 99 more PAFs long before you got megid to 30... :P

JC10001
Jul 4, 2008, 09:28 PM
Get giresta if you prefer a support role (which it sounds like you do).

Plus, if you have Giresta, you will be healing less because of the HP regen...which means you will be attacking more (which is something you said you wanted to do).

Its the best of both worlds really.

chaoskila
Jul 4, 2008, 09:29 PM
giresta by far.
megid is crusty get zonde.

Stryker Diaz
Jul 4, 2008, 09:31 PM
hmm..... ya I pride myself on healing really, I put the whole duty on my shoulders and I hate it when someone dies -_-

You wouldn't believe how happy I was when my Resta hit lvl 21, made things so much easier.

To tell you the truth I wouldnt have even given it a secon thought if I hadn't already hear so many stories on how slow Giresta casts. Should I use it for healing or just as a buff? cause the way it sounds it fails when compared to Resta's cast speed.

_Vyser_
Jul 4, 2008, 09:37 PM
31+ resta just plain owns. Don't use giresta as your primary healing tech if you can avoid it. I find giresta doesn't take long at all to cast if you have a har/quick.

JC10001
Jul 4, 2008, 09:37 PM
hmm..... ya I pride myself on healing really, I put the whole duty on my shoulders and I hate it when someone dies -_-

You wouldn't believe how happy I was when my Resta hit lvl 21, made things so much easier.

To tell you the truth I wouldnt have even given it a secon thought if I hadn't already hear so many stories on how slow Giresta casts. Should I use it for healing or just as a buff? cause the way it sounds it fails when compared to Resta's cast speed.

As a buff.

Zach Allen Legit
Jul 4, 2008, 09:38 PM
You won't not use resta anymore if you use giresta, but it does help you from not having to cast it as often. I use it as a buff and it will heal up the small damage so you wont have to keep spamming resta if you're anything like me and like everyone to have full hp at all times.

Giresta is really nice btw.

Stryker Diaz
Jul 4, 2008, 09:39 PM
Giresta casts alot slower than Resta that is a fact, and yes I have har / quick which makes resta unbelievabley fast.

Ill probably get Giresta and stick with it as a buff.... seems inefficient as a healing technique anyway, and its not as flashy at lvl 31 :P

Chuck_Norris
Jul 4, 2008, 11:01 PM
A great part of Giresta, is that it's like a buff. You can level it in a buff party. It levels a lot faster than normal buffs too. Also, I do suggest trying to use it to replace Resta. Stick it with a Madoog along with a Har / Quick, and there's not much of a difference in speed. And if you keep using it to heal others, you'll keep the regen in effect most of the time too.

stukasa
Jul 4, 2008, 11:01 PM
Sounds like you got some good advice already. Get Giresta and use it as a buff. It's not as slow as you think, by the way. :p Definitely one of AT's "must have" frag PAs.

Shou
Jul 4, 2008, 11:42 PM
If you keep casting giresta over and over again, it gets rid of the autoheal build up. So if you arrent lazy or care enough, use giresta as a buff/revival tech and resta for heals.

CoV-Shana
Jul 5, 2008, 02:33 AM
Giresta + Har/Quick + Tech-mag = almost instant healing. Sure it's maybe a fraction slower then resta that way, but it's still pretty fast.

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 5, 2008, 10:13 AM
Giresta = Buff or Revive
Resta = Heal

The only time you should ever use Giresta as a heal is if your party is getting wiped or taking a ton of damage. Giresta costs 70 PP at 31+ while Resta is only 45 so unless you want to waste 25 PP every cast please use Resta to heal and Giresta to buff. Also, Resta heals for more, has a larger casting radius and shorter casting animation. Any AT that uses Giresta as their only healing technic is misinformed. Giresta is never a replacement for Resta.

Sexy_Raine
Jul 5, 2008, 08:43 PM
Giresta = Buff or Revive
Resta = Heal

The only time you should ever use Giresta as a heal is if your party is getting wiped or taking a ton of damage. Giresta costs 70 PP at 31+ while Resta is only 45 so unless you want to waste 25 PP every cast please use Resta to heal and Giresta to buff. Also, Resta heals for more, has a larger casting radius and shorter casting animation. Any AT that uses Giresta as their only healing technic is misinformed. Giresta is never a replacement for Resta.

Only class this matters for this AT. The resta/Giresta strategy is worthless as FT. PP cost isn't a problem as FT either.

Giresta is all you need if your as FT and resta is a waste of a slot. Use the slot for a Rod with offense techs instead.

Ken_Silver
Jul 5, 2008, 10:46 PM
I had the same dilemma except I don't have 99 frags yet and I am a Wartecher.

So what should a Wartecher do? We can only get level 20 buffs but level 30 attack techs.

Also, I don't have the original 4 buffs anymore; I gave them to my AT and I bought Megistar. So does this advice stick as an WT? Or do I need to go down the path of Megid?

thunder-ray
Jul 5, 2008, 11:16 PM
If your a big time support techer then i would go for giresta. If you want a offensive tech then I would get megid. It really depends on what style that you play as a AT. I have a FT but deceided to get giresta first cuz it reveies fallen players and it was really usefull. However I kinda wished that I got megid first since everbody now and days carry scape dolls. I didnt start using gireata untill after I went to a buff party and lvled it to 21. Since then ive been using giresta as my main healing tech when I use my tech mag and wand combo. However I dont use giresta on my rods since its way to slow to cast with it even with a har quick equiped. I think you should get megid since its a useful tech and its quite powerfull once you have it lvled.

BlueFire2k5
Jul 5, 2008, 11:29 PM
Indeed, another person here that votes for Giresta. :P That HP regen that it adds with the buffer is just irreplaceable for my techer now that I finally got the skill. As an added bonus, you don't need to use Moons anymore, either (well... maybe once in a while, still >_>).

[Edit] This was to the OP that requested advice for the AT. I don't know which would be better for a WT.

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 6, 2008, 12:11 AM
Only class this matters for this AT. The resta/Giresta strategy is worthless as FT. PP cost isn't a problem as FT either.

Giresta is all you need if your as FT and resta is a waste of a slot. Use the slot for a Rod with offense techs instead.

First, the OP was asking about which technic to get for his AT so your opinion is not related to this topic as it pretains to a FT. Second, as Giresta acts as a buff anyone using it to heal will overwrite the previous Giresta. What this means is that if a FT uses only Giresta to heal, but an AT is in the party and using it as a buff, the FT will overwrite the AT's buff with a lower level one and also reset the buffer that Giresta provides.

Nothing says fun like partying with a FT that thinks they know it all. Maybe once they give the FTs level 40 support technics you will understand why this is such a big deal. Until then, please avoid giving advice on Giresta as you are using it inappropriately.

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 6, 2008, 06:12 PM
Sounds like someone is taking this a little too personal.

Sure, but then again I do have a problem when players spread misinformation. FTs are a great asset to any party and typically take over the healing role if an AT is not part of the group; but even a FT can learn a little bit from an AT, especially when it comes to buffing and healing.

You even said it yourself that Giresta takes too long to use on a Rod even with a Har/Quick and keep in mind that FTs do not have a passive casting speed bonus for their wands or TCSMs so why use it as your only healing technic? Better yet, why not just switch out Resta when partied with an AT and use Giresta when playing solo or without an AT? Giresta is a fantastic technic and can do a whole heck of a lot more than Resta, but to use Giresta stricly as a healing technic wastes most of its potential for reason I outlined previously.

thunder-ray
Jul 7, 2008, 12:04 AM
I agree with you on that one. Usually when theres a AT in the party I normally use resta in place for giresta since mines is only lvl 21+ while theirs is 31+. I dont like overwriting other ppls giresta since its better then mine thus the reason why i use resta when a AT in the party.

Stryker Diaz
Jul 7, 2008, 12:20 AM
Alright everyone I solved this problem, I just got both lol.

But heres how it goes down people.

I decided to do some testing between FT and AT, so of course I switched to FT with Har / quick and casted, it was alright... nothing too appealing, to tell u the truth I felt like I might as well have Red Force on, that and Giresta even with har / quick worked too slowly for any use as healing during boss battle at Desert Goliath.

I then just plain took off Har / quick and Girest a was useless realy except for the reviving party xD omg that was so great, no longer will I need any moons, but ya to say the least it sucked all my PP out of my casting weapons, so I just ended up using resta instead due to insane reach.

Then I switched back to acro and put my har / quick and of course the casting speed I was accustomed too was a breath of fresh air for me. I casted Giresta and like everyone said it was good speed but it really to me seemed to be..... around Normal acro speed not Acro with har / quick. I then used Resta and well damn it was insane fast, it was easier to heal in a pinch with than with Giresta, but of course Giresta isnt exactly something u want to spam unless u got tons of charges with u....

but ya like one of the guys before had said....

Resta=Heal

Giresta=Buff
(edit)
Megid=pwn :P

btw I cant stand any speed but acro speed, it takes too long for me to use megid >w>

but now I got a new question, should I get Nosmegid? cause it looks cool and really I have a fetish for Darkness element in PSU, ive been like that since PSO.

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 7, 2008, 01:34 AM
Skip Nosmegid; if you want a Nos- line technic get Nosdiga first and Noszonde second. Be warned that all of the Nos- technics keep you in place while you cast and also while they track their targets. As you cannot spam these technics they should only be used in certain situations.

EDIT: Once you have some extra PA Frags feel free to pick up Nosmegid. As thunder-ray stated it does have some uses, but overall Noszonde is better as it tracks its target faster (less time standing still) and can hit up to 3 targets (versus Nosmegid's 2). The HP Chage effect (the lower your HP the higher the damage) from Nosmegid is risky and given that you would be using it on an AT (a healing machine) you probably will not get the most out of this effect.

thunder-ray
Jul 7, 2008, 03:49 AM
Nosmegid is a decent tech that does decent dmg once you lvl it up a bit. At lvl 21 it knocks down 2 mobs at a time which helps if you wana stun enemys. What makes this pa special is it does more dmg when your hp drops, but can be risky to use if your just one hit away from getting killed. Like what hiero said I would go for nosdiga first and noszonde secound.

desturel
Jul 7, 2008, 12:16 PM
but now I got a new question, should I get Nosmegid? cause it looks cool and really I have a fetish for Darkness element in PSU, ive been like that since PSO.

Since you do Desert Goliath, I would say that Nosmegid is a decent spell to pick up. It knocks over the robots (the Tirentos are more important to knock over than the Bolmata or Seekers), but doesn't have a damage penalty like Noszonde would. The main issue is that it's pretty useless until you get to level 21. Noszonde is better overall, but Nosmegid works in those few situations that you are fighting lightning monsters that you want to knock over.

Abashi76
Jul 7, 2008, 02:16 PM
I have 99 PA frags and I worked my ass off for them.

Im an Acrotecher that loves healing others and buffing them.

Im in a dilemma though because even though I heal everyone and buff them I seem to be lacking sufficient attack to really "contribute" to destroying the mobs so I was thinking about getting Megid but at the same time I havent gotten Giresta yet.

Should I get Megid and get it to lvl 30?

or

Should I get Giresta for the greater benefit of my party?

If your an AT, you should get Giresta. You can level it higher than you can level Megid. Megid would be more useful for FTs (also CASTs), as they can lvl it to 40.

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 7, 2008, 05:18 PM
If your an AT, you should get Giresta. You can level it higher than you can level Megid. Megid would be more useful for FTs (also CASTs), as they can lvl it to 40.

The OP already let us know that he got both technics about 14 hours before you posted your reply. Please read the entire thread before posting as you did not read the update from the OP.

Magical Trevor
Jul 7, 2008, 07:25 PM
Please, whatever, I'll play my own my way. Don't tell me how to play a damn force. Your know-it-all attitude is annoying, so please shut up. No one cares fr your damn strategies.

amen to that!

PS: and to be a total douche... you forgot that nosmegid has some ridiculous range, not that it really matters to me. i just spam whatever is opposite xD. The key to playing an FT/AT is to play the way you are most comfortable in my opinion, sega was nice enough to make the techs very different from each other range and execution-wise.

btw. as an at my techs are nursing/debuff.... but not everyone wants to play that way.

Sexy_Raine
Jul 7, 2008, 07:40 PM
amen to that!

PS: and to be a total douche... you forgot that nosmegid has some ridiculous range, not that it really matters to me. i just spam whatever is opposite xD. The key to playing an FT/AT is to play the way you are most comfortable in my opinion, sega was nice enough to make the techs very different from each other range and execution-wise.

btw. as an at my techs are nursing/debuff.... but not everyone wants to play that way.

Slots are limited, you can only fit what is needed and nothing more. I'm not gonna get mad
if someone doesn't use reverser, Sol Atomizers are so damn easy to come by anyway. If someone wants to use Jellens/Zalure, then let them. Use what you need, simple as that.

Stryker Diaz
Jul 8, 2008, 12:53 AM
idk people say megid is for FT but to me I believe is actually even better on AT.

har / quick + Megid= some crazy OHKO frenzy

It levels pretty fast now too.... idk it doesnt do even half as much as FT when it comes to hit damage but kill rate is actually higher due to the amount of times I can fire.

Giresta is great, but lol I die more than all of my friends cause I get OHKO by bosses most of the time -_- but! good news is that my friends never die cause of me :3