PDA

View Full Version : Good weapons for WT?

Sega011
Jul 5, 2008, 08:21 AM
Which of the A-Ranks should I level as well as knuckles/claws/daggers?

Magus_84
Jul 5, 2008, 08:45 AM
Spear with Majarra.

Dragwind
Jul 5, 2008, 12:49 PM
Sega011, perhaps you should try looking at the sticky here in this forum at the top of Gameplay, Guides & Walkthroughs, here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93419)

If you scroll down to jobs/classes, you will see a few Wartecher guides that you could get some information from.

This is just my personal preference-

-Spear with Majarra

-Whip with either PA, I prefer Vivi Danga

-Knuckles with Ikk Hikk and/or Bogga Zubba + Bogga Robado

-Twin Daggers with all of the PA's

-Single Dagger with all o the PA's

-Twin Claws with Renzan

-Sword with Gravity Break

-Cards/Throwing blades with at least two elemental bullets.

-Bow with Chousei-sou

-Twin Sabers with Assault Crush

I don't like using the A ranks too much besides spear and whip. I like to pinch for the higher ata on the S rank weapons, so yeah. Personal preference.

Sega011
Jul 5, 2008, 08:50 PM
Thank you for your response. I've read through most of them but I still have other questions...

1.) I use buffs, but as far as debuffs go, should I always use them against things when fighting?
2.) I have a Cast and a Beast right now. Are either of them better for WT? Or should I make a human for balance?

The guides don't really have any decisive information and between themselves contradict each other at some points...

Touka
Jul 5, 2008, 10:36 PM
You don't always have to use debuffs but it helps for stuff that are tough/melee resistant.WT is quite sturdy so debuffing is a nice option.

I have a beast WT and she does well,you might want to use a human for optimal performance but beast isn't so bad(I can't vouch for cast).

Ken_Silver
Jul 5, 2008, 10:40 PM
Thank you for your response. I've read through most of them but I still have other questions...

1.) I use buffs, but as far as debuffs go, should I always use them against things when fighting?
2.) I have a Cast and a Beast right now. Are either of them better for WT? Or should I make a human for balance?

The guides don't really have any decisive information and between themselves contradict each other at some points...

I play as a WT religiously, so I'll offer some advice.

1) I used to buffs too, but at level 20 max, you can either keep them if you do a lot of party work or buy Megistar at 25 PA frags. Megistar is 4 for 1 at the cost of temporary HP drainage. Works well if your tight for space on your palette (like I am.) Debuffs are very good for WT in my opinion. I use them too. Using them along with Buffs gives you those lv 3 and 4 buffs that you can't get by class restriction. So I'd level them up too (more so than the actual buffs.) Besides, not to many people debuff in PSU, so you'll stand out a little, if that gets your attention.

2) Well, if you are using suport techs and not attack techs, both classes could handle WT, but I'd say Beast over Cast by a pretty good margin. Beast Tech power is not as bad as it seems and they will get access to the Tech weapons a lot faster than a CAST would. Plus if you decide to ever use attack techs, you'll do "damage." Both races can level up and make use of the support techs, but I'm not sure if Casts have gimped resta. If they do, that's your biggest weakness. The strength of any Beast or Cast WT is that you'll outdamage any Newman or Human who has that job.

Dragwind
Jul 6, 2008, 01:42 AM
1. Buffs = yes. If you don't like to use all of them, megistar is an option, but I wouldn't rely on it come the WT update which will allow for 30 support.

2. CAST and Beast WT's can do fine especially support wise, but I prefer human and newman for the higher tp since I actually do use choice attack techs.

Humans and newmans get the WT bonus. That makes the atp+dfp+hp+ata advantage of a CAST over human almost nothing.

mll
Jul 6, 2008, 09:04 AM
I always found Megistar more of a liability than a help, I basically shoved all my support techs on to one pallette space - Shifta, Zodial and Resta are always on and I swap Reverser and Retier depending on which I need more (I have Retarides and Antimates on my item pallette too).
I like twin sabers a lot the DB swords are as good as any of the s-ranks, and if your looking for an alternative to majarra cross hurricane actually does more damage, much more prone to interruptions though. Assault Crush is still our strongest single target pa so you should get that too.
Whips are highly recommended and I like the single claws a lot - Bukuu and Senten are both great although Senten's accuracy isn't great (70%)
Can't remember who recommended Gravity Break but I've always found its ATA problematic as are any other pa's with low accuracy mods (WT doesn't have enough base accuracy to really make them work)
Beast is better than Cast for WT - more melee damage and higher tp. Its just a better all round choice and Beast is the best WT available (Human is just as good maybe slightly worse).
Then again playing as a Cast you could probably make a lot more use of Gravity Break and Senten Kanzan-ga both of which are great pa's in the right hands.
As for debuffs - skip zalure its a waste of space. Jellen is useful against large buffed mobs or anything thats messing up you and your party, if your going to get a debuff get this. Zoldeel has its moments in Hive missions but it isn't hugely useful or necessary unless your underleveled for the mission your running (is it possible to be underleveled anymore?). Overall they're worth carrying around mainly because no one else does.

Abashi76
Jul 7, 2008, 06:04 PM
Its a good idea to have all the support techs, to heal and power yourself and your allies. As for weapons, whips work really well. Also, if your using single handed weapons, its not a bad idea to pair them with RCSMs.