PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Spy? Enlighten me.

Dabra
Jan 26, 2003, 10:00 PM
I saw his name, and looks like he's banned. Bummer. What happened?

I saw somewhere on some img hosting topic that lolita (or saladwood) said that he had 3 warnings a couple days ago, and 2 more recently.

What drove him away? What I mean is, what are the posts that made him banned?

Sorry if these are personal issues, just that he was a well-known person and my curiosity is just human.

pixelate
Jan 26, 2003, 10:06 PM
Site related topic.

I was gone most of the day, and when I came back, he was banned for recieving a fifth warning after spamming.

eRUPT
Jan 26, 2003, 10:10 PM
Spy has been a bother to the site in a whole, directly against us.

Lets see.

We've had the most complaints about harrassment, flaiming, flamebaiting about him then any other user, which has existed for QUITE some time now.

He continually spams as he feels inclined to. Ignores warnings from mods. Personnally attacks mods. Personal attacks against other site users.

Contests. He was caught trying to ruin the first contest held by pretending to be the winner and thus telling people to quit trying cause its over. He was caught actually provoking methods of cheating our rappy hunter contest on his boards which led him to be banned from that contest and future contests.

He's broken chat log rules which led to his sig privledges being revoked.

He continues to test every rule in the forum, and has been given more chances then anyone should ever have.

These are just a FEW of the things that led to his being banned. If you have questions about this PM me directly. This shall be the first and last thread concerning this topic. I concider the matter CLOSED.

LollipopLolita
Jan 26, 2003, 10:25 PM
just to add

the first warning was for repeatedly flaming and flamebaiting. the second warning was for a highly gay derogatory remark. the third for a rampant flaming incident. and these three have been around for a long time, the fourth and fifth have been for spamming. he was warned unofficialy in threads and pms numerous times, all of which he ignored.

we have dates and logs of every warning and the reason why, not just for spy, but for every user in this site that has a warning.

also, spy had made highly offensive 9/11 remarks, numerous flaming, flamebaiting, namecalling, and jabs and there were numerous rampant spamming incidents and lowball needless site bashing. spy was very open about having a problem with the staff and the site. and spy was very open with being a troublemaker and how he liked to purporsely instigate an incident. he tried messing the psow find me contest and he tried cheating at the find the rappy contest.

we have received multiple complaints about spy's behavior on the site from many different users. and we decided that it wouldn't be fair to let someone stay with 5 warnings when other users would be banned at 3. we did try to resolve this situation like i mentioned in the image thread, we went directly to him to try to work things out but he never replied.

so no it wasn't personal, and yes we do have a system to log trouble spots so watch out. we have a site to run, and for many people, not just to cater to one person.

this goes back on lock