PDA

View Full Version : The greatest upcoming movie of the year!

Saner
Jul 5, 2008, 07:50 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/ShaolinMilk/dragonballposterexpo.jpg

so um, which one's Bulma, and which one is Chi Chi? Hmmmm. I'm guess the one with the
gun is Lunch/Launch? :p

NPCMook
Jul 5, 2008, 07:52 PM
Sadly this will be a very VERY poor live action movie, probably worse than an Uwe Boll movie

TheOneHero
Jul 5, 2008, 07:54 PM
This got pushed back to April of next year, last I heard. (I was surprised this wasn't a Dark Knight thread)

Saner
Jul 5, 2008, 07:58 PM
it got pushed back? oh well lol. :lol:

TheOneHero
Jul 5, 2008, 08:00 PM
Yeah, something about competing against the studios other stuff, Tropic Thunder and the Star Wars TV Show. (Which, is released in theatres first before going to TV)

Sord
Jul 5, 2008, 09:45 PM
hmm, yeah, just the actors alone that they picked makes it look like shit

NPCMook
Jul 5, 2008, 10:01 PM
Its Understandable that Goku looks different from the rest, but it seems they forgot that Dragon Ball was during the Time period where they were Children

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 5, 2008, 10:08 PM
Its Understandable that Goku looks different from the rest, but it seems they forgot that Dragon Ball was during the Time period where they were Children

Same characters, similar plot, different story. You should never expect a damned thing to be consistent when going from one medium to another. Ever.

Saner
Jul 5, 2008, 10:31 PM
I guess the director doesn't have the patience to direct a child Goku actor. :p

besides, I think the movie wants to have a more balanced fight between Goku and Piccolo. so
it would make more sense if they both are adults.

what is scary is that what are they going to do with the wonderful world/terrain? is it gonna
take place in some ghetto city just like the Super Mario Bros Movie? :p

Shattered_weasel
Jul 5, 2008, 11:11 PM
Why are people thinking about this movie like Dragon Ball had some great storyline. I thought most people watched Dragon Ball for the fights. Thats probably what I will do with this movie knowing that Stephen Chow is some where near this.

zandra117
Jul 5, 2008, 11:35 PM
This movie is about the end of dragonball right before DBZ where Goku fights Piccolo in a tournament and Piccolo is a demon. If you actually watched dragonball you would have seen that Goku is not a kid during that time.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kBz1kjKqr-s

washuguy
Jul 6, 2008, 01:18 PM
Same characters, similar plot, different story. You should never expect a damned thing to be consistent when going from one medium to another. Ever.

Exactly... I saw someone say one of two things will happen: It will follow the story and suck, or not follow the story and be an ok movie. Whatever, at least the girls are pretty :) Gives me something to look at every now and again.