PDA

View Full Version : My character just got corrupted :(

the_af
Jan 26, 2003, 10:54 PM
My character just got deleted. If one of you has a fairly decent weapon that i could have, i would appreciate it greatly.(nothing uber rare or fancy, just so i don't have to have lost EVERYTHING) I only say this because i think most, or atleast some of you have had this happen to you before.

You can find me on antares 8, for atleast another week. My character never messed up once until i got online, and i don't plan on paying after the free month i got for being new is up.

hucasts_rock
Jan 26, 2003, 10:59 PM
sorry about that...I got corrupted 4 times...it's really tough to start over...I feel your pain http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jan 26, 2003, 11:01 PM
I'd give you items, but we'd both end up getting corrupted anyways ;3

hucasts_rock
Jan 26, 2003, 11:04 PM
THIS IS NOT WORTH $9 A MONTH! ALL THE HARD WORK...GONE!...sorry, I was overreacting again http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif...but seriously, I'd rather have a game full of dupers, than starting over at level 1 every single dang day of my life!

Sircharlie
Jan 26, 2003, 11:10 PM
mine just got corrupted as well. i had too many duped items, i don't mind starting over, its just that im only gonig to use items from my section id from now on

hucasts_rock
Jan 26, 2003, 11:13 PM
I dunno if it's about duped items...my last 2 corruptions had COMPLETELY legit characters...it's all about getting FSOD while it's saving...

Starseed
I lost a lvl 143 humar. I am angry!!! It is pure incompetence for Sega/SOnicteam. I have invested close to 400 hrs between 3 characters and have lost it all. I agree, $9.00 a month for file corruption and starting over is total BS!!!

Eden
Jesus...I am for sure not going online now...

the_af
Jan 26, 2003, 11:24 PM
The very, very easy fix for this is to cancel your account, stop playing, and write an email to sega detailing why you stopped playing, and canceled your account. These message boards are filled with posts like this, and i don't think i'd be wrong to say that a good portion of it is nothing but talk. For me, i won't get online again. I won't pay them one cent. For you, do whatever you want, but a company, *any* company, responds most rapidly, and most decisively, to a severe cut in their profit.

Vantamiath
Jan 26, 2003, 11:50 PM
Is everyone who's getting corrupted getting d/ced when the game's saving?

Blue147
Jan 26, 2003, 11:53 PM
thes topics are get realy stupid now.lol

Cloud_01
Jan 26, 2003, 11:59 PM
On 2003-01-26 20:13, Starseed wrote:
I lost a lvl 143 humar. I am angry!!! It is pure incompetence for Sega/SOnicteam. I have invested close to 400 hrs between 3 characters and have lost it all. I agree, $9.00 a month for file corruption and starting over is total BS!!!

Whoa, that must really suck! Losing a character at that high of a level. I don't think I would have the drive to play PSO anymore if I lost a character at that level.

Guntz348
Jan 27, 2003, 03:05 AM
If you cancel your HL then they fix it and you reopen it you can still use your character that the HL in the first place right? I know I did that on DC but want to make sure since if you cant use them online then we're screwed either way.

Mute
Jan 27, 2003, 10:01 AM
I mentioned in an earlier post that this so-called mass corruption could be a rumor spread by angered dupers, yada yada yada...

Anyhow, if you truly enjoy this game, then continue to play it. If you've felt more grief than enjoyment from PSO then maybe you should move on.
(Here's a nice thread that talks about PSO enjoyment from a style of play standpoint:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=39309&forum=1&29)

Tigger
Jan 27, 2003, 11:14 AM
On 2003-01-27 07:01, Mute wrote:
I mentioned in an earlier post that this so-called mass corruption could be a rumor spread by angered dupers, yada yada yada...

It's not a rumor started by dupers. I got on last night and one of the most legitamate people I know had his character corrupted. Made me scared to go into anymore games.

Mute
Jan 27, 2003, 11:19 AM
Well, 2X's words really seem to convince me. I'm usually not the type to just up and believe every word that is posted on a forum. In any case read his situation as well, offer him some amends maybe http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=39658&forum=1&30

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mute on 2003-01-27 08:19 ]</font>

Kiah
Jan 27, 2003, 12:13 PM
I lost a level 72 character because of save problems. My gamecube locked up inexplicably when I entered a room and it was saving. It literally froze, like your computer might, showing a freeze frame of the Hunter's Guild and making an odd buzzing noise. I dunno...has this happened to anyone else? Mine's done it about 3 or 4 times and every time I've lost all of my unequipped items but never all of my characters. I had to shut if off when it was frozen because there was nothing else to do. My stupid reset button wouldn't work (which normally saves the game). I'm wondering if its even worth it to start playing again. 130 hours of play all gone in 2 minutes. I seriously enjoy playing the game, I don't think of it as WORK...It doesn't make sense...I mean if you think it's WORK to raise a new character then you shouldn't be playing in the first place, its not a game anymore. It's just annoying because I had finally start to get to cool levels and get good techs and weapons, etc. It's ludricous. There should be some sort of backup save file right? Doesn't that just make sense? *sigh*

SandTrap137
Jan 27, 2003, 12:45 PM
My brother got FSOD'ed on Sunday. It happened after in a game as he was trying to disconnect from the network. He didn't have his card corrupted, but he did lose every single item in the bank. And since we share one GC, there is no way I'm getting online anytime soon. Just to think that if it was my turn to play instead of him... *shudder*

Raist
Jan 27, 2003, 12:47 PM
On 2003-01-27 09:13, Kiah wrote:
It's ludricous. There should be some sort of backup save file right? Doesn't that just make sense? *sigh*

ST couldn't do it because people would abuse it to dupe.

Chrono1290
Jan 28, 2003, 06:39 PM
Same thing just happened to me 30 minutes ago, http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif i really wouldn't mind a backup save if this is whats gonna happen to combact duping. After all, playing with cheaters is better than starting over every week.

Auracom
Jan 28, 2003, 08:54 PM
Solution to losing high level characters.
Get two Memory cards

Use you high level character on one card and find/store all you rares here.

Use the second memory to play online.

Thats what i'm gonna do. Maybe that way I won't lose all my hard work.