PDA

View Full Version : To trade or not to trade...?

The_Neon_Samurai
Mar 1, 2001, 02:08 PM
I only started trading a few days back and I was growing quite fond of it since you just often find cool stuff that you can't do jack with 'cause it's not for your class and also can run through the ruins on V-hard for 200h without ever finding what you want. However a lot of the things, mainly duping, that have been coming up lately, like, really bother me. The thought of trading my hard earned items with some lamer who just cloned 'em just makes me sick, especially because such at a trade, at the end of the day, makes you a lamer as well since you then end up with a duped item. And there's no way to know whether you're dealing with a legid guy or someone who just duped stuff. It's scary really. I really like trading but like this I might give it up completely, this sucks. I really wonder how all those guys in the trade forum got these, like, REALLY, extensive lists of super rare stuff. No, don't get me wrong I certainly don't wanna accuse you all of duping but with so many people complaining about never finding good stuff I wonder how you do it? And where do you keep all the stuff anyway?

While I'm at it, What do the Devil/xxx slot items do?

Uh yeah, what is that green white icon above the disc, next to the yin-yan and globe supposed to be anyway?

Elrathan
Mar 1, 2001, 02:13 PM
A very good question you just asked The_Neon_Samurai. Where do all you super rae item having cool guys get stuff, and more importantly, how many hours do you have logged?

Ambrai
Mar 1, 2001, 06:07 PM
Everyone talks about duping but I havent seen a proven method to do this.

Does anyone know of a proven way to dupe? And if so for the love of god DO NOT POST IT. I just want to know if its verified.

Mistkerl_Zwo
Mar 1, 2001, 06:38 PM
If you know how to back up your character via email, then you should have no problem determining a way to dupe items. Just think, and it will become clear...

: )

but yes, duping can easily happen...

Ender
Mar 1, 2001, 09:35 PM
Mistkerl_Zwo you are truly a moron...

The only way for people to have gotten such extensive lists of those rare items is through duping. period. Not through ingenious trading schemes, although some thieves have gotten all their rares through stealing which is far worse than cheating. It's actually a freakin crime. Taking one's property without permission and with the intent to deprive that one of his/her property.

Look at the Japanese people who have played countless 100s of hours and most do not have jack shit. Also look at the # of people saying "I will trade for this item only, I have everything else." no duh... Things like double sabers, twin brands, orotiagito, are now treated almost as common items. Holy Ray is getting there. Egg blaster will join holy ray soon and so on...

Glider
Mar 1, 2001, 11:24 PM
It is possible to dupe. I know people who have told me they have done it, and have tons of items. I don't like the idea of duping, or plan on duping, but right now, the only thing stopping it from getting out of hand is the fact that many people don't know how to do it right. I've heard everything from pulling out your vmu when it is saving to just turning off your dreamcast. Best idea is to not bother with it or you might screw up your game.

Mistkerl_Zwo
Mar 1, 2001, 11:42 PM
Ender,

Who is truly the moron, the idiot who makes a flame post without reading?

did you not see what i wrote, that duping was easily possible if you just thought about it?

Then again, if you can't read, you can't think either, so I am sorry to make that assumption

<pre>
<FONT face=Fixedsys>

/
|_/|
|---|
| |
| |
_ |=-=| _
_ / | |/
/ | | | ||
| | | | | >
| | | | |
| - - - - |) )
| /
/
/
/
/
| |

</FONT>
</pre>

L0RDTemplar
Mar 1, 2001, 11:48 PM
Well, my only advice is to play with people you trust. Duping can happen easily, but only you can take away your self-dignity.

Isamu64
Mar 2, 2001, 12:49 AM
I'm ready to give up on trading myself. I swear I have the worst luck. EVERY trade that I have attmpted has ended with me getting ripped off or I simply don't have anything they want. The thing that bothers me is that I can't find anything that anybody wants. I ask to trade and tell them what I have, and they basically tell me that all my stuff is junk. It really pisses me off. Duping is bad, but there really isn't anyway to tell if you're getting a duped item.

rekonstruct
Mar 2, 2001, 04:31 AM
Hey Ender.. I think your right with regard to the trade lists... Anyone willing to trade some of those super rares away must have an extra lying around somewhere.. probably duped.

This brings up 2 things.

1) If you arent a duper yourself, and you trade for a duped item, then you are actually losing out on the deal. Think about it. Your giving up something that you worked for, and supposedly your trading for something someone else worked for.. but they will still get to keep it. Its win-win for the duper. And you lose out on your item. Now I know some will say that as long as I get the Item I wanted.... blah blah.. but it still basically a win-win for the duper. He gets the item he wants without actually giving anything up.

2) The duper then gets another item that will be cloned and spread around. Which is bad for legit trading becuase then if someone has something you want, they probably have everything already.. so it ruins the trading economy. Unless they arent a duper.

How many Holy Rays has anyone found? Or Spread Needles? Chaos Bringers? Whenever I see a trade list with these items, Im thinking if I found 1, i certainly wouldnt trade it away. Unless I had 2 of them. And some people are willing to trade multiple super rares for things like Egg Blasters (still havent seen one yet..) Im mean its insane that someone would give up so many items on a whim.. and like Ender said, they usually are looking for the one item they dont have to complete there collection of duped items, and they are willing to trade away their other rares? Wht would happen to there collection then? It would go down.. To quote John Stossel: "Give me a break!"

Jaiden
Mar 2, 2001, 04:46 AM
Yes, it is possible to dup. Out of curiosity (because knowing something is better than "what if...") I duped 999,999 meseta and it worked flawlessly.

I felt guilty about taking it so I just left it on the ground and QUIT.

Ender
Mar 2, 2001, 01:22 PM
I have read your message, Mistkerl_Zwo, and you have basically given a blue print of duping. Now who is the idiot? better yet, why dont u post a faq on it...(althought someone already has)... Sorry to ruffle your feathers, but you really need to think before you write... and your little picture there does not impress me.