PDA

View Full Version : Hmm I havent had any problems

abrader
Jan 26, 2003, 11:30 PM
I have been playing all day and havent had any problems....

I wonder what the real nature of the corrupt data files is.....

Eden
Jan 26, 2003, 11:35 PM
you just jinxed it. get offline now while you still have the chance

Raist
Jan 26, 2003, 11:42 PM
It's not like its horribly common to get your character corrupted, you just hear about it so much cause people dont usually post when their character doesn't get corrupted, only when it does http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. Yeah and ya best knock on some wood real quick http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

RagMasterRappy
Jan 26, 2003, 11:47 PM
Playing online is fun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ZethXX
Jan 26, 2003, 11:49 PM
Is the corruption rate always this bad, or is it happening more than often due to the double saving feature now?

abrader
Jan 26, 2003, 11:50 PM
Bah its just a game....

If my file gets corrupted, i might not renew...but im not gonna die or anything.

That depends on how bad I still wanna play when and if I get corrupted.

Sad part is, Iv never played/seen ultimate.

I quit playing DC V2 when the NOLing began, this might be what gets me to quit GC EP 1 and 2..

There will always be more PSO games in the future....

Heh I wont play a game like PSO on the PC.

abrader
Jan 27, 2003, 08:16 AM
Found this on the GameFAQS board....

I was for the last 2 hours testing out if theres no more FSOD-x? I used a 59 memory card with nothing on it. I just create game and leave to lobby, over and over. I also got some people to Burst just as it saves on the second save. Still no corruption. I created lag with phone line while going in. Funny now there is no more view of the city. You pop right into hunters guild lag or no lag. And second save happens when theres a firm connection again. I also kept the phone off the hook to make me dissconnect. There was no second save and went to the saving screen. Still works. Unless i missed something or if just lucky that its still there i think you cant get it anymore. HURRAY. But i want input. If anyone got FSOD-x after 12am Monday (pst) write it here. Maybe its safe again.

rena-ko
Jan 27, 2003, 08:53 AM
i give them exactly 39 days to fix it definitely, starting today ^-^

Riel
Jan 27, 2003, 09:02 AM
I just played for 2 hours this morning and didn't have any problems as well.Someone even joined the game,will i was in my second save just after entering the game and nothing happened....i agree that the second save is one more chance of getting an error while it's saving but that can happen at any time...if there's a power failure when you are saving for example,it doesn't matter if its on the new second save or if someone is giving you their Guild card in the lobby,you might get corrupted....

I'm not saying they tweaked it while the servers where down because of the Worm,i'm just saying the slight increase this new patch can cause in damaging your memory card is rather slim.

Anyway,i'll keep on playing with my guys and if it happens i'll either quit,wait for the XBox version or start over....besides chatting in the lobby,what's the use of making some new guys on a different memory card?..what happens when that new guy reaches level 50,60,70?..you're going to stop entering games and start over again?

RagMasterRappy
Jan 27, 2003, 09:34 AM
I've played all weekend and had no problems. The majority of people who complain of file corruptions are the same people who continually complain about the game freezing. Is there a connection?

Nils
Jan 27, 2003, 09:38 AM
I got FSODed last night, twice. Lost all my unequipped stuff. I'm afrid to get on. I'm going to make a new char on another card and try it.

Buuyon
Jan 27, 2003, 09:42 AM
Here is the answer how not to loose rares to FSOD...PUT THEM IN THE BANK!!!

abrader
Jan 27, 2003, 09:44 AM
im gonna do some heavy testing tonight on all ships....

Make a lvl-1 character on a different card, logon, and join/exit teams several hundred times.....

If I dont get corrupted, i wish you scardey cats would get back online.

Hunter4life
Jan 27, 2003, 04:42 PM
whew, im glad you guys are saying this because i was starting to get freaked out i would be erased the first time i got on. (Oh and a tip to save rares when corrupted, save them on another character on another memory card. That way when someone wants to trade with you, quick log off, transfer the items offline and get back on. sure it takes 5 minutes but its almost fool-proofly safe.

abrader
Jan 27, 2003, 05:35 PM
On 2003-01-27 13:42, Hunter4life wrote:
whew, im glad you guys are saying this because i was starting to get freaked out i would be erased the first time i got on. (Oh and a tip to save rares when corrupted, save them on another character on another memory card. That way when someone wants to trade with you, quick log off, transfer the items offline and get back on. sure it takes 5 minutes but its almost fool-proofly safe.

Ummm I think if it was as bad as some people were making it sound, Sonic Team would have the servers shut down for indifinate maintinance.

I pitty the people that are afraid to play because of this. Stop eating LSD ;>

Elixer
Jan 27, 2003, 05:38 PM
i havent had any problems yet but just to be safe ill lvl my ramarl of fonewm until its fixed for sure