PDA

View Full Version : Xbox De Rol Le Ult Help

pso_josh
Jul 8, 2008, 05:28 AM
I can't beat this guy so I need suggestions on maybe a different weapon or character improvements.

Level 88 RAcast (89***)
Pinkal
649 HP
Justy 23ST +15 with 5% A-Beast
Attribute Plate with God/HP, Ogre/Power++, God/Ability, Metal/Body
Ultimate Shield
Marica is level 200 with Power at 147 (i did mostly power on her)

I have to play offline because I'm on xbox so I can't do any online quests to level up. Thanks for the help and if I beat him =D

Also, I know he has a new name on ultimate but I can never remember it. -_-

later: WOOO! I am working my way to de rol le and I got a rare drop from a Nano Dragon in room 1 of Caves 2! Guilty Light with 20% ABEAST! I'm grinded it up to +14, I think +15 is max.

later later: Wow, lucky run. I got a Storm Wand: Indra from a box but this is a regular rare find for me. 2 in one run is amazing though. Also got def mat x2 and power mat + grinders to get my new weapon to +16. Going after the boss wish me luck. I leveled to 89 on my way to the boss so hopefully that helps.

fail: No, I died after a long battle. I kept thinking the next shot would kill him but he does not die.

Jaspaller
Jul 8, 2008, 09:23 AM
You have some decent equips there. You might want to try to improve your weapon list though if all you're using is a Justy.

If you have the Mylla/Youlla PB (Shifta/Deband), then make sure you're at max before you get to the boss. Make sure your sync and IQ are at max. Also get some good Mechguns if you can with hit %. A nice shot type weapon would probably help too.

And of course, if all else fails... level up more

pso_josh
Jul 8, 2008, 10:11 AM
If you have the Mylla/Youlla PB (Shifta/Deband), then make sure you're at max before you get to the boss.
And of course, if all else fails... level up more
I do have M/Y PB! I think if I run caves again and try to grind my guilty to max and enter boss fight with PB guage full I stand an okay chance. I have to heal after every attack though which is annoying, I can only take 30 hits (star atom, trimate, dimate x 10).
Guilty Light hits for slightly less damage than Justy but I can aim it for a splash damage of 3-5 areas on de rol le so it's much better.

My mag has full IQ and sync. Thanks, I probably wont update for a bit because I already quit caves and don't feel like going back already. Additional tips are welcome anyway

Jaspaller
Jul 8, 2008, 10:47 AM
You can always set a pipe before the boss, drop all your healing items, die on purpose, restock and then go at it again so you have more healing consumables to fight the boss with.

AlexCraig
Jul 8, 2008, 11:57 AM
I always leave a pipe in front of the boss transporter, so that just in case I die I have a way to get back right there.

Of course, my first advive is to level up until you find things are getting easier.

Find other useful and helpful weapons, and make sure you grind them to their max (or at least pretty close to it).

If all else fails, offer half your meseta or more to the PSO gods. :wacko:

Freeze
Jul 8, 2008, 03:00 PM
This is one of the hardest bosses in the game and he takes forever to die. Leveling up some more is needed. Also if you can get your hands on a good shot that will help with his multiple hit spots. Corners are your friend and a high mechgun does wonders for the spikes he throws at you. Unfortunately you've got a Pinkal which has horible drops for a ranger, believe me I know.

TsukasaDCX
Jul 8, 2008, 03:52 PM
Surprised nobody said this
but its
De Rol Lie
just a one letter dif.

Freeze
Jul 8, 2008, 03:57 PM
Actually it's Dal Ra Lie, I believe.

TsukasaDCX
Jul 8, 2008, 06:10 PM
I have been corrected
Thank you

Freeze
Jul 8, 2008, 06:14 PM
No problem, you'd do the same for me.

TsukasaDCX
Jul 8, 2008, 06:56 PM
And indeed I will
Its just Da Ra Lie
Just looked it up

Freeze
Jul 8, 2008, 07:27 PM
Just checked out a youtube video by our own DCplayer and the game clearly shows the name Dal Ra Lie.

Rayokarna
Jul 8, 2008, 07:28 PM
Photon Launchers > De Rol.

I took him down with a Red Scorpio.

Use mechguns or a double saber for the mines. And just hope her dies before you do.

TsukasaDCX
Jul 8, 2008, 08:51 PM
Just checked out a youtube video by our own DCplayer and the game clearly shows the name Dal Ra Lie.

Well then the PSOW is wrong

Freeze
Jul 9, 2008, 12:02 AM
Well then the PSOW is wrong

It would not be the first time.

Saffran
Jul 9, 2008, 01:44 AM
And to get back to the subject of defeating the boss, the first thing to do is to get hit less often.
So I would suggest learning how to attack and still be able to avoid the tentacles first.
Second, learn how to avoid it's energy balls (standing in the leftmost/rightmost corner will do the trick most times, but not always).
Then for his spit, there is a trick I have not dared to confirm, but if you avoid the first, you will be hit by the second one and be knocked on the ground. Now don't touch the controller at all! If you let your character get up and stand still, the game won't consider you as "targettable" and all subsequent spit shots will pass you through without hitting you.
I can confirm this against Online Dal Ra Ri because that's the method I use to solo TTF, but I don't know if it works offline. It may also be a "PSOBB-only feature".

Edit: took a movie to prove it, but apparently I was mistaken (or maybe they fixed it). The first time around, you avoid attack 3, 4 and 5. The second time around, Dal Ra Ri will hit on the second and sixth spit attack. So basically, instead of getting hit possibly 5 times, you get hit 3 times. It's an improvement nonetheless, I suppose.

Mark87
Jul 12, 2008, 08:17 PM
Nothing screens victory like Scape Dolls!!! If you can try to get a Justy with better %'s

xXChaosXx
Jul 26, 2008, 04:52 PM
Nothing screens victory like Scape Dolls!!! If you can try to get a Justy with better %'s

Indeed, I agree with Mark87, if you keep dying, you should carry ALOT of scape dolls, maybe 10 or so should do...I absolutely have not tried using a Racast, so I don't know where your base damage would be, neither your defence >.<, I've just recently beat it with my level 62 Hunewearl, with "nearly" the same equips you have, just without the God equips =3

3---Hit---U
Jul 27, 2008, 02:59 PM
@ All the posts saying "lawn chairs are teh winnars"

YOU FAIL.

Try partisians when he is on the raft, stand in the lower corner, and chop at him.

Heal after every hit, and repeat.

When he's floating on the side, swap to a launcher and shoot :)

Finally beat it on my HuCaseal at level 100 :x

~Joey