PDA

View Full Version : Online Adapter

Rebel3000
Jul 8, 2008, 01:10 PM
Where might I find a online adapter for my GC?

AlexCraig
Jul 8, 2008, 01:19 PM
Ebay, yahoo, online shops.

Rebel3000
Jul 8, 2008, 01:20 PM
ugg T.T

AlexCraig
Jul 8, 2008, 01:22 PM
Heh, you asked, I answered. :wacko:

Rebel3000
Jul 8, 2008, 01:24 PM
yeah... ty!

furrypaws
Jul 8, 2008, 02:16 PM
If I may post my opinion, I'm not really sure it's worth it. If you're up for paying 30-$40 dollars with about 10-15 of the remaining GCN community, then sure, go for it.

Of course, there are about another 5 or so who play v2/PC, but it's kinda buggy. Still works if you're desperate for other people though.

pith
Jul 8, 2008, 02:26 PM
They have them for sale for $25 at the EB right by my house...

Ranmaru
Jul 8, 2008, 02:42 PM
I would get one too, to see whats up. :)

AlexCraig
Jul 8, 2008, 04:16 PM
I'd say go for it. Yeah, there are fewer of us, but why should that matter? The fewer the people, the better you know the community, and the more stuff for you.

furrypaws
Jul 8, 2008, 04:18 PM
Eh, well. It's in the eye of the beholder I guess. If your characters aren't too high leveled and you wouldn't mind leveling again, I'd reccomend PSO:BB over it, but I know how attached you can get to your characters. It's more the fact that groups are very, very scarce. When you do find a good group, it's excellent fun. THat could take a while though.

Ranmaru
Jul 8, 2008, 04:22 PM
If I ever got a GC Adapter, I would join you. ;)

AlexCraig
Jul 8, 2008, 04:25 PM
I have one. And I am almost connected. I just need to do something with the router and voila.

Freeze
Jul 8, 2008, 04:29 PM
Eh, well. It's in the eye of the beholder I guess. If your characters aren't too high leveled and you wouldn't mind leveling again, I'd reccomend PSO:BB over it, but I know how attached you can get to your characters. It's more the fact that groups are very, very scarce. When you do find a good group, it's excellent fun. THat could take a while though.

All you need is a PC player as leader and suddenly your player numbers increase to include PC GC and DC. I have yet to have a day go by without playing with some one.

Ranmaru
Jul 8, 2008, 04:31 PM
Whats wrong with the Router? Sadly, now when I have a motive, I am in unemployment lol. Hopefully sometime I could join you in a game as well, it would be nice. :)

AlexCraig
Jul 8, 2008, 04:43 PM
I have no idea what the problem with the router is. Once I figure it out, though, I should be able to play. I got so far as being able to see the lobbies and hearing the music. But then I got a connection error.

Eh, seems like it should be simple to fix. I'll worry about it later.

furrypaws
Jul 8, 2008, 04:44 PM
All you need is a PC player as leader and suddenly your player numbers increase to include PC GC and DC. I have yet to have a day go by without playing with some one.

I'm not going to be the first one to line up and play with a PC player. I'm not sure how good it is now, but I really do not want to risk FSOD, no matter what. If I absolutely can't find someone else to play with, then yeah, I'll play with a PC player, but I really feel the risk isn't worth the reward.

And besides, there are only like 5-10 other PC/DC players, so it doesn't rise that much...

Also, Alex. I have no idea what I'm talking about, but try unplugging the entire router, then plugging in the GC Broadband cable where the router used to be plugged in. It worked for me, so, who knows? It could work for you too.

Ranmaru
Jul 8, 2008, 04:45 PM
Well, if it worked once, maybe it can work again. I am sure you have tried many times though, so nevermind what I said lol.

Freeze
Jul 8, 2008, 04:51 PM
I'm not going to be the first one to line up and play with a PC player. I'm not sure how good it is now, but I really do not want to risk FSOD, no matter what. If I absolutely can't find someone else to play with, then yeah, I'll play with a PC player, but I really feel the risk isn't worth the reward.

And besides, there are only like 5-10 other PC/DC players, so it doesn't rise that much...

I haven't had a problem but maybe I've just been lucky.

AlexCraig
Jul 8, 2008, 04:52 PM
I can't do that to the router.
1.) Dad's router.
2.) I am in the basement (my room). The router is upstairs (computer room).

Like I said, I'll worry about it later.

DuRaL
Jul 9, 2008, 07:35 AM
Alex, what is the error-message you're getting when you try to connect to the server?

error 101 and 102 for example usually mean that you've entered a wrong DNS-adress.
not all errors are necessarily caused by your router, you may have done a mistake at the provider-settings.

when you see the lobby-screen, it usually means that your gamecube is connected to the internet but can't find a server..

AlexCraig
Jul 9, 2008, 12:24 PM
I'm not entirely sure. It has been a while since I gave it a shot.
I actually had a mod from over there help me get connected. So Idaknow.

Ranmaru
Jul 9, 2008, 01:08 PM
As of now, do you still pay for a hunter's liscense and what not?

AlexCraig
Jul 9, 2008, 01:29 PM
Nope.

Ranmaru
Jul 9, 2008, 01:32 PM
Awesome!! :) That is good to know. Is the Adapter the only investment I would need, besides obviously an internet connection, which is very obvious because I am online now, lol. xD

Ithildin
Jul 9, 2008, 02:00 PM
Awesome!! :) That is good to know. Is the Adapter the only investment I would need, besides obviously an internet connection, which is very obvious because I am online now, lol. xD

Err I'm not sure because you are asking but you did know the official ST servers are down right?

Ranmaru
Jul 9, 2008, 02:04 PM
Yes, I wasn't really sure if you could still get online with GC or not, but I guess the only way may be BB, huh?

AlexCraig
Jul 9, 2008, 02:11 PM
There are private servers for GC. You can still get online. The only official ST server that is on is JPBB.

Ranmaru
Jul 9, 2008, 02:27 PM
Good, I am glad. Thank you for clearing that up. :)

DuRaL
Jul 10, 2008, 02:31 AM
be sure to buy either a keyboard for GC or a keyboard-adapter to use your PC-keyboard on your gamecube!

believe me, PSO online is no fun if you can't chat..

i payed like 50$ for BBA and keyboard-adapter, but that was.. 4(?) years ago

furrypaws
Jul 10, 2008, 07:30 AM
I get by decently without one...it just takes forever to type. If you have a computer with internet access nearby, it's no problem.

For me, at least, since I generally only play with friends, but I think that might only be me. If you're playing with strangers, it's going to be difficult to type, I tell you that. Difficult, not impossible. Just make sure you're not in harm's way when you type.

Ranmaru
Jul 10, 2008, 04:41 PM
Hmm, I see. Definetly on my to buy list. ^^