PDA

View Full Version : BB Item/Ultimate

DIP
Jul 8, 2008, 08:54 PM
So I'm a die hard fan of PSO Ver 2 for DC(500+ hours) and I just started playing BB. I remember in ver2 that ultimate required a shitload of ata to hit anything, requiring a weapon with very good ata boost for any kind of consistency with hitting. Red weapons were sweet, but even with that it was difficult. Anyway, I noticed looking at the item database that for BB the item ata boost have been lowered significantly(from +216 for some reds to like +40). I know the char max atas have been boosted, but only like 40-50, so did they change something in ultimate, or are you just going to miss everything all the time no matter what? Anyone(obviously someone...) with the experience? How does it compare to ver2 ultimate? I love being able to play on my pc, but if that comes up I'll be really pissed.

Thanks in advance!

edit: nevermind, answered my own question with the bestiary, evp has been much lowered in bb, but anyone willing to post there experience with the general changes and what you think of them would still be much appreciated!!!

Jaspaller
Jul 8, 2008, 09:08 PM
*Chain Summons DC_Player, TsukasaDCX, and Deepfreeze to answer this topic*

Yeah, they nerfed enemies when they first brang PSO to XBOX/GCN. I'm not sure how much since I never had v2.

Freeze
Jul 9, 2008, 12:07 AM
I wouldn't be able to answere anyway cause I lost Deepfreeze to a memory card before I got to play ultimate. Unlocked it but didn't play it.

Saffran
Jul 9, 2008, 01:57 AM
Well, ultimate being turned into a mode for pansies has pissed me off at first, but then I realised but the game was better balanced, if only because you could use a larger array of weapons to hit ennemies (as oppposed to "getting a Red Weapon with hit or a good Imperial Pick and ignoring all other weapons in the game").
BUT Episode 4 has some truely vicious ennemy combinations, AND the ennemies are somewhat closer to the original "DC Ultimate" feeling, so when you get to Ultimate on Episode 4, you might want to start paying attention to the screen again ;)

BB (at least the official servers) has fixed a few exploits, like the pipe trick to pass closed doors, or the "untekked weapons" trick. (Lavis, PoM, PW)

Some of the MA quests (MA4 Ep2 Route C) are really thrilling and the exp is a bit better, so getting to lv200, while easier, is a lot less frustrating. There used to be a death penalty, but it was removed when we passed 200 Million Kills for MA4.

If you go straight from DC to BB, make sure you enjoy Episode 2 - I could sit for hours in there and listen to the remixed musics of the original PS2 and PS3... plus CCA, Underwater Plant and Control Towers are challenging.

Anyway, enjoy the ride! I sure don't regret registering to BB, even I have indeed been paying 6 bucks a month for like 4 years now.

AlexCraig
Jul 9, 2008, 12:22 PM
Well, if he is to hop on BB, I think it best that he know that most of the official servers have recently been shut down. The only official one left is the JP server. He would likely head for a private one.

DIP
Jul 11, 2008, 07:19 PM
Thanks for all the info everyone, and I have gotten into BB a little more and fortunately it is just as fun as the old DC, and I have found a private server which happens to be very fun and very free....Anyways, thanks for all the information, and I'll see you guys around!

AlexCraig
Jul 11, 2008, 08:35 PM
Good! Glad to hear it! Hope to see you on BB sometime soon! ^^

DC_PLAYER
Jul 12, 2008, 09:18 AM
pso bb stats online
mosts enemys in later zones have 900/1000/1100 dfp

on ver.2
forest enemys offline have 900 dfp, arlans have 2000 dfp and online arlans have 2500.

damage calculation is different on pso bb, you can make some use of specials and plenty of weapons become usefull even on a low level char, on ver.2 you might remember that most of the good weapons are insanely harder to find, and wothout any kind of % they simply suck, specials are to hard to make them work and because of that on ver.2 your basic weaponry for ultimate are just half a duzen weapons.

pso bb only becomes somehow hard in ep4, basicly the game was made to be played there and the weapons to be used there, but once ep4 becomes easy then ep1 becomes even easier.
ver.2 only has ep1, so each time you go to the next area creatures become much stronger and a few chars have lot's of problems surviving or dealing damage to them, because they don't get uber powered weapons and shields in the beguining.

A way to compare something is to do TTF on both versions, on BB the exp and easiness is insane, even for ultimate, try to play the quest on ver.2 and i will assure you that you won't do the quest 20 times everytime you go online.