PDA

View Full Version : PSP demo leaked!

THOTH
Jul 9, 2008, 12:27 AM
....it's floating around the internet, some people on this board already have it. Tell us what you think! I can't download stuff to my PSP right now (long story) but would be extremely thankful for any reviews of the demo!

Thanks!!

Indica
Jul 9, 2008, 12:32 AM
I know where to download it but I refuse to support this piece of crap until Sega gets off it's ass and fixes AOI and provides better support.

THOTH
Jul 9, 2008, 12:47 AM
Did the world really need to know this? Jeez.

Any actual enthusiastic people care to post?

mvffin
Jul 9, 2008, 01:15 AM
its not really "leaked" as its a free download in the first place. = \

S.T.K
Jul 9, 2008, 01:19 AM
Del = Awesomeness

pikachief
Jul 9, 2008, 01:28 AM
i want demo! how!!! D:

jaddavie
Jul 9, 2008, 01:35 AM
I found it on the pirate bay.

zandra117
Jul 9, 2008, 01:42 AM
Ok I have my PSP with me right now, I have internet connectivity with it but I've never tried downloading games to it, now how do I go about doing this? Does my PSP need to be modded at all?

Cavarcous
Jul 9, 2008, 01:49 AM
You need to make your internet browser on your PSP go to the japanese psp download site. Your PSP also needs to upgraded to version 4.01. You also have to have a mini-USB cable to download the demo to a memory stick. The demo is around 300mb and the update is 25mb.

pikachief
Jul 9, 2008, 01:51 AM
how do u make the browser go to the JP site? can u just post link here and we click it on our PSP? :D lol

its not my PSP, i know how to go on internet, idk how to go on the JP site, or how to download update lol

Cavarcous
Jul 9, 2008, 01:54 AM
www.jp.playstation.com/ps-portable/dl

You can download the latest update from the Network Update menu on your PSP. You have to have version 2.00 or later on it already to do that, though.

beatrixkiddo
Jul 9, 2008, 01:55 AM
I wonder if this will work with mine :/

Chibi_psu
Jul 9, 2008, 02:00 AM
Lol who has official firmware? xD anyway ill test it later i have to update my psp to 4.01 M33-2

beatrixkiddo
Jul 9, 2008, 02:03 AM
Yeah mine's not official either :P

pikachief
Jul 9, 2008, 02:24 AM
i cant find it on that site X.x

is it possible to send a direct link to the download? lol sry >.< but thanks for the info about updating! :D

Seority
Jul 9, 2008, 02:27 AM
God, I need a PSP...

Cavarcous
Jul 9, 2008, 02:28 AM
You have to download it in a way I can't mention here. Use your Google skillz.

BIGGIEstyle
Jul 9, 2008, 02:29 AM
I wish I had the cash for a PSP now :(

With this and the new God of War coming out I need one BAD now.

Cavarcous
Jul 9, 2008, 02:52 AM
Oh my... meseta actually comes from boxes now.. just like in PSO. It seems like the monsters have their HP back from PSU v1... The shop menu is very streamlined, and weapons that normally didn't have elements from the NPC now do. I have yet to try Story Mode, though...

Character Creation is odd... There's no more slider for the face, but once you choose your face as usual, you choose from another set of faces. I suppose this makes up for the slider not being there anymore.

Hmm.. and a Polty just dropped a Weapons Badge x.X

BIGGIEstyle
Jul 9, 2008, 03:16 AM
haracter Creation is odd... There's no more slider for the face, but once you choose your face as usual, you choose from another set of faces. I suppose this makes up for the slider not being there anymore.

Can you make honest to goodness ORANGE hair? Or is it the retarded color palette we have for PSU?

zandra117
Jul 9, 2008, 03:19 AM
Make videos now! Take them with a cellphone camera or something if you have to!

Cavarcous
Jul 9, 2008, 03:20 AM
Slightly modified color palette, think the one we have for female fleshies for their lips. The colors do seem brighter than before, but I like natural colors for my characters hair. I'll get back to you, as the demo only lets you have one character slot x.x

Cavarcous
Jul 9, 2008, 03:22 AM
Make videos now! Take them with a cellphone camera or something if you have to!

I have a camera I could do this with, actually, and though I could play this all night, I have work in the morning.

When I get home, I'll do my best to get a video or two up.

BIGGIEstyle
Jul 9, 2008, 03:25 AM
Thank you for your time and energy Cavarcous. I will eagerly await your videos.

Also 100th post w00t! ^_^

Fry_Heit
Jul 9, 2008, 03:30 AM
I agree, it seems like the game took a step backward, but it's because of PSP (the system). The character configuration is more basic than PSU's original one, but it's ok. You also can't wander freely around the Guardian's Colony, you visit it through some kind of 2D basic map, and dialogs are shown through images and not 3D "cutscenes". As for the battles, there are less ennemies at a time than on the original game. And the musics are orchestrated in midi obviously.
Apart from those things, it's a real Phantasy Star Universe, and it's awesome!

Cavarcous
Jul 9, 2008, 03:34 AM
I agree, it seems like the game took a step backward, but it's because of PSP (the system). The character configuration is more basic than PSU's original one, but it's ok. You also can't wander freely around the Guardian's Colony, you visit it through some kind of 2D basic map, and dialogs are shown through images and not 3D "cutscenes". As for the battles, there are less ennemies at a time than on the original game. And the musics are orchestrated in midi obviously.
Apart from those things, it's a real Phantasy Star Universe, and it's awesome!

I find that there are more enemies at a time, actually. I've never seen a spawn of six Koltova...

must stop playing.. must get to bed... x.o

Fry_Heit
Jul 9, 2008, 03:47 AM
Yeah, let's say I've said that one. I'm currently seeing more and more ennemies appearing at a time.
By the way I mad two short videos. The quality is bad, but it's better than nothing. I'll upload them on Dailymotion and give you the links as soon as they are ready.

pikachief
Jul 9, 2008, 04:13 AM
oh wow is this demo multiplayer? :O

i recall hearing a program to play local multiplayer PSP games online, maybe some of us who have this demo can get together and play later :D

lol drops are so random, got 2 armors from enemies right next to each other, 1 was 3% the otehr was 42% XD

also idk if it was stated before but in multi-mode there are no lobbies. u just select the mission, or shop to go to :P

also I found a Grinder, and i dont think grinding fials anymore so im saving this for if i need it for something better later :P

P.S. i've only tried diga as a spell so far cuz im hunter, but diga has knockback now O.o like they go flying like regrants when u hit them with diga in this game XD

Fry_Heit
Jul 9, 2008, 05:24 AM
Yeah this demo is multiplayer, and it is awesome.

I made a short video that can be found there :
http://maximelefou.free.fr/Phantasy%20Star%20Portable.AVI

The quality is horrible, the file is huge... I won't make any other one I reckon :p.

zandra117
Jul 9, 2008, 05:36 AM
http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=evo7:psp

Here is how you can get your psp setup to play ad:hoc over the internet

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=evo7:pspconnectionguide - direct link to the connection guide

Fry_Heit
Jul 9, 2008, 05:56 AM
I swear, I'd be glad to play online, but I only have a router. It allows my PSP to connect to the internet, but not to my PC. I can't use that thing then. Still, I think I have a WiFi key something, I'll go look for it.

EDIT : It works! I'm coming to the 360 servers to find you in a few minutes.

Raiza
Jul 9, 2008, 07:38 AM
Is there anyway to get this short of torrenting it? Or will I have to wait until monday until it's officially released? (the demo, that is.)

Larian
Jul 9, 2008, 08:03 AM
I'm going to have to try this later on when I get back from work...This is defenetly going to be something to get me through my day!! =D

Chibi_psu
Jul 9, 2008, 08:06 AM
Just finished the story mission very short but i liked it.You get laia,vivienne and your pm cards.Grm only sells a few techs and some c weapons armors and some c and b unit.Im gonna try the ragan mission.

beatrixkiddo
Jul 9, 2008, 12:07 PM
Not sure my screenshot utility will work after upgrading to 4.01 custom, so here's two pics of what I COULD do :wacko:

http://www.beatrixkiddopsu.com/images/psp/psp065.jpg

http://www.beatrixkiddopsu.com/images/psp/psp066.jpg

Alizarin
Jul 9, 2008, 12:14 PM
Here's something I wonder:

Will our Demo data be usable when the full game comes out?

Fry_Heit
Jul 9, 2008, 12:29 PM
Yup, it will :D.

Kizeragi
Jul 9, 2008, 12:35 PM
Downloading the demo now, it better be good. xD

gundam0079
Jul 9, 2008, 01:11 PM
if u want to play over the X link, best thing to get is a wifi max, only 30 dollara or so but it allows u to connect psp tp wifimaxand wifimax to connect to the internet since u can hook you wifi to the psp then internet wont work. so ive already set up kai long time ago allows me to MHF2 :D but if u ned help just ask

Kizeragi
Jul 9, 2008, 01:27 PM
if u want to play over the X link, best thing to get is a wifi max, only 30 dollara or so but it allows u to connect psp tp wifimaxand wifimax to connect to the internet since u can hook you wifi to the psp then internet wont work. so ive already set up kai long time ago allows me to MHF2 :D but if u ned help just ask

This, Wifi Max makes playing over Xlink incredibly straightforward.

And the demo rocks! :D

Fry_Heit
Jul 9, 2008, 01:56 PM
Yeah, I'll buy one I think. I can't get my wifi dongle working >>.

Ken_Silver
Jul 9, 2008, 03:10 PM
Holy Shrimp! I am going to try this later tonight. Expect to see me here noting stuff later. :D

Edit: Got it for me and my sister. :D Thank you very much guys.

Now I need to get a Screenshot Capture program. :razz:

Xenoguner
Jul 9, 2008, 06:11 PM
Can someone post a step by step process to downloading this demo pls? I dont understand japanese, and i cant find a place that explains this clearly. ;_; Thank you in advance! i really wanna play this game ^^

burninglink5
Jul 9, 2008, 07:01 PM
Can someone post a step by step process to downloading this demo pls? I dont understand japanese, and i cant find a place that explains this clearly. ;_; Thank you in advance! i really wanna play this game ^^
Er, it isn't really something you should be talking about on here. Just google "phantasy star portable demo download", you should figure it out from there.

Dragwind
Jul 9, 2008, 07:17 PM
There shall be no divulging on process or location of the download until it is officially released.

Eyce_Theon
Jul 9, 2008, 08:56 PM
This demo's great. The tutorial portions of Story mode are far better explained than PSU's is, and I can't even READ it. The starting palletes for the initial three classes are also alot better than what PSU gave you.

By the way, looking at the class list - I can tell the first three are Hunter/Ranger/Force, the next three are the master classes, but what are the last two? Their requirements are 4/2/4 and 4/4/2, but of which classes I do not know. The 4/2/4 class specializes in single handed or dual-wielding weapons, while the 4/4/2 class specializes in all two-handed weapons.

Also, just found some 1% Ice C rank armor, rofl.

Xenoguner
Jul 9, 2008, 09:14 PM
Oh, im sorry >.< i thought it was already announced, since everyone was already playing it ;_; Sorry if i stirred up any trouble.

mvffin
Jul 9, 2008, 09:27 PM
This demo's great. The tutorial portions of Story mode are far better explained than PSU's is, and I can't even READ it. The starting palletes for the initial three classes are also alot better than what PSU gave you.

By the way, looking at the class list - I can tell the first three are Hunter/Ranger/Force, the next three are the master classes, but what are the last two? Their requirements are 4/2/4 and 4/4/2, but of which classes I do not know. The 4/2/4 class specializes in single handed or dual-wielding weapons, while the 4/4/2 class specializes in all two-handed weapons.

Also, just found some 1% Ice C rank armor, rofl.

4/4/2 is Protranser. YES, they have DS and Rods. 4/2/4 is Acromaster.

Eyce_Theon
Jul 9, 2008, 09:29 PM
Protranser just got alot more awesome, then. Thanks.

Omega_Weltall
Jul 10, 2008, 12:07 AM
anyone else spend 45 minutes trying to make a name in Hiragana and Katakana?
I actually understood more about Japanese now.

AnamanaAU
Jul 10, 2008, 02:08 AM
By the way, the OST isn't midi. >_>

Fry_Heit
Jul 10, 2008, 02:14 AM
Ooooh yes it is. Well, most of it. In missions musics are orchestrated in midi, that's pretty obvious. But during cutscenes or in cities, we have the real musics.
Anyway that's hardly a problem, even if some of the musics sound quite messed up to me.

AnamanaAU
Jul 10, 2008, 02:24 AM
Where's the proof that it is or isn't?

Lonigan
Jul 10, 2008, 03:13 AM
It doesn't sound midi, but it definitely is a remix... Nice though.

AnamanaAU
Jul 10, 2008, 03:22 AM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, just a new remix. Doesn't sound anything like midi.

Fry_Heit
Jul 10, 2008, 03:56 AM
The proof is that you definitely can hear it, it's midi, there's not arguing that. It is the same kind of musics you had on the N64 or PS (such as FF7 or FF8 ). But if you don't have a "melody ear" or something, here is another proof :

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144333&highlight=midi&page=23

Take a look at Espiokaos's post at the middle of the page. He says :
"
Re: Sound
* The sound for the game has been recorded as MIDI.
* This could be due to some issues with skipping music that was reported during last December's Jump Festa exhibit."

pikachief
Jul 10, 2008, 04:04 AM
the music in the player lobby when u select lobby mode before u start playing skips

Rayokarna
Jul 10, 2008, 04:09 AM
Protranser can use S Rank Twin Claws o_O

pikachief
Jul 10, 2008, 04:11 AM
Protranser can use S Rank Twin Claws o_O

yea i know lol, i've known it as a class that uses all S rank two-handed non twin weapons and out of nowhere it gets twin claws XD

Rayokarna
Jul 10, 2008, 04:28 AM
yea i know lol, i've known it as a class that uses all S rank two-handed non twin weapons and out of nowhere it gets twin claws XD

It must of been a last minute thing because in the last artical about it, PT never had it.

BioWarrior
Jul 10, 2008, 01:58 PM
Does the leaked demo require custom firmware or can I use the official firmware to play the demo as well? Don't really trust the custom stuff

deso123
Jul 10, 2008, 02:01 PM
read around a little bit. you dont need custom firmware

BioWarrior
Jul 10, 2008, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the input, was curious since I found a download but it had stated custom firmware is needed.

Hiroko
Jul 10, 2008, 02:31 PM
Your PSP also needs to upgraded to version 4.01.

Dammit, well I guess I'm not even gonna attempt to download it then...

Larian
Jul 10, 2008, 02:38 PM
I have to charge my battery before it will let me run the updater...I guess I still have to wait just a bit more...

=/

Kizeragi
Jul 10, 2008, 02:48 PM
Protranser has been SERIOUSLY upgraded. S Rifles, Rods, Twin Claws and Doubles. Expect to see PT's with Psycho Wands on the full game. :/

Rayokarna
Jul 10, 2008, 02:56 PM
Protranser has been SERIOUSLY upgraded. S Rifles, Rods, Twin Claws and Doubles. Expect to see PT's with Psycho Wands on the full game. :/

We got the best end of the stick lol. Since we only have level 10 Support, screw buffing. Nuke, shoot, slash. We have decent stats too.

As much as I love Twin Claws, what on earth made them give them to PT. I thought that was Acromasters main weapon. Oh well...

Protranser > Jesus > Every other class.

Kizeragi
Jul 10, 2008, 03:45 PM
Protranser > Jesus > Every other class.

Oh yes, and we thought PSU PT was good xD

Philthagreat
Jul 19, 2008, 09:55 PM
my main is 130 beast 20 FG, FF, AF my 2nd is 105 cast 20 FG, AT, and PT <3 PT But looks like PT in the psp demo got a big upgrade cant wait!