PDA

View Full Version : Trying to chose a rifle.

gurmlk
Jul 9, 2008, 12:35 PM
I'm trying to decide on whether to get blackbulls or mizurakihohs. There's one main determining factor for me, and that's which one will typically keep from depleting it's photon points throughout the course of a mission. I'm not sure if the greater attack power of the blackbull would make up for the greater photon points of the mizurakihoh in that regard.

Alastor_Haven
Jul 9, 2008, 01:25 PM
Pretty easy

Black bull

The mizurakioh's are use for Killer shot and only for killer shot

The PP doesn't really matter much

Blackbull has Twice the ATT as Miz

But of course that is my opinion

Golto
Jul 9, 2008, 01:29 PM
Depends on grinds, char atp, and which type you play. Gunmaster might skew the Blackbull's higher atp difference and higher pp cost.

Mizurakihoh 0/10 have 400 more pp than Blackbull 0/10. Using fortegunner lvl 31-40 elemental rifle bullets only cost 11 pp perr shot. Thats 36 more shots not even counting pp regen.

Here's an approximation of damage not factoring in extra shots due to pp regen against the same monster. Best case scenario lvl 130 fortegunner lvl 20 using lvl 40 elemental rifle bullets against opposite element 70-80 more damage per hit.
Blackbull 0/10 has 147 more atp.
--Fortegunner

Blackbull 0/10 121 shots *1070/1080 damage = 129470/130680 total damage

Mizurakihoh 0/10 157 shots *1000 damage = 157000 total damage

--Gunmaster lvl 50 elemental rifle bullets really guessing on damage difference here of 100

Blackbull 0/10 70 shots * 1100 damage = 77000 total damage

Mizurakihoh 0/10 91 shots *1000 damage = 91000 total damage

Factor in pp regen and the difference increases even more in favor of the Mizurakihoh. Blackbulls do gain a little more pp per grind but you would need to have an unfair comparison to equal out the damage. I can test it whenever I renew my account once we get a decent update.

There is the looks and bullet graphics/sfx factors too you might want to consider. The Mizurakihoh makes a pop-cap gun sound which gets very annoying.

darkante
Jul 9, 2008, 01:48 PM
Yes, well unless you are only gonna use rifles which the obvious choise makes Mizurakihoh for PP boost..better for Killer shots uses.
It doesn´t really matter what you take, i just prefer Blackbull´s animation over Mizurakihoh. (Blackbull = Black Colored shots and Mizurakihoh = Lame shots?!)

Your choise really.

Syl
Jul 9, 2008, 02:02 PM
I'd go with Blackbull just because it's awesome looking :3

The diferrence between the two isn't really going to kill you unless you plan on solely using killer shot. Just grind it a couple times and you'll be set.

Dragwind
Jul 9, 2008, 02:34 PM
I'd say it goes by preference, but if you don't want to use as many photon charges, I suggest going with the Yohmei rifle. I prefer the bit of extra power, so I like the Blackbull. I do use the Miz for Killer Shot however.

Para
Jul 9, 2008, 04:04 PM
I'll roll with Blackbull too. Only difficulty is hunting for one with Falkis if you are unlucky and get a bunch of shit drops.

Blackbull: 586ATP 224ATA 1333PP
Mizurakihoh: 439ATP 257ATA 1733PP

Colonel Mustard
Jul 9, 2008, 07:01 PM
Correct me, if I am wrong, but I don't think I am, here, but in the amount of time, however long it is, for the miz to shoot its entire pp, ahem, load, a player using the blackbull, over the same period of time, could, having depleted the blackbull already, pop a charge, as it were, and do more damage, over the same time.

gurmlk
Jul 9, 2008, 09:42 PM
Yes while that is probably true, I prefer to not use the photon charge items since they are more costly than just using the photon charging stations.

gurmlk
Jul 9, 2008, 09:49 PM
Correct me, if I am wrong, but I don't think I am, here, but in the amount of time, however long it is, for the miz to shoot its entire pp, ahem, load, a player using the blackbull, over the same period of time, could, having depleted the blackbull already, pop a charge, as it were, and do more damage, over the same time.
Yes while that is probably true, I prefer to not use the photon charge items since they are more costly than just using the photon charging stations. I always try to spend as little money as possible since I don't have a very steady income. Pretty much all of my money comes from mission rewards and enemy drops since I never find anything good to sell at my shop.

Hiero_Glyph
Jul 9, 2008, 10:09 PM

I get it now, or rather, I should say, your tone uses, in a manner of speaking, multiple sentences condensed into a single thought, or possibly multiple thoughts sharing the same, or a singular, sentence that for some reason carries, or conveys, if you will, a simple thought made to appear, at least from a third party's perspective, or reader in this case, more complex than the original thought.

In a nutshell you are trying to sound sagacious by making your writing style overly complex.

In regards to the rifles, using a photon charge is one way around this situation but often just increases the cost of using a given class. Not a perfect solution but a solution regardless.

mvffin
Jul 9, 2008, 10:20 PM
Mizurakihoh is much, much cheaper, and Rifle ATP doesn't matter nearly as much as bullet level.

plus I like shooting enemies with a frickin tree-gun.

Tetsaru
Jul 10, 2008, 03:53 AM
I'd go with the Mizurakihoh, if you're looking for more shots... but equipping a Giga/Bullet PP Save or Cati/Bullet PP Save (if you can find one) might help you out more in that sense. Also, do you tend to solo, or party with others? That should be another thing to consider, in terms of your PP usage. Personally, I usually carry 2 rifles - a Rattlesnake, and a Blackbull - and have my Giga/Bullet PP Save equipped (I don't have a Solid/Power S or anything similar yet, lol >_<). If I have to use Killer Shot (in which case, I'll usually be soloing Grove of Fanatics or Desert Goliath for gun weapons, lol), I'll bring 5 Mizurakihohs + my Shigga Baret for other enemies, and use a Cosmo Charge once my last rifle runs out. If there's a boss, I'll swap out one of the Mizurakihohs for my Rattlesnake and just shoot away.

But yeah, Yohmei weapons have always been better for PP usage, so go with the Mizurakihohs (in player shops, I'd say roughly around 1 million) if that's what you're looking for. They tend to be MUCH cheaper than Blackbulls (around 10-15 million) or Rattlesnakes (around 40-60 million). More power to ya if you can get them with a good grind.

zandra117
Jul 10, 2008, 05:49 AM
Get a De Colte Line and a palette of 10/10 Snipers.

The Snipers would have:
691 att
129 acc
1192 pp
yes, thats a 2* C rank weapon

And the De Colte Line would have:
1 def
350 eva
1 ment
20 end
with a Head and Arm slot.

Thats more att than a 10/10 Mizurakihoh and a 9/10 Blackbull!
The accuracy and pp is less though.
PP shouldnt matter much with the Sniper though because you can easily stock up on a bunch of them. Because Snipers are C rank they should be easy to grind.

If you can handle the defense loss this should be good for you. Just be sure to snipe from a distance.^^;

gurmlk
Jul 10, 2008, 04:50 PM
Get a De Colte Line and a palette of 10/10 Snipers.

The Snipers would have:
691 att
129 acc
1192 pp
yes, thats a 2* C rank weapon

And the De Colte Line would have:
1 def
350 eva
1 ment
20 end
with a Head and Arm slot.

Thats more att than a 10/10 Mizurakihoh and a 9/10 Blackbull!
The accuracy and pp is less though.
PP shouldnt matter much with the Sniper though because you can easily stock up on a bunch of them. Because Snipers are C rank they should be easy to grind.

If you can handle the defense loss this should be good for you. Just be sure to snipe from a distance.^^;
Thanks for the advice, and it would normally be great except that the character that I'm asking this for is a cast, and that set up I personally don't think would make up for losing my SUV. Thanks anyway, though, and I'll try to keep it in mind if I ever make a character that's heavy on rifle use that isn't a cast, though that likely won't happen. And yes, I would be able to handle the defense loss since pretty much all I do is use my rifles from around obstacles, at least whenever I can.

gurmlk
Jul 10, 2008, 04:55 PM
I'd go with the Mizurakihoh, if you're looking for more shots... but equipping a Giga/Bullet PP Save or Cati/Bullet PP Save (if you can find one) might help you out more in that sense. Also, do you tend to solo, or party with others? That should be another thing to consider, in terms of your PP usage. Personally, I usually carry 2 rifles - a Rattlesnake, and a Blackbull - and have my Giga/Bullet PP Save equipped (I don't have a Solid/Power S or anything similar yet, lol >_<). If I have to use Killer Shot (in which case, I'll usually be soloing Grove of Fanatics or Desert Goliath for gun weapons, lol), I'll bring 5 Mizurakihohs + my Shigga Baret for other enemies, and use a Cosmo Charge once my last rifle runs out. If there's a boss, I'll swap out one of the Mizurakihohs for my Rattlesnake and just shoot away.

But yeah, Yohmei weapons have always been better for PP usage, so go with the Mizurakihohs (in player shops, I'd say roughly around 1 million) if that's what you're looking for. They tend to be MUCH cheaper than Blackbulls (around 10-15 million) or Rattlesnakes (around 40-60 million). More power to ya if you can get them with a good grind.

Those who play the game have pretty much forced me to spend quite a bit of my time soloing since, while I would much rather play with a party, I can't stand doing the same mission over and over again, and people playing this game always tend to crowd around the same one or two missions and just do them over and over again. I've lost a lot of my interest in playing the game because of this actually and have considered quitting if things don't change. It's just not as much fun anymore as it used to be when everybody was scattered around and was willing to do a wider variety of the missions in the game.