PDA

View Full Version : Amusing.

EphekZ
Jul 9, 2008, 05:12 PM
so I've been slacking on getting my license, already 17 and don't have my permit.
Anyway, I go today to take the permit test and pass it with flying colors. However, about two years ago I got a truant ticket and I never paid it. So that made them put a stop clearance on my license. Now, you're probably thinking "why is he mad, it's his fault etc etc."

Yeah it is, however the basis of that ticket was utter bullshit. I was about 45 minutes late because I had to help my little sister with something, and I walk to school. Anyway, I'm across the street from my school, with my backpack on and everything headed to school, and a cop pulls by and issues me a truant ticket. Doesn't matter that I was 10 FUCKING FEET FROM THE SCHOOL.

Ugh, so I have to wait like 2 weeks for the court to process all this shit, and then I have to pay about 300 dollars for this.

300 dollar permit, good times.

Ranmaru
Jul 9, 2008, 05:31 PM
Wow, amusing indeed. It is B.S. I agree. Sadly, I only have my permit, and I have not practiced much in a while. I am 18, and I don't have my liscense yet. God what am I doing wrong???!?!?! I have practiced a bit, I did great, but not so well with parking lol. Also, I can't talk to anyone while on the drivers seat or I will lose concentration. ;-;

AlexCraig
Jul 9, 2008, 06:58 PM
I have you both beat. 20 and only have my permit. :wacko:

I can't seem to get my liscense because SOMETHING has to get in the way. No SS Card, no working horn on the car, expired permit, not enough paperwork, etc.

Adriano
Jul 9, 2008, 07:02 PM
I had to get my *real* Birth certificate faxed to my state from the state I Was born in, which took like A LONG TIME, I don't get it, how can I have a fake birth certificate anyway :disapprove:, not to mention I seem to remember the lady at the bmv desk was pretty snooty. :disapprove:..

Ranmaru
Jul 9, 2008, 07:09 PM
I had a class that would cover me getting my liscense, but as I moved from Rhode Island all the way to Florida, I didn't have my Original Birth Certificate, nor my Permit. Faxed? I had mine mailed, lol. I was never able to finish that driving class because it was too late by the time I got my permit. Anyways, now I don't really know whats stopping me, I also loathe driving practice, don't know why.

Seority
Jul 10, 2008, 02:37 AM
Hey man, the poe-poe need their quotas filled too ya know?

CelestialBlade
Jul 10, 2008, 02:41 AM
Like the police enforce laws based on "fairness". Sounds to me like the city desperately wanted money that day.

Paying a fine is better than any points being put anywhere, as you certainly don't want insurance to jack up. Best to either get the ticket over with or roll the dice a little and keep pushing the court date out, hoping the cop forgets about it altogether and the whole thing's dropped. Bit risky, but I've had friends pull it off fairly easily. But that was with things like speeding tickets, just trying to avoid points put on their license.

MetaZedlen
Jul 10, 2008, 09:48 AM
Man, that sounds like something the dumbass cops would do around where my mom lives...

That really sucks on how almost everyone here that has posted doesn't have their license yet, I am 18 and have had it for 2 and a half years now.

Kylie
Jul 10, 2008, 11:03 AM
I didn't get my license until late (like seventeen or eighteen). I just didn't care, I guess, but that stupid ticket getting in your way is pretty, well, stupid. :lol: Cops can be so useless sometimes.

Powder Keg
Jul 10, 2008, 11:56 AM
I didn't bother getting mine til I was 22 because I didn't have a car. lol

But wow, what a fat pig for stopping you like that. That's just completely unecessary.

Ranmaru
Jul 10, 2008, 12:23 PM
Yes, I believe cops are useless unless we would want to get tickets for some bs. :3

Fossil
Jul 17, 2008, 10:47 PM
What the fuck is a truant ticket? I've never heard of that before. I'm guessing if you are late to school and a cop see's you = busted! How the hell can they ticket you for that?

Hey asshole, you didn't eat your Taco Bell before the bell dung, here is a ticket!

I would've told that officer to kiss my ass and went to school anyways. What a dick.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 17, 2008, 11:38 PM
He obviously didn't think he was late, he probably thought he was ditching.

Sheesh.

Truancy in a nutshell is ditching school.

MetaZedlen
Jul 18, 2008, 10:45 AM
What the fuck is a truant ticket? I've never heard of that before. I'm guessing if you are late to school and a cop see's you = busted! How the hell can they ticket you for that?

Hey asshole, you didn't eat your Taco Bell before the bell dung, here is a ticket!

I would've told that officer to kiss my ass and went to school anyways. What a dick.

Or you could have looked him in the eye and said this:

"You know, there could be a murder half a mile away from here, but no, you took your sweet-ass time to give me a ticket for something so stupid."

If I ever get a ticket for no seat belt or going 2 over the speed limit, this will be the first thing I will have to say.

EphekZ
Jul 18, 2008, 02:24 PM
If you give them lip, 9 times out of 10, they'll write you up for something more severe.

Fossil
Jul 18, 2008, 03:02 PM
And then you take them to court and fight it. They won't show up, they never do.

SStrikerR
Jul 18, 2008, 06:07 PM
I'd have just gone and walked into school without taking it. "I'm late for class, can we talk about this later? kthxbye"

EphekZ
Jul 19, 2008, 03:18 AM
I'd have just gone and walked into school without taking it. "I'm late for class, can we talk about this later? kthxbye"

Yeah because I'd just walk away from two cops, who were pissed/bored enough to give me a ticket in the first place.

SStrikerR
Jul 19, 2008, 01:07 PM
Yeah because I'd just walk away from two cops, who were pissed/bored enough to give me a ticket in the first place.
You would? What a tard. lol jk