PDA

View Full Version : Rate the PSP Demo VS PSU

deso123
Jul 9, 2008, 07:11 PM
My PSP still in the mail so I can't rate it yet.

Ken_Silver
Jul 9, 2008, 07:14 PM
Hard to do, with us only having the demo. I'd say though that it is better then PSU vanilla, but not better than PSU AOTI.

But remember, AOTI has SEGAC at the wheels, so PSP may even edge that out in some aspects.

relentless
Jul 9, 2008, 07:17 PM
Hard to do, with us only having the demo. I'd say though that it is better then PSU vanilla, but not better than PSU AOTI.

But remember, AOTI has SEGAC at the wheels, so PSP may even edge that out in some aspects.
True.

Not sure 'bout that. lol
But yeah, there ARE details being better about our current PSU, but not in general. :)
(gib diga knock-away NAO)

Kizeragi
Jul 9, 2008, 07:28 PM
We can't possibly do that right now.
It won't beat PSU. Max is 4 per team, drops are class based, etc.
Once I order and get the full game, I can tell you.

Zantra
Jul 9, 2008, 08:45 PM
It's like PSO and PSU had a baby...

At least, that's what I assume... from what's been released about the game (PSP) so far.

mvffin
Jul 9, 2008, 09:36 PM
Its basically an enhanced version of offline mode, with multiplayer.

Dissappointing to me, but unless I'm missing something here, you can only do the story mode mission once. If I try to "continue" and "story mode" it takes me back to the title screen. T_T

I've seen three missions in multiplayer so far, and they are the same as the PSU/AOI missions. Plains Overlord, Train Rescue, and Scarred Planet. Enemy spawns are a little different in some cases, but its pretty much the same missions.

PA leveling is very odd in this game, I can empty 2-3 twin handguns and have the bullets at 11, but after emptying 10 more, I still haven't gotten to 12. Maybe 11 is the cap, I should check on that.

Saving isn't automatic, and its possible to exit the game without saving, which sucks and made me start a new character. Also, only one character slot is kinda stupid too, should be able to have as many characters as you have room on your card for game saves. I don't have a 4 gig stick for nothing.

Kizeragi
Jul 10, 2008, 07:41 AM
Its basically an enhanced version of offline mode, with multiplayer.

Dissappointing to me, but unless I'm missing something here, you can only do the story mode mission once. If I try to "continue" and "story mode" it takes me back to the title screen. T_T

I've seen three missions in multiplayer so far, and they are the same as the PSU/AOI missions. Plains Overlord, Train Rescue, and Scarred Planet. Enemy spawns are a little different in some cases, but its pretty much the same missions.

PA leveling is very odd in this game, I can empty 2-3 twin handguns and have the bullets at 11, but after emptying 10 more, I still haven't gotten to 12. Maybe 11 is the cap, I should check on that.

Saving isn't automatic, and its possible to exit the game without saving, which sucks and made me start a new character. Also, only one character slot is kinda stupid too, should be able to have as many characters as you have room on your card for game saves. I don't have a 4 gig stick for nothing.

PA's cap at 11. And it'll be 4 characters per save. I have several memory sticks already, so I'm set.

Net_PePo
Jul 16, 2008, 09:26 AM

But, remind that: Itīs a demo, things may get better on the final game. By the way, I have two charīs, I only copy and paste the save file to play with anyone!

Akaimizu
Jul 16, 2008, 09:43 AM
There's quite a few things you're locked out of. Including the option to go back to your Room or place items in your PM's hold. Thus, for the demo, that 60 slot inventory you have is all the inventory you can have.

One thing I love is the class-based drops. Finally, when a class leads an expedition, you can expect to see more of that stuff drop. Odd to see Tynselle PSP get so many guns all around instead of a constant barrage of Hunter/Fighter-only equipment for like 800 of 1000 hours, like PSU.

The idea of finding a different class leader to get their drop style is awesome stuff. It's a good way to promote people going around looking for a different class to join a party with. Kind of like a simpler version of PSO's License badge drop system. 'Cept it makes much more sense here. You play the class, you want to see more stuff you can use.

Still, what is nice is that the basic classes have a good variety in their equipment. Plus the scenario is very condusive to wanting to switch around classes. There's lots of incentive of joining different class leaders because of the possibility of getting better versions of equipment you can use. Like better secondary weapons.

Also, the PSP demo throws a lot of candy at you that I don't expect so early in the full. I mean, so many 40+ percentage Melee weapons. While there is decent variation in percentages for weapon drops, this demo is very generous.

Not sure about the full, but it's nice the demo seems to have never-fail grinds. You get grinders from S-classing a level I believe. I also don't see C-B-A-S attached to them, so they seem to be grinders for any class weapon in the demo, at least.