PDA

View Full Version : Item Alex's Phantasy Star Online Uniform Rundown

AlexCraig
Jul 9, 2008, 10:42 PM
In this thread, I will explain in great depth the components that make up each class's attire. I will use my characters, and possibly some of your own (should I ask). I hope to post these all in order as you see them in game. I will edit the first post every time I have a new one to add. Hopefully I can get all 12 classes up here.

HUmar

[spoiler-box]
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/Faedeur_Onarcius/Phantasy%20Star%20Online/Fashion%20Time/HUmar1.jpg

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/Faedeur_Onarcius/Phantasy%20Star%20Online/Fashion%20Time/HUmar2.jpg

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/Faedeur_Onarcius/Phantasy%20Star%20Online/Fashion%20Time/HUmar3.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

1.) Section ID Plate: The section ID plate symbolizes the section ID of the Hunter. The plate is made out of high endurance aluminum, similar to that used to make modern aircrafts here on Earth. This is to ensure that the plate can take a beating from various forms of combat, yet still look new even after months of use and wear. It is coated with a durable paint used mainly for outdoor equipment that must endure the elements of nature.

2.) Exterior Battle Outfit: The outer attire of a HUmar is comprised of two layers. The color of the layers is up to the buyer, but comes in a decent variety. The outermost layer is made out of kevlar, the same material used to make bullet-proof vests for our Earth police and military. The under layer is made of a soft cloth. This layer's main purpose is to provide comfort for the wearer. The gloves on the hands are made out of a layer of leather, and is padded on the inside to protect from callouses and blisters. The overall weight of the outfit can weigh to upwards of 15lbs, depending on the size of the outfit. The dual layers of protection on this main portion of the outfit is strong enough to take the brunt of an attack, leaving the wearer relatively unharmed by most attacks. Blows that are fairly strong may leave the wearer with a bruise, or even internal bleeding and cracked ribs, however in the field of combat this outfit reigns supreme for defense.

3.) Hard Shell Torso Plating: This portion of the outfit is the most durable and resistant to harm. Like the main portion of the suit, the color of this segment may vary depending on the outfit and the buyer's preferences. And like the section ID plate, the color is comprised from a paint used to resist wear and tear. It is made out of the durable metal, titanium, so it can take more of a beating than much of the rest of the outfit. And as it is made out of titanium, it is lighter in weight to most other metals. Granted, this section of the HUmar's suit will not provide 100% protection from all attacks, and even if a Hunter is struck on the titanium plating they can still receive relatively painful injuries, such as bruises, broken ribs, and sores. But overall, the protection on this portion of the outfit is far greater than just the kevlar oversuit. Another interesting thing about this secment of the uniform are the two panels on the front. When opened, units to increase the wearer's capabilities, resistances, etc can be inserted. Once inserted, a network of tiny wires run the information from the units to the backside of the plating and send it into the Hunter's spine and nerve center (thus increasing the Hunter's abilities and resistances).

4.) Mobile Com-Unit: This piece of equipment is staple for every Hunter, Ranger, and Force (although for the latter it is veiled by the sleeves of their garbs). What this little wrist-worn unit is is a mobile computer and communication device. Various options are displayed on its small screen (see image 2), such as: GPS radar, tech disk configuration, BEE communication link, vital sign monitoring, and Photon Blast percent observation. There is also a mini "flatline transmitter" unit built into the Com-Unit. This transmitter activates when the vital signs of the wearer have flatlined. When activated, this transmitter sends a signal to the medical center on Pioneer 2. The receptionists there then "teleport" the wearer of the unit back to Pioneer 2 for immediate medical recussitation. On a final note, the whole unit itself can open up, allowing photon based barriers/shields to be inserted as well as non-photon based barriers to attach (slide on). This grants more defense for the Hunter. This handy device is essential for a Hunter's well-being and is used almost all the time.

5.) Titanium Back Plates: These titanium plates serve no extreme function, nor do they have any really important qualities. However, like the shoulder plating, they are made to resist a heavy beating. From past experiences in war and combat, the designers of the HUmar outfit realized that the back is generally exposed and vulnerable. So, in order to protect the Hunters from a back-attack, they added these plates. Again, they are lightweight and sturdy, and though these plates of titanium are thinner than those of the shoulders, the Hunter is rather well-protected.

6.) Lightweight Under Layer: This layer of the HUmar outfit is made of a synthetic material designed to breathe, allowing the Hunter to feel comfortable as well as allow him to remain mobile and flexible. Usually black, this layer leaves some protection against rain and water, allowing it to run off fast and easily, but provides little protection against heat and cold. So if the weather is windy and snowing, a Hunter wearing this will know it. But the Hunters Guild believes that "some protection is better than none at all."

7.) Durable Hiking Boots: The boots of a HUmar are another essential form of protection. The exterior is made of a durable material, similar to kevlar only somewhat thinner. The top of the foot is protected by several small steel plates. The toes of the boots have steel within them, for obvious reasons. And the soles of the boots have a comforting layer of a material used to massage the feet, protect from blisters and callouses, and absorb some of the impact from walking and running for miles on end.

furrypaws
Jul 10, 2008, 01:17 PM
Hm...interesting concept. Are you saying you want us to post pictures of our characters and do the same basic rundown? Or do you just want the pics for reference?

AlexCraig
Jul 10, 2008, 01:25 PM
I want the pics so I can add onto this. I made a better description of what I plan to do in my Social Group.

furrypaws
Jul 10, 2008, 02:01 PM
Alright, Shalo the HUnewearl would be glad to help. ^_^

Just wait a few hours until my brother gets off the comp. =P

AlexCraig
Jul 10, 2008, 02:04 PM
Alright! Just PM me the screens and I'll make the necissary edits. Then I'll add it to the first post! ^_^

beatrixkiddo
Jul 10, 2008, 04:23 PM
Boring summer eh? :wacko:

AlexCraig
Jul 10, 2008, 04:27 PM
No. Unemployed and nothing too much to mod.

Back on-topic, have you been able to get screens, Furry?

Nitro Vordex
Jul 10, 2008, 06:52 PM
I think it'd be better if you renamed this to PSO Uniform guide. Because it's not really fashion, it's more of like a key rundown of how the uniform works.

AlexCraig
Jul 10, 2008, 07:21 PM
Good point. *Edits*

furrypaws
Jul 12, 2008, 02:57 PM
I think I got screenshots, I just have absolutely no idea where to find them. Want to point me in the right direction?

Nitro Vordex
Jul 12, 2008, 03:47 PM
XP:

My Computer/Program Files/Sega/PSOBB folder(You'll see it)/bmp

They are all in there, though, try to save them as JPEG so that they upload better.

AlexCraig
Jul 12, 2008, 04:16 PM
Edited #4 for the HUmar. Something my brother and I discussed a while back, that I forgot to add in.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jul 12, 2008, 06:50 PM
Nifty, I am working on some Pos tech, but I haven't updated it in eons, made this years ago. =^.^;=

Weapons
________
Handguns-

Tools
_____
Monomate- Weak Healing liquid. Heals 70 Hit Points
Dimate- Medium Healing liquid. Heals 200 Hit points
Trimate- Strong Healing liquid. Heals all Hit Points

Monofluid- Weak Technique point restoring liquid. Restores 70 Technique points
Difluid- Medium Technique point restoring liquid. Restores 200 Technique points
Trifluid- Strong Technique point restoring liquid. Restores all Technique points

Antidote- Counteracts poison in the blood stream.
Antiparalysis- Counteracts paralysis in the body
Sol Atimizer-

AddSlot- A tool to carve out material in Armor and Frames to raise the Units to a maxumum of 4. It is a small cutting laser. Due to the unstable power cell, AddSlots can only have enough energy to carve out 1 slot for safety.

AlexCraig
Jul 12, 2008, 06:55 PM
Heh, cool! If you continue that, it'd be interesting to add. ^_^

Personally, I'd be glad if I can get all 12 classes done for this XD

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jul 12, 2008, 06:56 PM
XDDDDDDDD May take you several years too!

AlexCraig
Jul 12, 2008, 06:59 PM
~_~ At the rate of things now, yeah, you might be right...
Still waiting for someone to send me HUnewearl pics I can use (like the three of Alex).

Nitro Vordex
Jul 12, 2008, 07:19 PM
Well, what classes do you need pictures for still? I have HUcast, RAmarl, and FOmar available if you need pics.

Edit: Also, I always thought that the left hand also projected the photon shield as well.

AlexCraig
Jul 12, 2008, 07:28 PM
I might add more to it later. Stuff like barriers, armors, and units. I just have to think of how to put it and where to put it.

Edit: I have HUmar, RAcast, and RAcaseal.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 12, 2008, 07:31 PM
I can get you RAmarl pics if you need them.

AlexCraig
Jul 12, 2008, 07:35 PM
Hell, all three of yours will do great! I just need three pics of each (just like the ones in my first post).

furrypaws
Jul 12, 2008, 07:41 PM
I can't find them! >_<

I think I used the "package" download from the "main" server. The one you download, install, and it works. Does that change anything?

AlexCraig
Jul 12, 2008, 07:48 PM
I... have no idea.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 12, 2008, 07:57 PM
I can't find them! >_<

I think I used the "package" download from the "main" server. The one you download, install, and it works. Does that change anything?

First of all, what system are you running, XP? If you got the official DL, it should have a Sega or PSOBB folder in your Program Files folder.

To do this:

Click on "My Computer".

Now, go to your main drive(More than likely "C drive" or something similar), and open it.

Look for a folder that says "Program Files". Open it, then look through the folders for one called SEGA. Go from there.

Mark87
Jul 12, 2008, 07:58 PM
Wow this is really cool good job can't wait to see more

AlexCraig
Jul 12, 2008, 08:11 PM
Alright. This covers a lot more now. I will still have to think about armors. But I did edit #3 (regarding units/slots) and #4 (regarding barriers/shields).

Nitro Vordex
Jul 12, 2008, 08:35 PM
I'll get you HUcast pics sometime later today, Alex. :)

AlexCraig
Jul 12, 2008, 08:36 PM
Sweet! Thanks a bunch! ^_^

furrypaws
Jul 14, 2008, 08:39 AM
Not the official download. I've looked through just about all the files that came with it, and I can't find any screens. I'll keep looking though, or download PSOPC through a way that cannot be discussed on PSO world.

AlexCraig
Jul 14, 2008, 12:44 PM
I know with mine it is
C: > Program Files > SEGA > Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst > BMP
And that is where mine go.