PDA

View Full Version : To everyone who said to live with dupers and just ignore the

2Xtreme
Jan 27, 2003, 10:36 AM
I hope you're happy now.

Every time I ranted about dupers somebody had to spout off some crap like "It's not affecting you, so ignore them" or "Let them dupe, just don't accept the dupes and then it's not your problem".

Well guess where "ignoring dupers" and "letting them dupe" got us? It got us a wonderful patch from Sega that corrupts our characters. As I see friends (and myself) getting corrupted left, right and center, I hope you now see that duping does affect you. It's everyone's problem. It's not the dupers' fault that Sega didn't test their crapy new patch, but if there weren't dupers, Sega wouldn't have to release the patch, now would they?! By the way, if you reply to this post, please put the word "photon" at the top so I know you're actually reading the whole thing. If I don't see photon, I know to ignore your post. So, to everybody who told me to just ignore dupers and live with them, I hope you're happy now. Real happy.

And to the dupers, thanks for indirectly flushing 400+ hours of my life down the toilet, and doing the same to dozens of other people. Thanks a lot.

Mute
Jan 27, 2003, 10:57 AM
photon

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Well 2X, I'm truly sorry for you. I never thought about the situation like that. I mean all we really COULD do was ignore them right? It's a shame that it came down to this. Well, all I can say is, hopefully this will weed out some of the "unsavory" characters and that they fix this apparent problem. In the meantime, perhaps I'll manually delete all my characters and start anew anyhow. I mean sure, I'll flush around 400 hours or so down myself... but to what end? I walked away from probably three times as many hours on Diablo II. After having many sought after items and pretty high level characters, I just started over. What can I say about it? I enjoyed every bit of it. Just like PSO... nothing is quite like that fresh start. I mean, don't you miss the thrill of finding that first Gi or Ra technique with a FO character. It's all about enjoying the game in the meantime. I do, also realize that many people play for many different reasons. I'm, by no means, saying that mine is the BEST way. I'm just simply stating how I enjoy it. ^_^ And... if you truly enjoy this game, I hope to meet up and play with you some day.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mute on 2003-01-27 08:01 ]</font>

Tigger
Jan 27, 2003, 11:35 AM
Photon

I could understand wanting to start over, but I can't just dump all my characters like that. Heck I started a new RAmar a few days ago but I didn't touch the other two characters on my memory card. I can't go on completely from scratch because in my opinion that's just a waste of time.

Their are plenty of other games I play that I may start from the very beginning while keeping the other save files from later intravels. However I get really steamed when I unwillingly lose all my data, I had two playstation memory cards that got corrupted and one ps2 memory card that I lost. I know how bad it feels to lose everything you worked for. I haven't even had the heart to touch some of the games I lost data on, I either sold them or they're just collecting dust.

Memory card corruption is more then just losing game data, It's time theft, it's stripping away hours, hell days, and even weeks off my life span that I could have or should have used doing something else.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tigger on 2003-01-27 08:40 ]</font>

Mute
Jan 27, 2003, 11:53 AM
On 2003-01-27 08:35, Tigger wrote:
Photon

Memory card corruption is more then just losing game data, It's time theft, it's stripping away hours, hell days, and even weeks off my life span that I could have or should have used doing something else.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tigger on 2003-01-27 08:40 ]</font>

As long as you enjoyed the game in the meantime, I wouldn't say it was a waste. ^_^ I understand aboout the save loss though. It does take alot of dedication to get to a high level and the corruption would inevitably frustrate you unbelievably. However, its the lesser things in PSO that make it so great. Just don't take the time you play for granted. ^_^ ...you may find yourself awaking from an unconsious state of repeated item runs with a high level HUcast and start to wonder, is this fun? If not, I'm sure there's a few somewhat dusty game cases waiting to be opened once again. ^_^

ABDUR101
Jan 27, 2003, 01:22 PM
photon o_O

All you could ever do was ignore the dupers, because it was in ST's hands to patch up the game on their own time. ST patched it up, and guess what, if the patch is what was making your characters corrupt, that's ST's fault. They have the ability to test patches before they mass-release them on the main servers, whether they chose to or not is entirely up to them.

How you can blame dupers for ST releasing a patch that wasn't in working condition is beyond me. =

pixelate
Jan 27, 2003, 06:56 PM
Futon.

Why not blame Sonic Team for not catching the duping bug, allowing people to dupe in the first place, causing them to need a patch?

Seems a little misdirected.

LollipopLolita
Jan 27, 2003, 07:00 PM
button

st's fault for having loopholes, dupers fault for abusing loopholes, people's fault for wanting and accepting thereby encouraging dupes, and then st's fault for not fixing it or fixing it badly.

least they tried to fix it!

Vantamiath
Jan 27, 2003, 07:14 PM
I stick by ST. Hell it shows you they still care.

Guile
Jan 27, 2003, 07:59 PM
Why does someone always have to take the blame...?

Mute
Jan 27, 2003, 09:59 PM
...Because that is the nature of humans. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kid_Icarus
Jan 28, 2003, 01:41 AM
I already cancelled.

Makes me posting at PSOW kinda pointless now O_o

Oh well.

Raist
Jan 28, 2003, 01:46 AM
On 2003-01-27 22:41, Kid_Icarus wrote:
I already cancelled.

Makes me posting at PSOW kinda pointless now O_o

Oh well.

there's always offline play

Remnant
Feb 4, 2003, 03:35 PM
I remember someone saying that there is no dupe bug in our version, just that someone found out a method of duping through some strange means...no bug though...so is there a bug or no!?

BlackRose
Feb 4, 2003, 04:16 PM
foot on.

...If you think of corrupted character is time theft, what the hell were you going to use the time for? I mean, it's not like you get some big prize for getting a whole load of hours on the game...

does that idea make no sense to anyone else?

tiger80272
Feb 4, 2003, 04:18 PM
On 2003-01-27 22:46, Raist wrote:
there's always offline play

That is all that i do, what with no modem and all, but offline is still a lot of fun and there are still some good rares offline http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_turnip.gif

Ness
Feb 5, 2003, 07:19 AM
"photon"

Sonic team can be so stupid. They could have tested thier patch, but they didn't because they don't give a flying fuck about us. Them even releasing a patch is surprising.

Kid_Icarus
Feb 5, 2003, 01:48 PM
"Protoss"

They just did it to raise capital for PSO XBox.

*goes back to playing Netlink PSO*