PDA

View Full Version : I Think this game is probably going to be hacked

deso123
Jul 10, 2008, 12:30 AM
I just realized this game is probably going to be hacked to hell because it's not server side. I'm not so sure I'm gonna want to be playing this game online anymore. Hell, what if the people I know offline decide to play this and download cheats and save files? Oh lawd... Must stay strong... :-o

UnderscoreX
Jul 10, 2008, 01:43 AM
It's offline Multiplayer only, isn't it ?

zandra117
Jul 10, 2008, 01:49 AM
You can report cheaters to xlink kai and their access priveliges will be blocked.

AnamanaAU
Jul 10, 2008, 05:58 AM
So, play it like you played PSO, with your close friends in a locked game. People have always cheated on PSO/U. get over it.

Kizeragi
Jul 10, 2008, 07:28 AM
You can report cheaters to xlink kai and their access priveliges will be blocked.

This, plus I refuse to cheat in a game. So hit me up for some games if you want.

Weeaboolits
Jul 10, 2008, 12:31 PM
I think the multiplayer is local only.

landman
Jul 10, 2008, 12:57 PM
I Think this game is probably going to be hacked
You are a genius

Rayokarna
Jul 10, 2008, 02:39 PM
If people are gonna use Weapon heats and stuff it don't bother me. I'll be more than happy to keep playing.

Zantra
Jul 10, 2008, 02:44 PM
Also, this game probably won't be getting any kinds of updates, either.

(I like it when people state the obvious, don't you?)

Also, i'll be playing "hack free".

But I don't use Xlink, and I don't plan to.

Dragwind
Jul 10, 2008, 03:02 PM
This game is not online. Online issues do not apply, since it was not designed for more than multi-player with friends and the like concerning such issues.

If you chose to use a tunnel service, you probably won't be playing with complete strangers. If you do chose to play on a tunnel service and their ToS says you can report cheaters, then do so on there. Don't expect anything to be heavily moderated though as it wasn't designed for it.

deso123
Jul 10, 2008, 03:23 PM
The thing is, probably after a couple of weeks someone will release a save file with a char that has all the best equips and people will download and use it. Would be like playing a third person shooter because you wouldnt need to be looking for rares anymore. I'd go as far as saying that at least 50% of the community will focus more on hacking this game than playing it. This should be quite interesting.

Ken_Silver
Jul 10, 2008, 03:34 PM
I'm no expert on the PSP, but hacking the newer gen systems is not so easy.

Any game for the PC can be hacked, if the save file is kept on the PC itself and the PS2 version of AOTI is the one that you see being hacked so often.

The 360 version is the hardest to hack, but that doesn't make it impossible.

I don't know how efficient hacking is on the PSP, but I expect it to be harder than it is for the PC and PS2. In the end, I don't know how hard it is going to be to hack PS:P but at the same time, just how profitable will it be to hack it in the first place?

landman
Jul 11, 2008, 03:45 AM
Yes very difficult, you can copy sour save to your computer plugging in your Memory Stick, it should be very difficult to open this save file with a hex editor, or it will be very difficult to save and load till you get your best grinded weapon lol

Zantra
Jul 11, 2008, 06:02 AM
People will do whatever they want, and we don't need to try to stop them, or glorify them.

Just play however you want to, but most of the people on this board, will be playing hack free.

AnamanaAU
Jul 11, 2008, 06:25 AM
It would be amusing to upload a save to gamefaqs with a fat character with an annoying name.

landman
Jul 11, 2008, 09:21 AM
Like.... Kitty? xD

ashley50
Jul 11, 2008, 09:26 AM
Like.... Kitty? xD

now THAT is NOT funny...;l

Kizeragi
Jul 11, 2008, 09:30 AM
What PSP games HAVE NOT been hacked?

*insert all PSP games out to date here*

Every PSP game has been hacked in someway, so this one will be too.

Broodstar1337
Jul 11, 2008, 06:33 PM
I think fire will be hot.

blyr
Jul 11, 2008, 06:50 PM
I think fire will be hot.Now we're just coming up with outrageous theories.

deso123
Jul 11, 2008, 07:11 PM
you know what? im gonna pk all of you.

ashley50
Jul 11, 2008, 07:23 PM
you know what? im gonna pk all of you.

o rly? brrr....Im getting the chills now.

make sure to PK me first ok? I'll be waiting, in my room. Need my card?

deso123
Jul 11, 2008, 07:39 PM
then ill telepipe you back to the kitchen. :O

Reipard
Jul 14, 2008, 01:18 AM
this game is probably going to be hacked to hell because it's not server side.

Find me an offline game that hasn't.

I'm not so sure I'm gonna want to be playing this game online anymore.

Unless you have XLink Kai, don't expect to be going online with an offline game.

Hell, what if the people I know offline decide to play this and download cheats and save files?

Presumably they will be in the same room as you. You are fully capable of punching them.

TecherRamen
Jul 14, 2008, 05:49 PM
This game doesn't have a BKB in it does it?

Eyce_Theon
Jul 14, 2008, 06:35 PM
Hell, what if the people I know offline decide to play this and download cheats and save files?

Presumably they will be in the same room as you. You are fully capable of punching them.

Made me lol harder than it should have.

Additionally, with the no-trading measures in place, what they do to their characters likely won't influence yours at all. I don't forsee anyone bothering to use party-affecting malicious cheats either, being that you'll be playing with (presumably) local friends. Even if they do, the punching suggestion still stands.

Akaimizu
Jul 15, 2008, 02:21 PM
Well, likely unlike the old PSO games, you can probably back up your character data to all the places you want. That way, if the worst happens and someone finds a way to hack in order to screw someone else's character, then you have a backup safe.

On the other hand, the game does ask the user any time they want to save the data, so they can completely avoid that problem, so far. Unlike PSO, where saves were automatic.