PDA

View Full Version : PSP Perfect Bible announced!

EspioKaos
Jul 10, 2008, 08:48 AM
From Shougai PSO (http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/080710b.html), Enterbrain have announced the PSP: Perfect Bible, scheduled to be released in Japan on August 30! The book will retail for 2205 yen.

Well... with PSP not being online, I guess this version of the PB won't be outdated within weeks of its release like the previous two by drop and stat changes on SonicTeam's end. The only stuff I can see it missing would be future download missions that go past what SonicTeam have given the publisher.

Kizeragi
Jul 10, 2008, 08:52 AM
Very nice, good to see a Bible for this game now also!
However, PSP is online but only by using Xlink Kai, and the Datel Wifi Max accessory.
There's bound to be downloadable missions sooner or later. Monster Hunter has them, and look how successful that game really is.

Either way, good news!

Rayokarna
Jul 10, 2008, 09:48 AM
I might have to buy this....

EspioKaos
Jul 10, 2008, 10:37 AM
However, PSP is online but only by using Xlink Kai, and the Datel Wifi Max accessory.
That doesn't count. :-P I mean that data such as item drops, character and enemy stats, etc. which can be changed by SonicTeam at any time are on the UMD, not controlled by the game server (since there isn't one). The first two PB's were quickly made obsolete by SonicTeam altering various data weeks after the books were released.

There's bound to be downloadable missions sooner or later. Monster Hunter has them, and look how successful that game really is.
Yes, indeed. SonicTeam will unveil their first downloadable mission(s) on July 31. One that's shown on the official site is an exchange mission called "Unrecorded Order." Says that it takes place in a WEAPONS Research Facility (or something to do with PSO's WEAPONS organization), so I'm thinking this is where you'll take your WEAPONS Badges to swap for PSO-based weapons.

Dhylec
Jul 10, 2008, 11:57 AM
Heh, that's fast. Thanked to the game being offline, the book is at least usable until the next upgrade. ;D

blyr
Jul 11, 2008, 11:01 AM
This is awesome, hopefully someone will post up the info and get it translated, so we can be lazy and not have to manually mark down everything we find XD

bankichoob
Jul 14, 2008, 08:05 PM
so what exactly is this perfect bible.

EspioKaos
Jul 14, 2008, 08:26 PM
so what exactly is this perfect bible.

Basically a strategy guide. It has information on the game's weapons, line shields, units, photon arts, missions, etc.

Chibi_psu
Jul 15, 2008, 09:04 AM
Actually psp has the memory stick so a bigger update is a possibility.I hope they get some nice content download

Akaimizu
Jul 15, 2008, 12:19 PM
I'm not expecting anything too big for the update. Especially since this is a well advanced version of PSU compared to the original PSU release.

I would expect perhaps some inventive use of the content we do have, to make missions with the combat zones that have a unique twist to them. Include some puzzles they can add in to pre-existing levels, etc.

On the other hand, PSU's lower resolution graphics and data may allow more diverse content to be used within the confines of the memory cards. It'll be interesting, but I know I'm buying the game for the pre-existing content with no big expectations, otherwise.

Arika
Jul 20, 2008, 09:56 PM
So the release date is August? but now is 20 July, and I can't find anysite that allow me to pre-order yet.

Mike
Jul 20, 2008, 11:26 PM
Rakuten doesn't have a listing yet, but it did have this neat extra kit:
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/amiami/tvg-psp-0376/