PDA

View Full Version : Expired

Cube
Jan 27, 2003, 11:47 AM
Who here has canceled their Hunters License? I was so close to doing it last night, as I havent played PSO in weeks... However, I decided not to. 8 bucks a month isn't bad, even for a game you may only play once or twice a week if that. I'll admit im no longer adicted to PSO, but I still don't have the will to let it go!

UMMON
Jan 27, 2003, 11:50 AM
I look around at my vast collection of games and always end up playing PSO. I haven't even found anything great yet so I still have a push.

I played episode 2 for the first time last night, and its like a whole new game, just wish it had quest.

Yurika
Jan 27, 2003, 12:35 PM
I'm on the verge of cancelling... This whole recent corruption fun thing that's going on with the new dupe fix online is scaring me the hell off. It seems kind of pointless for me to spend $9.00 a month to stay offline because I feel the need to do sacred "please don't corrupt my character" dances when I go online.
I dealt with this crap on DC, but there it was mildly preventable in the sense that if some jerk came into your game and had a screwy name and didn't talk, he was almost assuredly going to NOL your ass, and I'd just disconnect the modem and quit out, and join back in. You kept your nose out of Oberon, and you had a long life expectancy. With GC, it's just pure random. I like to gamble, but I don't think it's worth gambling away two characters. Sickeningly enough, *hides behind flame shield* I'd not mind a Gameshark or whatever now. The rare item economy has already been screwed up from the december and half of january duping wars, and since we can get corrupted without warning from the server's magic kill beam... A gameshark would most likely allow a dupicate save. Sure, duping duping, blah blah blah, PK PK, blah blah blah, but it's just the same as DC. Legits are going to hang with legits and bitch about non-legits, and plenty of people will get FSOD, whatever. But as far as this PSO and the DC PSO, they only real difference between the two is that you could predict when your ass was going to get fried on DC. On GC, it's just the hand of god.

Offline multiplayer is just as fun as online anyways. I'd rather there not be any stupid corruption problems because online is fun as hell. Sure, it's a pain without a keyboard most of the time, but it's livable. As long as I'm not going to randomly be erased, that is. I've already restarted on a official card from nintendo, because I was worried my crap nyko card I got (because I spent all of my stupid paycheck on the cube and the game at the time and needed some memory card, and ten bucks was all I could get, in change no less. heh heh... the look on the guy's face at best buy was priceless though. ^___^) would corrupt faster than a red-headed stepchild if I went online with it.
ARGH. ARGH. ARGH.

Blenjar
Jan 27, 2003, 12:50 PM
I have cancelled my account early january and I'm still able to play since its active..I was playing yesterday online.

Percival
Jan 27, 2003, 12:59 PM
I've thought about it since the BSOD/Double Save corruption incident reports but I'll wait a little and see. I no longer go on quest online, I just chat and role play since there is no saving involved in the lobby. I'll wait about a month and if there has'nt been a fix I'll cancel my license and play offline.

Mute
Jan 27, 2003, 01:15 PM
T_T

If you do leave for sure, you will be missed Percival!!!

RuiN
Jan 27, 2003, 01:56 PM
I'll probably cancel by the end of next month.
I'll soon have .Hack, Xenosaga, and DMC2 to waste my time on. Hopefully in March there will be news on FFXI online...but I doubt it :|

Percival
Jan 27, 2003, 02:15 PM
Mute >

That's awfully nice of you to say that.

I'll give ST some time to try and fix this issue. In the meantime, It's offline and Online Lobby only for me.

TerribleDeliMeat
Jan 27, 2003, 02:18 PM
Even though I'm just killing time till PSOX and don't have GCN version...probably cancelling it for now is a good idea...assuming ST offers no official word that they're trying to fix the double save bug.

Its not like your character becomes inactive and wiped if you aren't online.

If Microsoft handles the fees similar to Sega (carry over rather than renew once a month), I'll certainly cancel it when I feel I wont be playing it for weeks upon weeks.

Now, if ST issues an official statement saying they're working on it and plan on having it fixed soon...and you aren't clogged down by new releases and still get your jollys playing online...well..there's no reason to cancel then.

But thats stating the obvious http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jan 27, 2003, 02:35 PM
I'm cancelled until c7-c9 come out. If no changes are made to this saving crap, I'll just buy another memory card 59 and do challenge mode until my brain explodes :3

Kasera
Jan 27, 2003, 03:15 PM
Canceled as well. Not worth playing online to lose hundreds of hours of work thanks to the double save BS