PDA

View Full Version : Tatsunoko vs Capcom

Rayokarna
Jul 10, 2008, 04:11 PM
Im suprised this hasn't been mentioned...

I died watching this trailer. And was Revived from watching it again. Can Capcom pull off a double. I think they might...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VliCgYTgyJU

Nitro Vordex
Jul 10, 2008, 04:18 PM
It hasn't been mentioned I'm guessing, because no one knows what Tatsunoko is.

Also, maybe they don't intend to port it either. I dunno.

I'm still waiting for another MvC game. It'd be the best fighting game ever.

Monochrome
Jul 10, 2008, 07:29 PM
It looks great, I just wanna know: WHERE THE HECK IS KARAS? They simply cannot leave out Karas!!!

Rayokarna
Jul 10, 2008, 07:32 PM
Not all the characters are confirmed yet so no need to worry lol.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 10, 2008, 08:55 PM
Wait, what is Tatsunoko anyways?

Freshellent
Jul 10, 2008, 09:04 PM
It looks great, I just wanna know: WHERE THE HECK IS KARAS? They simply cannot leave out Karas!!!

I loosely base some of my CAST parts on Karas. ( No seriously. )
But yeah, I agree.

I think ShinAnt linked me this ages ago, when they announced Tekkaman I nearly cried with joy. One wonders what else they'll bring to the roster though, I'm really excited.
Soki from Onimusha is fucking outstanding though.

One, tiny pet peeve about Chun's voice... I wish is was her 3rd Strike one. But that's just me.

Also, VIEWTIFUL JOE GO! PLEASE!

Tatsunoko is like one of the big grandaddy's of anime though. Speed Racer, Gatchaman, Samurai Pizza Cats, chit like that. Real old school stuff.

The gatling combo system is welcome though, should lead to some great matches. I can't wait.

Toadthroat
Jul 10, 2008, 09:14 PM
Well I had no idea what a Tatsunoko was but then I wikipedia'd it.
So I read and as I went down the list of anime's I was like...Eh, So far I only recognize Gatchaman and I never really watched that anime anyway. But then I went further along and then I saw SAMURAI PIZZA CATS and ROBOTECH and HOLY SHIT NEON GENESIS EVANGELION!!!! Holy shit they better have some Angels and Pizza Cats in this game.

Freshellent
Jul 10, 2008, 09:29 PM
If nothing else, I'd like a fight to take place aboard the SDF-1 with super bad engrish j-pop blasting in the background with Zentradi on Veritech combat IN MOFUCKIN' SPACE.

Dek
Jul 10, 2008, 11:38 PM
Well I had no idea what a Tatsunoko was but then I wikipedia'd it.
So I read and as I went down the list of anime's I was like...Eh, So far I only recognize Gatchaman and I never really watched that anime anyway. But then I went further along and then I saw SAMURAI PIZZA CATS and ROBOTECH and HOLY SHIT NEON GENESIS EVANGELION!!!! Holy shit they better have some Angels and Pizza Cats in this game.

You may have noticed already, but a lot of their work was in the 70s and 80s.

However, I wouldn't mind seeing some appearances from stuff they did in the 60s (most obvious nomination would be Racer X from Speed Racer). The other show I would love to see characters from is SoulTaker (awesome series in case you haven't seen it yet). Plenty of fighters to pick from in that series.

Anyways, as far as gameplay looks, seems like it's MvC, but 2.5D.

Saner
Jul 11, 2008, 12:40 AM
If Speedy, Guido and Polly (Samurai Pizza Cats) are not playable in this, the game is instant fail. :p

PhotonDrop
Jul 11, 2008, 02:41 AM
If Speedy, Guido and Polly (Samurai Pizza Cats) are not playable in this, the game is instant fail. :p

BULLSHIT Do you not see Ken Washio and Gold Lightan? Those boring little felines will be lucky to see support roles.

Personally, I'm REALLY suprised by how Morrigan isn't a sprite.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 11, 2008, 09:49 AM
HOLY CRAP! o.o
That game looks totally awesome. I am SO getting this.

Omega_Weltall
Jul 11, 2008, 09:57 AM
dood i just came in my pants @_@... i need a towel >_>;

Apone
Jul 11, 2008, 10:09 AM
Its about time capcom made another versus style game. I dout it'll see a stateside release because of all the licenses involved with those other characters. Just like those Shonen Jump games.

Sord
Jul 11, 2008, 10:22 AM
is there any video out that doesn't have such crap quality?

Rayokarna
Jul 11, 2008, 11:26 AM
Its about time capcom made another versus style game. I dout it'll see a stateside release because of all the licenses involved with those other characters. Just like those Shonen Jump games.

http://kotaku.com/5021345/capcom-usa-investigating-tatsunoko-vs-capcom

There is hope...

Fure_Rakune
Jul 11, 2008, 11:36 AM
How dare Capcom decide to use a new version of Morrigan!
I was half expecting the to re-use the old Darkstalkers sprite-based body of hers, as theyve been using it for the past decade of fighting games.

Apone
Jul 11, 2008, 07:33 PM
Wow! if they do get around the licensing issues I will get this game. (I used to import EVERYTHING but nowadays its just too much of a bother anymore)

Merumeru
Jul 14, 2008, 11:35 AM
XD the characters theme plays when you switch them in??

fucking awesome X3

NGX
Jul 17, 2008, 03:27 PM
I've been waiting SO long for another Vs. game, I hope they bring this overseas. Remember the large bosses in the other Vs. games (Onslaught, Apocalypse, and Abyss)? How much do you want to bet there will be an NGE Angel boss.

ShinAnt
Jul 17, 2008, 03:52 PM
How dare Capcom decide to use a new version of Morrigan!
I was half expecting the to re-use the old Darkstalkers sprite-based body of hers, as theyve been using it for the past decade of fighting games.

Your kidding right?

Anyhow.

Yeah I stumbled on quite a few scans a while back.
Should have shared them with you folks.

Which I'll do now.
Most recent that shows Soki from Onimusha, NEW Morrigan, Tekkaman, Alex from SF3, and a few others.
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s244/ShinAnt1234/1215447649591.jpg

This is the first one that was shown in Famitsu, that first announced it.
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s244/ShinAnt1234/1211413395566.jpg

This is probably something fans of Old school Anime (like Einhart) Fanservicy type games (*cough* me *cough*) and all around 2d fighting Fanatics have been waiting for.
The game loosely looks like a Marvel Vs. Capcom Title. with the mid character switch and Team Specials.
Plus since it's a type of game, Lets hope the roster will blow us away.

I think a few of you folks have mentioned some faves. (Viewtiful Joe, Speed Racer, etc)
Anybody else you guys think should be in here?
I looking forward to this much more than Street Fighter 4. That's just me though.

NGX
Jul 17, 2008, 03:59 PM
Oh yeah, I like this style of fighting games much more than the traditional style. They better include Akuma, Cyborg Akuma from Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter would be cool too. That was my only beef with MvC, it didn't have Akuma. Yeah you could transform to Evil Ryu but ehh.

NGX
Jul 17, 2008, 09:30 PM
Oh! I would love to see Akira from Rival Schools in a Vs. game too, some Breath Of Fire characters would be cool. Dante from DMC or Seig from Chaos Legion would kick azz.

Dek
Jul 17, 2008, 10:35 PM

Don't give up your hopes just yet. A lot of the anime that was produced by Tatsunoko was brought over to America, but their names were changed as well as the content being edited. However, that shouldn't be a reason alone to bring it over...

Mach Go Go Go was changed to Speed Racer
Gatchaman was changed to Battle of the Planets
Uchū no Kishi Tekkaman was changed to Tekkaman: The Space Knight (obviously)
Robotech was a heavily edited version of Super Dimensional Fortress Macross. Certain clips were reused, many events changed compared to Macross, etc. It was almost given a Power Rangers treatment when Saban had the rights.

Evangelion already aired several times on Adult Swim. The same for SoulTaker on TechTV/G4.

Again, surprisingly, a lot of the stuff has been dubbed, and seeing how much of a downfall dubbed anime has taken (Geneon shut down and ADV has been having some issues as well), it wouldn't be much of a surprise if the companies who have the rights to any said anime would want to try to gain some sort of royalties from this project if it comes to America.

Libram
Jul 18, 2008, 01:54 AM
Grah!

The Marvel and Marvel vs Capcom series were my favorite fighting games, and if these play the same general way then I pray we get this.

ShinAnt
Jul 18, 2008, 04:05 AM
Here's the thing though. If look at the Kotaku link that was posted earlier.

There might be some licensing issues.

Which due to that. We lose out on some great games (the JP licensing laws as you can see are not the strict like the one on our side of the earth)

But at least Capcom US. is looking into it.