PDA

View Full Version : Story Mode Translations? D:

pikachief
Jul 10, 2008, 05:51 PM
Does anyone know or anyone think that anyone will translate the story mode?

If someone can translate what they are saying in the story mode i'm just gonna import this lol it was easier to get into than i thought it would be XD

Raiza
Jul 10, 2008, 05:58 PM
Import it, and learn katakana. I've heard from some people it's not that hard.

deso123
Jul 10, 2008, 06:07 PM
katadjgjfd is the main written japanese language? i heard there's several

pikachief
Jul 10, 2008, 06:16 PM
no but its the one most games are in.

CAVAOUBIEN
Jul 10, 2008, 06:26 PM
the fact that you can decypher Katakana doens't necessarily mean you will understand the story. I have no problem reading the Greek alphabet, but I still don't understand the greek words!
Without Hiragana, Katakana, and an actual understanding of the Japanese language, you won't be able to make anything out of it.

pikachief
Jul 10, 2008, 06:32 PM
eeh idc after playing the demo now i want to play the full thing badly! lol so i wont get the story oh well :P

Squeezit
Jul 10, 2008, 06:36 PM
eeh idc after playing the demo now i want to play the full thing badly! lol so i wont get the story oh well :P

i can translate katakana and hiragana into english letters, and sounds but...
thats the extent of my knowledge :P

i suppose i could always translate the rest via freetranslations.com buuut im too lazy ;o

pikachief
Jul 10, 2008, 06:37 PM
the onyl thing i'll really be weorried about missing is how to get the different endings lol but if the endings only change in story line not gameplay then idc but i know its not D:

Fry_Heit
Jul 11, 2008, 02:45 AM
The japanese language has "three alphabets" : hiraganas, katakanas and kanjis. Kanjis are the very complicated little shapes, and hiraganas and katakanas the easy ones.
Katakanas are extremely often used for "imported" words, and more specifically English ones. For example in PSU, you find words like "Community", "Monomate" and a lot weapons. So katakanas won't help you understanding the story (well, a bit, since for example the word "terrorist" can be found sometimes) but most of the menus and what you pick up. The only problem is that it is written with a Japanese pronunciation, so you have to guess the words out by yourself.

Seority
Jul 11, 2008, 03:38 AM
To bad I learned how to "speak" Japanese and not "write/read" it.
Smart one am I! :'D

landman
Jul 11, 2008, 03:40 AM
It's not the same reading than understanding, to begin with a normal Japanese can't read ALL the Japanese kanji alphabet, and a normal student can't barely read a newspaper so I think only someone with great understandong of the language will be able to translate the story mode.

DreXxiN
Jul 11, 2008, 07:05 AM
Demo coming soon.

Interpret that any way you will, :P

Fry_Heit
Jul 11, 2008, 08:32 AM
If you post that here, does it mean you're doing a translation? :p

AnamanaAU
Jul 11, 2008, 08:55 AM
Good to see someone not being a jerk and just translating it. Needs less elitism.

Fry_Heit
Jul 11, 2008, 11:31 AM
What I know is that if any English patch releases, I'm to translate it in my own language (French) - with the agreement of its owner of course :).
I'm also all set to translate the full game in that manner if Sega doesn't release any French version of the game that is.

Ken_Silver
Jul 11, 2008, 01:46 PM
Thanks to anyone doing a translation.

It's a fact of life that no one person will be able to read any language. Translators will always be needed, whether they are human or mechanical.

In the end, I will still try to pick up the language, but that could take a while.

Dragwind
Jul 11, 2008, 03:02 PM
If you do include any translations, please use the spoiler-box.

THOTH
Jul 12, 2008, 12:45 PM
I work for Rosetta Stone....so yeah, I have one advantage. I'm traveling to Japan in April, so I better learn something...urg.

SabZero
Jul 12, 2008, 01:53 PM
I work for Rosetta Stone....so yeah, I have one advantage. I'm traveling to Japan in April, so I better learn something...urg.

Really? I love that software! ^^