PDA

View Full Version : No free roam.

Newman_Gh0st
Jul 11, 2008, 10:32 AM
Man thats the only thing i dont like about this game.
I mean i guess it would take up too much memory to let us walk around freely.

W0LB0T
Jul 11, 2008, 10:51 AM
I find this streamlines the whole process of getting around. it was always annoying to have to walk the whole way back to your room in story mode.

AnamanaAU
Jul 11, 2008, 10:56 AM
Yeah, if it's only 4 players max, then why have towns at all? Unless you like Fat NPCs and ghosts?

blyr
Jul 11, 2008, 10:58 AM
I find this streamlines the whole process of getting around. it was always annoying to have to walk the whole way back to your room in story mode.
Yep.

It was also INCREDIBLY annoying to have to walk all the way from the G.R.M. shop to the flyer base to do missions, etc, etc.

SO glad they changed to this system.. I mean, it kinda sucks to not be able to see your character walking around 'n such... but for a game that's offline, you don't really need to anyways.

Fry_Heit
Jul 11, 2008, 11:21 AM
I think this is also to make the game look more like PSO. When you think of it, PS:P really does look like PSO in many ways; no more synth, big cities... Just some hope-in-and-play, so newscomers who did enjoy PSO can enjoy PSU easily.

AnamanaAU
Jul 11, 2008, 11:24 AM
PSO had pioneer 2 >_>

Fry_Heit
Jul 11, 2008, 11:28 AM
Yeah, right, but still you get the idea. In PSO you don't have to walk during hours to find the mission you want to do and all. Here PS:P is like PSO in the sense that you have all the missions available at a few counters and not scattered around 3 giant planets. You don't have to look for millions of ingredients to try your luck at synth an item, now you just find it, that kind of things.

deso123
Jul 11, 2008, 11:35 AM
pioneer was awesome especially with the telepipes

Kizeragi
Jul 11, 2008, 11:36 AM
It's better this way imo. No need to constantly run around.

Ezodagrom
Jul 11, 2008, 11:52 AM
Yeah, right, but still you get the idea. In PSO you don't have to walk for a few minutes to find the mission you want to do and all. Here PS:P is like PSO in the sense that you have all the missions available at a few counters and not scattered around 3 small planets. You don't have to look for millions of ingredients to try your luck at synth an item, now you just find it, that kind of things.

Fixed xD
On PSU going from a neudaiz counter to for example a parum counter would take like 5 mins...(but, well, on an offline version, it's better how they're making on PS:P).
And the 3 planets, or they're really small, or GUARDIANS can't go anywhere in those planets...3 planets, each of them only have 1 city we can go...yay ^^;

panzer_unit
Jul 11, 2008, 01:33 PM
Monster Hunter Freedom 2 introduced a similar change... it's got nothing to do with PSO, this is one place the developer can save play-time and more importantly battery life for actual gameplay.

Ken_Silver
Jul 11, 2008, 01:49 PM
The bigger lobbies suited an Online RPG game, but they only take up space on PS:P.

They are needed in AOTI but not in PS:P.

Make use of what you need and don't need. Thank Alpha Systems for that.

Zarode
Jul 11, 2008, 07:51 PM
Ah

Ga

Ubwaaaaaaaaa.

It was for the best. Did you want the demo to be 1gig+?

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
Jul 11, 2008, 11:28 PM
Ah

Ga

Ubwaaaaaaaaa.

It was for the best. Did you want the demo to be 1gig+?

The real game will not also have you traversing planets on foot either... -_-

Squeezit
Jul 11, 2008, 11:53 PM
Yeah, right, but still you get the idea. In PSO you don't have to walk during hours to find the mission you want to do and all. Here PS:P is like PSO in the sense that you have all the missions available at a few counters and not scattered around 3 giant planets. You don't have to look for millions of ingredients to try your luck at synth an item, now you just find it, that kind of things.

i could be wrong, but im pretty sure when the game comes out your still gonna be running from planet to planet.
however i think that it will load a lot faster and you wont actually be Running

besides even in PSO-offline, i still preferred the running around towns.
im sure they ddi it this way though to save space on the psp for missions
(look at me talk like i know wtf im talking about even though im only guessing ;o)

blyr
Jul 11, 2008, 11:58 PM
This system is the "final" system.. it's been announced several times... check the PSP thread by EspioKaos, all the info is in there. =P

Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology (Also by AlfaSystem) uses this way of getting around, so yeah~

Squeezit
Jul 12, 2008, 12:01 AM
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology (Also by AlfaSystem) uses this way of getting around, so yeah~

i was actually thinking about that as i posted that post =P

Zarode
Jul 12, 2008, 12:50 AM
The real game will not also have you traversing planets on foot either... -_-

Crying over milk, man. :|

At least this game stays true for the most part, in the parts where it needs to count.

Kizeragi
Jul 12, 2008, 06:32 AM
Crying over milk, man. :|

At least this game stays true for the most part, in the parts where it needs to count.

Exactly, AFK in lobbies is fun but that can stay on a true online game. They got everything right I think.

deso123
Jul 12, 2008, 12:27 PM
Companies don't spend that kind of time and resources to rewrite how the game is played just for a demo. Use your head.

pikachief
Jul 12, 2008, 01:04 PM
Yeah, if it's only 4 players max, then why have towns at all? Unless you like Fat NPCs and ghosts?

i do :>

Lonigan
Jul 14, 2008, 12:26 AM
I also was a little off-put with the new lobby system, but after running through the demo a few times, I can see how the streamlined effect really improves grind times and general mission runs. Let's see what happens with official content updates etc. The might implement waiting rooms or areas for you and your team to hang out and have yum-cha.

Reipard
Jul 14, 2008, 01:08 AM
I also was a little off-put with the new lobby system, but after running through the demo a few times, I can see how the streamlined effect really improves grind times and general mission runs. Let's see what happens with official content updates etc. The might implement waiting rooms or areas for you and your team to hang out and have yum-cha.

Won't happen. They will have downloadable missions, but there will be no content updates. This lobby system is final for PSP :P.

Besides, what would be the point? It's not an online game. In the non-XLink multiplayer model, you'd be in the same room with your team physically where you can talk all you want :P.

Akaimizu
Jul 14, 2008, 12:34 PM
I actually like this setup. I know it's nice to wander around a city as your avatar, but this seems to show that they are more concerned with PSP loading speeds. Not only that, but they're paying attention to the portable market. Portable games are the best place to have more (skip to place) menus in them just for those reasons. That's thinking with the idea that you want to have the ability to play in as short sessions as possible.

You want to handle your town stuff quickly and go straight to the fun. Besides, if you want to model your character around, you're free to do it in the field. :)

Kizeragi
Jul 14, 2008, 12:42 PM
Won't happen. They will have downloadable missions, but there will be no content updates. This lobby system is final for PSP :P.

Besides, what would be the point? It's not an online game. In the non-XLink multiplayer model, you'd be in the same room with your team physically where you can talk all you want :P.

I don't wanna be like the people in that trailer though... D: