PDA

View Full Version : Hit %

Zack_Morris
Jan 27, 2003, 03:49 PM
I'm just starting to get some good weapons and I was wondering if someone could explain to me the "Hit" in some rare weapons. I'm sure it has to do with accuracy but what is a good percentage for a weapon? I have a Justice with 10%, is that good? Can you get a 100% weapon??

gamematrix
Jan 27, 2003, 04:18 PM
Yes, hit % does have to do with accuacy.
Even with your characters accuarcy maxed he will still miss alot, depending on the characters max.

Hit % helps quite a bit with weapons specials in particular.
By default, a weapons accuracy is lowered by useing a special attack.
But, if the weapon has a hit % that with miss much less.

The most common hit %'s range from 10-50.
50 is very good in ult and hardly ever misses.
50% is very rare though so hang onto it no matter what kind of weapon it is.
Maybe you can change it into another weapon, like a dark weapon or another weapon upgrade.

People have reported seeing 100%, although I have never seen this.
When I was on normal I get a cane with 80% hit, but I didn't know how good this was so I discarded the weapon. :/

Hot % also help with megid and freezing enemies for some reason.
Luck doesn't help these spells at all though.

I hope that helped, I certainly didn't know much about this in the past.

-GAMEMATRIX

Taaj38
Jan 27, 2003, 04:22 PM
I'm pretty sure Hit % works with all spells, it's just that it's easily noticeable with megid for obvious reasons.

The highest % I've ever heard was 80%, and I've heard of 80% being quite common on 1975 Arigatos, only to be reduced to N/A by converting it.

Zack_Morris
Jan 27, 2003, 04:26 PM
Thanks a lot! That helped clear up a lot. So no matter how many times I find a Varista or Club of Laconium ALWAYS check for a hit %? I usually just throw them in the bank with the rest of them. Thanks again for your help.

Taaj38
Jan 27, 2003, 04:31 PM
Always check the base photon percentages before you Tek a rare. You can get up to 10% tacked onto that % if there is one.

So if you find a Visk 235-W with 15/20/0/35-10% Hit percentages, in theory you could get 25/30/0/45-20% Hit.

Keep in mind you can also loose percentages so be patient.

Yurika
Jan 27, 2003, 04:59 PM
can:P I can buy stuff from the store like railguns and stuff with a 50% hit. And I'm not jerking you around. There was a partisan (uh, not a partisan, and not a glaive... that third named one... ugh, brain no think) this morning in the store with a 50% hit and a 10% a.beast. I thought about buying it, but figured it wouldn't be worth it. There was also some cane with a 50% hit this morning. You can get some really decent % 'normal' weapons from the store. The store never sells stuff with more than a 50% rating, and at most % in only two categories, I've found. I'm waiting for some gaitlings or vulcans with better than a 15% hit to show up in there. ^_______^

Zack_Morris
Jan 27, 2003, 04:59 PM
Really?? So if I say no to the tekker there is a chance that I could increase the percentage by 10??

Taaj38
Jan 27, 2003, 05:02 PM
Indeed you can

gamematrix
Jan 27, 2003, 05:15 PM
I'm glad I could help. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

-GAMEMATRIX

dude3282
Jan 27, 2003, 08:42 PM
I once found something nice in Normal mode, a normal Wand with either 45% or 55% Hit, too bad it had to be a frikkin Wand! And then my card got corrupted.

Sephiroth4902
Jan 27, 2003, 09:01 PM
How did it get corrupted

Blue-Hawk
Jan 28, 2003, 12:30 AM
On 2003-01-27 13:22, Taaj38 wrote:
I'm pretty sure Hit % works with all spells, it's just that it's easily noticeable with megid for obvious reasons.

The highest % I've ever heard was 80%, and I've heard of 80% being quite common on 1975 Arigatos, only to be reduced to N/A by converting it.

hit % has nothing to do with techs. only weapon hit connections and specials. i just found me a vulcan today with 10 beast and 60 hit.

gamematrix
Jan 28, 2003, 03:37 AM
blue-hawk,
I beg to differ.
I like to test things, so I tested a 40% hit summit moon and 0% hit summit moon with megid in the control area.
With no hit %, megid only would work every 5th time, if that.
With 40 % hit, megid killed nearly every time.
Of course it never works well on red monkeys, but everything else died in one shot.
So there you have it, hit % does effect megid.
I have also tested this with rabarta.

-GAMEMATRIX