http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=m3E1VPuLACo&feature=related

Or is it a simple trick ?

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=FFJm10zt_fA&feature=related

See at 0:40

Maybe not a trick....

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=tW6pVFOpE6Q&feature=related

Toadthroat
Jul 13, 2008, 02:50 PM
I don't think those videos prove anything conclusive. The first one is definitely a fake. The third...Who can say. I do believe that its possible that tribal shamans and witchdoctors may be able to tap into some source of power for their "miracles" or whatever you wanna call them. Or maybe they simply heal people through coincidence. WHO KNOWS.

Darkly
Jul 13, 2008, 03:27 PM
this thread is in the same vein as the psionics one, so my views are the same.

I refuse to believe a low qulity video shot at night that apparently shows a man levatating. How do you know the video men wern't in on this hoax too?

This doesnt mean im close minded though, its just that theres too many possibilities for it to be fake: why can he only leviate several feet into the air, if he can manage the amazing feat of leviatating, why cant he go even a little higher, like all levitators, wouldnt this mean they can fly?; why doesnt he move in either direction, so they can all hover but never move along the ground, shouldnt direction be arbitery?; why is it that all possible instances of levitation only involve small distances in dodgy looking setups - i would presume if its possible, shouldnt they be able to improve their skills and indeed go higher etc.

all this leads me to the conlusion that the leviators are operating within the limits to the magic tricks they used. People are easily pursuaded and showing an unexplainable video suddenly means its true? hardly.

The bottom line is if the power of the mind is able to do these great feats why have we never seen any kind of evolution of these powers, and why arn't they being more investigated than a few scientists on a spooky tv show?

Zorafim
Jul 13, 2008, 04:20 PM
I am required by my faith to believe that Levitation exists. So I say that it does exist, because the bible says so apparently.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 13, 2008, 04:37 PM
this thread is in the same vein as the psionics one, so my views are the same.

I refuse to believe a low qulity video shot at night that apparently shows a man levatating. How do you know the video men wern't in on this hoax too?

This doesnt mean im close minded though, its just that theres too many possibilities for it to be fake: why can he only leviate several feet into the air, if he can manage the amazing feat of leviatating, why cant he go even a little higher, like all levitators, wouldnt this mean they can fly?; why doesnt he move in either direction, so they can all hover but never move along the ground, shouldnt direction be arbitery?; why is it that all possible instances of levitation only involve small distances in dodgy looking setups - i would presume if its possible, shouldnt they be able to improve their skills and indeed go higher etc.

all this leads me to the conlusion that the leviators are operating within the limits to the magic tricks they used. People are easily pursuaded and showing an unexplainable video suddenly means its true? hardly.

The bottom line is if the power of the mind is able to do these great feats why have we never seen any kind of evolution of these powers, and why arn't they being more investigated than a few scientists on a spooky tv show?

Because according to the scientists in the psionics thread, it puts an incredible amount of stress and pressure onto the person who is doing it. As far as we know, moving sideways might result in him dropping dead.

Although, I've learned not to believe things like that from a movie, so many things can be done to a video it's rediculous. When I see it for myself, I'll believe it. I think it's a possibility. If they are levitating for real, there's probably something they are tapping into or working with that lets them do that, but moving sideways for example could break whatever balance they had going on.

Fly? They are only human after all, they can't go 100 feet in the air and expect to land safely, now can they?

Also, for your last statement. The reason stuff like this hasn't evolved, is because of the skeptics. Since they don't think it exists or is a cheap trick, why would they practice it? The people who do believe it exists, are the people you see trying to do it or in these movies. Granted, some of them are obviously fake, but the ones that are "unexplained", those can be proof that people do believe it can happen.

Split
Jul 13, 2008, 04:59 PM
Levitation?No. Never. No psionics either.

Katrina
Jul 13, 2008, 06:41 PM
I dunno how 'bout the power of flight?
That do anything for ya? That's levitation, holmes.
How 'bout the power to kill a yak from 200 yards away...
with MIND bullets! That's telekinesis, Kyle.

Ranmaru
Jul 13, 2008, 06:47 PM
I love that song, lol. Anyways, I wouldn't have an interest in Levitation, I would like to stay on the ground please. I once had a nightmare where I was floating and I could not stay down. :(

NPCMook
Jul 13, 2008, 07:34 PM
According to Wingmakers (http://www.wingmakers.com/arrow/indexr.html)(a religion). Most Psionics/Levitation is only possible through believing its possible. Which this could possibly hold true if we weren't so indoctrinated to believe its not true, it would take a great amount of willpower to tell yourself something is possible when all your life you are told its not.

Kadajenova
Jul 14, 2008, 03:16 AM
According to Wingmakers (http://www.wingmakers.com/arrow/indexr.html)(a religion). Most Psionics/Levitation is only possible through believing its possible. Which this could possibly hold true if we weren't so indoctrinated to believe its not true, it would take a great amount of willpower to tell yourself something is possible when all your life you are told its not.

Totally agree, most of the pple are indoctrinated, not only about levitation, about ghosts, UFOs, 911 ect.... I don't claim these things are true or not, I just think by myself.

UnderscoreX
Jul 14, 2008, 09:39 AM
I've seen hentai that's more believable than levitation.