PDA

View Full Version : DC ultimate mines cant damage?

Akira-san
Jul 13, 2008, 02:31 PM
as of now im playing PSO v.2 the dreamcast version :-P i plan on getting teh GC one in the future. but heres my problem, im about lvl 110 now i think havent played in a bit, on ultimate diffuculty i can clear teh forest easily and mines but once i go to the mines im greeted by the ultimate gillchics or wutever and i can only do 0 damage. im a hunter and using a redgun that i have grinded all the way. so anyone know wut the problem is? i even tried other weapons since i heard on DC version u wont stand a chance without a v.2 weapon on ultimate that being i used a ancient saber still 0 damage. any tips/advice? or do i just need to be a higher lvl or just get teh GC version lol. THX

Ryna
Jul 13, 2008, 02:44 PM
Before we go any farther, what type of hunter are you using? Also, what other equipment do you have available to you? Anything with Machine %?

DC_PLAYER
Jul 13, 2008, 02:54 PM
You face the same problem as me, i almost quited pso because of that, i had everything maxed, including a red handgun, so why did it seem that mines would take hours to finish?

I mean, let's imagine you clear mines, can you do the same as in the previous difficultys, meaning could you turn your dreamcast and say "now i'm going to do forest caves and mines"?
You can't say it, mines takes ALOT of time and it's the most boring area of all.
Enemys have 1700 DFP, on gc or pso bb the strogest enemys online have 1100 DFP and you have a truck load more weapon choices.

What to do?
- You can clear mines simply by using rafoie, even as a hunter you do 80 damage perhaps, it takes hours but atleast mines becomes clear.
OR
- You find % weapons, one info you didn't give was the char, so i don't know if you can use techs or not.
Shifta is a must, zalure is optional but can hel alot, but your main key to success is POWER, increase it by finding % weapons.
When the game calculates the final ATP, it uses the % in the final part of the equation, so the more atp you have, the more will the % affect.
another info i don't have is your id, but i can assure you that some weapons with % can do miracles on your char.
Red handgun
Red saber/ ancient saber (depends on id)
Red dagger (caves vulmer)
Red sword (caves crissom assassin)
Imperial pick (all id's exept redria, ruins merlan)
Srank needle (online challenge mode mode only)

These weapons can be found way more easily then any other ver.2 weapon, the drop rate is aceptable so with time you will find for sure more then 1 of each.

If your a HUcast, raise a mag with twins phonton blast, equip 4 pb create and then do the areas, once you have the pb, use twins, the lvl 22 shifta on the hucast will be awsome and last for lot's of time, during that time the 4 pb creates will help you gain the necessary pb to use twins again.
you must not depend on twins pb to kill, it merely helps you kill faster.

how to kill sinows?
Simply make them stuck if possible, like i show in the movie.

How to kill easily a baranz?
Unfortunatly i don't know due to forum rules if i can tell you, it's a target bug wich i think you will find on your own, but since it's a bug i don't know if it's cheating or not, currently i don't need it, but i remember when it was usefull to me and the best is, IT WORKS

My video, i once did a movie, i have in my equips some specific weapons, including 3 red handguns and 4 imperial picks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gobKVmgwpBY

Need a more detailed guide, use this one i made:
http://www.ragol.co.uk/guides/EEyuuVVFZpFwGlTGuf.shtml

Good luck and good hunting.

Akira-san
Jul 13, 2008, 02:54 PM
im using a cast and the only v2 weapons i have is a red handgun and ancient saber i believe both are at 0% machine

and DC_Player awesome thx for the tips! and my id is a skyly. but many thx on the tips ill be sure to give em a try

DC_PLAYER
Jul 13, 2008, 03:05 PM
A hucast, try to use mag twins.
also, isn't skyly the id wich finds chain sawds like candy? like 1/16 from govulmers or something like that?

remember that the max % on ultimate is 45, if you tek it it will become 55 %, so if you go online and someone gives you a 60 % red handgun then it's a hack.
For your info, the red handguns i used in the video are very high on %, one has 40/0/0/45 and the other is 50 % machine, took me ages to find it, but it was worth it.

Found also a great weapon, whitill also gets it, but the drop rate is far higher, so make some use of your id and find this one.
Meteor Cudgel Ultimate Dark Bringer -- 1/3104

Akira-san
Jul 13, 2008, 04:39 PM
A hucast, try to use mag twins.
also, isn't skyly the id wich finds chain sawds like candy? like 1/16 from govulmers or something like that?

remember that the max % on ultimate is 45, if you tek it it will become 55 %, so if you go online and someone gives you a 60 % red handgun then it's a hack.
For your info, the red handguns i used in the video are very high on %, one has 40/0/0/45 and the other is 50 % machine, took me ages to find it, but it was worth it.

Found also a great weapon, whitill also gets it, but the drop rate is far higher, so make some use of your id and find this one.
Meteor Cudgel Ultimate Dark Bringer -- 1/3104

ok ill do that =) and yea i found like no j/k 6 chainsawds in one run on caves ultimate :-P but yea ill keep hunting for the high % red handguns or red series weaps. thx dc player

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jul 14, 2008, 02:41 AM
Yeah good tips, and if you think Ulti Mines is fun, You'll love Ulti Ruins.

furrypaws
Jul 14, 2008, 05:39 AM
I have a question/tip. Aren't the Barances the same as in PSOGC? If so, can't you just run around them a few times so they shoot rockets at themselves and self-combust? If you want to get EXP, you can just shoot them from a very far distance once you've dodged the first round of missles.

And, man, if EP2 was on PSODC...PW4 actually would be impossible. XD

DC_PLAYER
Jul 14, 2008, 08:29 AM
I have a question/tip. Aren't the Barances the same as in PSOGC? If so, can't you just run around them a few times so they shoot rockets at themselves and self-combust? If you want to get EXP, you can just shoot them from a very far distance once you've dodged the first round of missles.

And, man, if EP2 was on PSODC...PW4 actually would be impossible. XD

Well, i just make like a bullfigher and let the missiles run around me over and over, while this stuff is happening i use my red handgun to shoot the baranz, sometimes the missiles miss me and end up running around me and hitting the baranz when he is extremely close.
Running around them is also a good idea, keep in mind that if they kill themselves you get less exp.
I beleive Akira-san will find a target bug on the baranz, it's a matter of time really.