PDA

View Full Version : TL;DR

Iduno
Jul 14, 2008, 03:47 AM
<Rant>
Well I've seen this around forums quite a bit and finaly learnt what it means and I feel the need to rant about it.

If you didn't read a post why do you feel the need to respond to it at all!

Seriously its just the most pointless abrieviation which is usualy just a blatent attempt to increase post count that I have ever seen, it just screams out "screw the topic just let me increase my e-peen".

</Rant>

Darkly
Jul 14, 2008, 05:46 AM
that's the point, people are trying to piss the OP or whoever by saying it.

I think it has practical uses as well, saying it to someone who writes a wall of text with no paragraphing or anything can ensure im not going to bother to read it.

also, not everyone has time to read a page long text, so if you put a tl;dr summary they can get the gist of what your saying but not in the same detail.

Night_Raid
Jul 14, 2008, 07:38 AM
...Y'know, these "GOD THIS THING PISSES ME OFF" Topics would go a lot smoother if everyone would tell you what the hell it is that pisses them off to begin with. Hell, TL;DR could stand for "The Leukemic Dragon Riders" for all I know.

UnderscoreX
Jul 14, 2008, 09:30 AM
...Y'know, these "GOD THIS THING PISSES ME OFF" Topics would go a lot smoother if everyone would tell you what the hell it is that pisses them off to begin with. Hell, TL;DR could stand for "The Leukemic Dragon Riders" for all I know.

What, it doesn't ?

Iduno
Jul 14, 2008, 01:45 PM
TL;DR stands for too long didn't read.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 14, 2008, 02:19 PM
I'll say this again: Everytime I see tl;dr, I think of this pronounciation:
turtledur.

Don't ask, I don't know why either.

Night_Raid
Jul 14, 2008, 03:52 PM
TL;DR stands for too long didn't read.

You're kidding. Right? That has to be the second most frivolous thing I've ever heard of. If you're such a lazy bastard that you can't be bothered to read through the topic you've clicked on. Just sit down and shut your word hole...Obviously you didn't read it if you didn't post. So why bother posting a comment displaying your lack of will to post? It's just like when you post a question on the internet and you get some nutsack who posts some variation of "I dunno" in response. Just so you guys know, the first person on PSOW to even THINK about typing out TL;DR from this point on is getting the Night Raid ass booting of justice

Night_Raid
Jul 14, 2008, 03:53 PM
Sorry but TL;DR, what are we yelling about again?

Brainwrecked
Jul 14, 2008, 04:03 PM
TL;DR -- What Bush et al consider the US Constitution.

TL;DR -- What most people think of an EULA.

TL;DR -- Implied when people obviously didn't RTFM.

Shadowpawn
Jul 14, 2008, 04:07 PM
TL;DR -- Implied when people obviously didn't RTFM.

But life doesn't have manual! D: I think tl;dr is funny. It's right up there with gtfo and stfu.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 14, 2008, 04:10 PM
You're kidding. Right? That has to be the second most frivolous thing I've ever heard of. If you're such a lazy bastard that you can't be bothered to read through the topic you've clicked on. Just sit down and shut your word hole...Obviously you didn't read it if you didn't post. So why bother posting a comment displaying your lack of will to post? It's just like when you post a question on the internet and you get some nutsack who posts some variation of "I dunno" in response. Just so you guys know, the first person on PSOW to even THINK about typing out TL;DR from this point on is getting the Night Raid ass booting of justice
tl;dr

Just kidding.

People sometimes do that when they read the first sentence, which is followed by a wall of text.

AlexCraig
Jul 14, 2008, 04:23 PM
If you ever see someone post "tl;dr" as their post, report the post as it is considered spam/trolling.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 14, 2008, 04:25 PM
forgot to add:

Or it could always be for....you know....the lulz
Translation, it's barely allowed in FKL. >_>

Weeaboolits
Jul 14, 2008, 06:21 PM
This annoys me too. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136773)

Toadthroat
Jul 14, 2008, 07:16 PM
Sometimes people are too wordy and verbose with their posts.
These times are appropriate for tl;dr.
Why spend 6 paragraphs when you could have easily said something in 1?

Nitro Vordex
Jul 14, 2008, 07:20 PM
Sometimes people are too wordy and verbose with their posts.
These times are appropriate for tl;dr.
Why spend 6 paragraphs when you could have easily said something in 1?

Absolute truth.

Too long? Scan or hit that back button baby.

Iduno
Jul 15, 2008, 02:37 AM
This annoys me too. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136773)

o sorry didn't realise the thread was a duplicate lol

Weeaboolits
Jul 15, 2008, 01:00 PM
o sorry didn't realise the thread was a duplicate lolIt isn't, I posted that one five months ago.