PDA

View Full Version : Freeloader coming soon and PSO date slip.

BendMeOver
Jan 27, 2003, 04:25 PM
Rumours are rife that the new Action Replay/Freeloader will allegedly be with us with in 10 days. If this true you may want to import your PSO. The reason I say this is because the march 7th date seems less and less likely
Although the server network is almost completely ready and the modem is unofficially going on sale at the same time as the PSO game. To bring the 3 things together (including HL) from so many different companies is a lot harder than first thought
We will keep you posted if anything changes.
__________________________________________________ ___
sourse:
www.gcpso.tk (http://www.gcpso.tk/)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BendMeOver on 2003-01-28 00:57 ]</font>

rena-ko
Jan 27, 2003, 05:55 PM
ok, rumors, right... rumors will stay rumors , i will believe it the moment i actually see the reallife-package of that freeloader with my own eyes.

other than that - why is march 7th unlikely? just because? everyone had more than enough time to get everything ready and i think noone rushed things...

and as i remember, march 7th is a friday and its set that every game/hardware (at least from nintendo and in europe) gets released on a friday. so i dont think it would be such a big problem to have pso + modem/bba available on that day...

BendMeOver
Jan 28, 2003, 03:59 AM
these are more than just rumour but by law we have to say allegidly.

this info came from a very good source

marcus_com
Jan 28, 2003, 05:55 AM
You might wanna tell us exactely what this "source" of yours is. Because I and the rest of us Europeans are sick and tired of waiting for the game. We want it now.

rena-ko
Jan 28, 2003, 06:10 AM
lol, i imho waited for so long now, i can wait that mere month as well (especially with this little fsod-problem being around) ^-^

then again, even if the freeloader would be released i wouldnt buy it since this would support this particular cheatdevice...

Wewt
Jan 28, 2003, 07:30 AM
I remember a long debate in the Cheaters forum, regarding Action Replay's release. The guy was arguing that it would be released in January, and was very persistant on the fact it would be released in January. Only a few days left.

NoeGenisis
Jan 28, 2003, 07:30 AM
On Nintendos official Euro site it clearly states that the game, bba and modem will ALL be released on the 7th March i think an official site is really good "source" of information.

Wewt
Jan 28, 2003, 07:32 AM
On 2003-01-28 04:30, NoeGenisis wrote:
On Nintendos official Euro site it clearly states that the game, bba and modem will ALL be released on the 7th March i think an official site is really good "source" of information.

Is that sarcasm, or are you new to video games?

rena-ko
Jan 28, 2003, 08:39 AM
On 2003-01-28 04:32, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:
Is that sarcasm, or are you new to video games?

if it wouldnt be so sad it wouldnt regret i just laughed so much....

no really - seen infogrames.de for infos about pso? infogrames.co.uk? - nothing...
and nintendo.de is babbling about you can heal others being a nurse (i think they mixed something up a little bit....)...

NoeGenisis
Jan 28, 2003, 08:39 AM
lol

BendMeOver
Jan 28, 2003, 04:25 PM
At the end of the day, it is not just down to ninty weather the game gets released, it is down to sega but not just down to them, it is also down to infrogames too.

Now the guy at infrogames allegedly claims not every thing will be ready on the 7th the infrastructure for the online game part is not ready enough.

The guys at ninty told me personally that (allegedly) the modem will be ready by the 7th of March same as the game.

Sega has told ME personally (this is not hear say or from one person to another) allegedly it is very unlikely that everything will be ready in time and we cannot sell a game which has online the title with out it being able to go online. (possible liable you see)

Jack
Jan 28, 2003, 04:46 PM
On 2003-01-28 13:25, BendMeOver wrote:Sega has told ME personally (this is not hear say or from one person to another) allegedly it is very unlikely that everything will be ready in time and we cannot sell a game which has online the title with out it being able to go online. (possible liable you see)

Why would Sega tell you and no-one else?

marcus_com
Jan 28, 2003, 04:53 PM
It's not exactely as if they've been short on time so if they cannot make it to March 7, thats really bad.It's been like 4 months(in march that is) from the US release and with the fact that it only took like 1½ month or something from JP to US it's embarresing.

BendMeOver
Jan 28, 2003, 06:04 PM
On 2003-01-28 13:46, Jack wrote:
Why would Sega tell you and no-one else?

not i dont mean itlike that but what i am saying is i phone every one once a week and ask them o you could cal it hastle them lol

but what i mean is im not reporting something i have read it is whatr the marketing guy at sega told me he is only sayiong it is pretty unlikely we will all be ready in time with out being unde the same roof/

BendMeOver
Jan 29, 2003, 04:36 PM
do not tell them you are a reporter etc. say you are a concerned gamer

telephone no's.
------------------------------------------
infrogames:0161 827 8060
sega:(ask for marketing) 0208 995 3399
datel:01785 810 838
nintendo: 02380 623200

Kasual
Jan 30, 2003, 05:10 AM
I've looked around quite a few UK retailers sites and a lot of them are saying Freeloader/Action Replay will be released on 7th March but as always these are just retailer estimates. On the official CodeJunkies site, the moderator guy in the forums is saying what he always says 'They will released when they are ready'. But going on past experiences, i reckon they are still at least a month away from release.
As far as PAL PSO goes, games publishers usually only give out a definite release date when a game is finished and the loose ends are being tied up. Giving false dates only results in them getting hassle and moaning from us, the disappointed gamers. If PSO was definitly not being released on 7th March they would have probably said so officially by now. It's best to give them the benefit of the doubt until they do say something. Anyway any delay will probably be only a week or two, not monthes.

NoeGenisis
Jan 30, 2003, 07:07 AM
Ill go along with that, also in the nom Nintendo mag(European)they were invited to a press conference on the 7th Jan and told about release dates etc... and was told 7th march the guy asked about BBA etc and was told 7th march, now why say 7th march to then go 2 weeks and change it? I know things are held up but to announce the intended release date so close to release date is a good sign because things MUST be close to being ready for it to be mentioned in an official press conference.

Kasual
Jan 30, 2003, 07:56 AM
I'd like to add to what i said above. Although Freeloader will be cool, not having to buy a mod US/JAP Gamecube and all the hassle and cost that involves, i'm hoping that Action Replay never sees the light of day. Even it being delayed for six monthes will be a blessing, it will at least give me a little PSO playing time in safety. Hopefully Datel will give up the ghost because of the trouble it is having getting Action Replay released although this is just wishful thinking on my part.

rena-ko
Jan 30, 2003, 10:00 AM
On 2003-01-30 04:56, Kasual wrote:
I'd like to add to what i said above. Although Freeloader will be cool, not having to buy a mod US/JAP Gamecube and all the hassle and cost that involves, i'm hoping that Action Replay never sees the light of day. Even it being delayed for six monthes will be a blessing, it will at least give me a little PSO playing time in safety. Hopefully Datel will give up the ghost because of the trouble it is having getting Action Replay released although this is just wishful thinking on my part.

yes, thats also my opinion - i'd even sacrifice being able to play animal crossing for a cheater-free pso...

BendMeOver
Jan 31, 2003, 04:38 AM
On speaking to sega today I can confirm that infrograms will still be publishing PSO and the delay still might happen please direct all your questions to infrograms if you want to know about the release dates and stuff.

Remember you heard it here first.

Also spoke to date not code junkie and they have confirmed Freeloader and action replay is ready and going out on time. they will be releasing a press release today

Jack
Jan 31, 2003, 04:52 AM
Please, don't copy and paste the same response over several topics and forums. It's tantamount to spamming.

Zolpner
Jan 31, 2003, 05:03 AM
and as i remember, march 7th is a friday and its set that every game/hardware (at least from nintendo and in europe) gets released on a friday.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif that makes sense to me cause here its being released on the 14th and we usually get games on friday or saturday http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif(i think... lol)