PDA

View Full Version : How often do you find Red weapons?

Acid_Rain
Jan 27, 2003, 05:06 PM
I looked at the charts for my Yellowboze ID, and it says that Bartles drop red handguns and other enemies drop the other red weapons, but after 30+ runs through ult forest, nothing has materialized so far.

This is getting very annoying for such a simple rare.

How often do you find them preytell?

Elixer
Jan 27, 2003, 05:44 PM
i found red partisan from crimson assassin from viridia and a red handgun from pal dont remember id i think it was redria thou

angelzeero
Jan 27, 2003, 08:55 PM
found 3 RED HANDGUNs, 1 RED SABER and 1 SILENCE CLAW all in one run in Ult Forest 1 on DC v2 offline...
(im Whitill RAmar)

Maelkith
Jan 27, 2003, 09:01 PM
i must have killed 150 tollaws before i found a red saber. they are somewhat rare, but not impossible to find. keep your chin up and hunt some more. it will pay off soon i bet.

DemiDeviMatt
Jan 27, 2003, 09:08 PM
none...

Acid_Rain
Jan 27, 2003, 10:34 PM
On 2003-01-27 17:55, angelzeero wrote:
found 3 RED HANDGUNs, 1 RED SABER and 1 SILENCE CLAW all in one run in Ult Forest 1 on DC v2 offline...
(im Whitill RAmar)

I'm on the Gamecube version. They are actually rare in this version. They drop like flies on the DC v2.

Eden
Jan 27, 2003, 10:36 PM
i've found one...a red saber dropped by a hildetorr. As you can tell I was pissed

Brundidge
Jan 27, 2003, 11:45 PM
I got my red handgun off a pal rappy on my first try. But it took me like 12386234 tollaw to drop a red saber. Redria ID http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Para
Jan 28, 2003, 12:01 AM
wheres this chart to see the item drop?

Angarwaen
Jan 28, 2003, 12:13 AM
I found a red saber once, whoo hoo!

Grimsoar
Jan 28, 2003, 02:36 AM
I found a Red Handgun from a Pal Rappy and a Red Sword from a Melqueek with 35/20/0/20!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif I quickly ground it up to the max http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

CajunSamurai
Jan 28, 2003, 03:59 AM
Haven't found jack yet. :/ Probably due to the fact that my only Ultimate level character at the moment is Skyly, and I uh... got blown away by the one and only Hildetorr that I've seen (offline, would've given me a Red Saber if I was lucky). Oh well...

Deus-Irae
Jan 28, 2003, 04:06 AM
i am Yellowboze too and have done approx 5,000,009 Forest and Soul of Blacksmith runs (i may be over estimating a tad). im level 129.

i have found a BUNCH of red sabers (im guessing you have too?), but not 1 red handgun. a little frustating...

others have confirmed finding them in the ITEM bbs, so they are supposed to be there.

sounds like you havent spent too much time in the forest yet (compairativly) so keep trying!

i am! GL!

DELTRON_ZERO
Jan 28, 2003, 06:21 AM
i've found 1 redhandgun offline but i knew nothing about red sabers being found by yellowboze players...also..what id finds red mechs? and is it confirmed that yasha and yamigarasu are even in this game? you would figure that somebody would have it by now.

Phobos-X
Jan 28, 2003, 08:13 AM
unfortunatley, no i havent found any red type weapons, but i have found a shitload of booma claws!

I got my red handgun off a pal rappy on my first try. But it took me like 12386234 tollaw to drop a red saber. Redria ID

i heard somewhere that the Redria ID had fewer Red weapons drop, is this true?

EsperJ
Jan 28, 2003, 09:00 AM
i heard somewhere that the Redria ID had fewer Red weapons drop, is this true?

Still, could be worse.

Not as bad being a Pinkal, eh?

Acid_Rain
Jan 29, 2003, 03:14 AM
On 2003-01-28 01:06, Deus-Irae wrote:
i am Yellowboze too and have done approx 5,000,009 Forest and Soul of Blacksmith runs (i may be over estimating a tad). im level 129.

i have found a BUNCH of red sabers (im guessing you have too?), but not 1 red handgun. a little frustating...

others have confirmed finding them in the ITEM bbs, so they are supposed to be there.

sounds like you havent spent too much time in the forest yet (compairativly) so keep trying!

i am! GL!

I haven't found any red weapons at all so far.

I keep finding useless Custom Rays though.

Gigano
Jan 29, 2003, 04:00 AM
Found a Red Sword off of a Melqueek in Ult caves this morning with my Redria character.

Vitamin_D
Jan 29, 2003, 12:38 PM
The only red Weapon I found was a Red Handgun....but that was on Ver. 2. >_< I jsut want a Red Sword dammit...

Maelkith
Jan 29, 2003, 01:50 PM
in order for me to get a red sword i created an entirely new skyly character. no red sword yet after 205 hours, but i lavished chainsawds upon many friends. if you really want a red weapon, consult the charts and make a force in the desired section id.

forces (especially fomars) advance quickly, and can handle ultimate easier. if you are a hunter you will find suitable gear for a force to use. save it up, and when you have a decent force starter package give them a huge head start. if you are using a force you can make a ranger with a head start. mag raising beforehand is also key.

its almost neccessary for a hunter to make an "item finder" secondary force to suppliment his item inventory. multiple characters of varying sections can help aquiring all the red weapons.

this may seem like a long solution to finding red weapons, but its a fun deversion. getting four characters to ultimate allows me to find a wide aray of interesting things, all of which i can use.

fyrewyre
Jan 29, 2003, 05:13 PM
Thats what i did by accident. Last week i woke up and turned on my pso fun box and went offline to jump a few hundred exp points ahead and i noticed that im finding huner weps on my redria fomar and im finding high lvl spells on my redria hucast. the only question is: Why?

Auracom
Jan 29, 2003, 10:21 PM
I haven't found any yet either. I'm hoping to find one soon. I've been on Ult for a long time. I've got some nice rares though.

Para
Jan 29, 2003, 10:25 PM
well im oran and so far after two runs in the ultimate forest i found red handgun and red saber

Daybringer
Jan 29, 2003, 10:54 PM
not as bad as being Pinkal, eh?

What is so bad about being Pinkal?

agahnim
Jan 30, 2003, 01:16 AM
Actually, my Pinkal FOmar just stumbled onto a Red Saber about an hour ago... It was probably just dumb luck, but still.

I just wish I was that lucky with the freaking Pal Rappys.

Tryce
Jan 30, 2003, 09:33 AM
I played through caves countless times searching for a red sword or chainsawd to the point where I avoid opening boxes of fear of finding some crap wep and ruining my chances(which probably isn't true, but it does make me feel better). Needless to say, I still haven't found it, but still trying. Anyone know if luck might have something to do with it?

Acid_Rain
Jan 30, 2003, 10:48 PM
On 2003-01-30 06:33, Tryce wrote:
I played through caves countless times searching for a red sword or chainsawd to the point where I avoid opening boxes of fear of finding some crap wep and ruining my chances(which probably isn't true, but it does make me feel better). Needless to say, I still haven't found it, but still trying. Anyone know if luck might have something to do with it?

Real life luck yes. Luck stat, no.

Luck stat affects critical hits ONLY.

Celes152
Jan 30, 2003, 10:51 PM
With my old Redria I had about 4 or 5 Red handguns and sabers, and a few Red Swords.

Tryce
Jan 31, 2003, 01:38 PM
Thanks Acid, that is a whole lot of help, for safety I actually tried equipping luck items...im a doofus!