PDA

View Full Version : Use your damn blinker

Weeaboolits
Jul 15, 2008, 11:59 AM
I do not enjoy waiting for you to pass, only for you to slow down and turn at the last second, by which time, the rest of traffic has already caught up and I have to wait for them too.

Powder Keg
Jul 15, 2008, 12:13 PM
That's why you don't let them pass.

Brainwrecked
Jul 15, 2008, 12:13 PM
I saw someone try to make a right into a Burger King.....FROM THE PASSING LANE. HE STOPPED IN THE PASSING LANE! Even dumber when you consider THERE WAS A TURNING LANE he could have used to MAKE A U-TURN further up the road! And this option WAS IN PLAIN SIGHT!

Weeaboolits
Jul 15, 2008, 12:28 PM
That's why you don't let them pass.I've little choice in the matter when making a left turn onto a divided bypass.

Anduril
Jul 15, 2008, 01:21 PM
It seems that most people get stupider when put behind the wheel of a car. I still can't understand what is so hard about pulling a lever up or down to let other people know what you plan on doing? Maybe they think everyone else is psychic and can tell exactly what they are thinking. Let's not forget my favorite kind of people: the one's who cut across 3 lanes and end up just barely missing you with no warning whatsoever. I personally think that people should have to retake the driving exam each year to prove that they are safe and competent drivers.

TheOneHero
Jul 15, 2008, 01:29 PM
Blinker? Safe Driving? What is this nonsense!?

Phoenix drivers are the worst I've ever seen. (I've lived/visited nearly every state in the continental USA.)

At least Natural Selection is still in effect, there's accidents nearly everyday in the Phoenix area do to stupidity. :wacko:

The best thing you can do in this case is just drive more carefully and work on reaction times. =/

Seority
Jul 15, 2008, 01:29 PM
I blame the people who allow those people to pass. I passed mine by driving for less then 10 minutes, and I only parked the car twice. I know I'm a good driver, but what if I was completely clueless on the highway? >_<'

Aisha379
Jul 15, 2008, 01:49 PM
By far the worst area to drive in is Italy. I saw a video of it before on TV, tried to find a Youtube counterpart but to no avail.

This is why I always try to take the least populated roads to places though. Of course, sometimes thats not possible...

I once saw a guy in a huge pickup truck go into reverse and BACK UP for about 50 feet on a 4 lane road to make a turn he (apparently) missed...

But yes, turn signals = important. I even use them at T intersections >_>

Blitzkommando
Jul 15, 2008, 03:02 PM
I have come to the conclusion that most people drive with a broken left arm. They can still change gears and steer (for the most part) but can't seem to work their left hand on the blinker.

Intersections that I have come to loathe are those where you pass the light and within a hundred feet the right lane ends and has to merge left. The end result is assholes that want to bypass the packed left lane by speeding down there. When given the opportunity I rev up and hold to the car in front because it is so irritatingly common. What's worse is they don't bother even signaling during their little escapades. Who ever came up that such road designs likely have a basement full of leather bikinis and whips.

Sekani
Jul 15, 2008, 05:32 PM
Phoenix drivers are the worst I've ever seen. (I've lived/visited nearly every state in the continental USA.)

Atlanta drivers are the worst. True story.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 15, 2008, 05:42 PM

At least Natural Selection is still in effect, there's accidents nearly everyday in the Phoenix area do to stupidity. :wacko:
Sadly enough, he ain't kidding. :disapprove:

Ketchup345
Jul 15, 2008, 06:27 PM
In some areas, it seems as if using your blinker makes people behind you speed up to not let you in.

Also, on the topic of blinkers, I hate cars that use the same light to indicate stopping and turning. This is especially true since probably 30% of the cars I see have at least one tail light out.

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Insurance/Insureyourcar/P151501.asp

Weeaboolits
Jul 15, 2008, 06:58 PM
Here's a crude diagram of the situation I was talking about, since I already went through the trouble of making it after misreading one of the replies.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/Ronin_Cooper/usedamnblinker.jpg

Nitro Vordex
Jul 15, 2008, 07:23 PM
Lookin' at that diagram I think you would have crashed if you'd turned. >_>

Aisha379
Jul 15, 2008, 07:56 PM
Indeed. Jerk without blinker saved your life today, you should be thankful D=

TheOneHero
Jul 15, 2008, 08:15 PM
Sadly enough, he ain't kidding. :disapprove:

90% percent of the people going 30 miles over the speed limit, no blinkers, weaving in and out of traffic, no regards for right of way, and often times they've also been drinking!

This is the place to be. :wacko:

Nitro Vordex
Jul 15, 2008, 08:17 PM
90% percent of the people going 30 miles over the speed limit, no blinkers, weaving in and out of traffic, no regards for right of way, and often times they've also been drinking!

This is the place to be. :wacko:

I'd be the other 5%. The living.

The other other 5% are the result of the 90%, usually the same people.

ITT: DEAD.

Weeaboolits
Jul 15, 2008, 09:28 PM
Indeed. Jerk without blinker saved your life today, you should be thankful D=Had he used his blinker I could have went, the cars behind him were pretty far back, also you have to stop between the two medians on this sort of setup.

Doin't get me started on how I hate those either.

Mixfortune
Jul 16, 2008, 12:40 AM
Yeah, we're talking about turning onto a larger road when a car in the intersecting road is turning right toward the direction you came from. You could even use this situation for simply turning right onto the road and instead of turning on their signal to indicate they won't be going your way, you can turn.

Obviously you can't "not let them pass" because if they ARE going straight, you're ramming right into them. It's because they look like they're going straight when they are not because they didn't signal that Ronin is complaining.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 16, 2008, 01:28 AM
We know, we're poking fun at his diagram. :)

I do hate it when people don't use blinkers though. I still ride a bike and it pisses me off when people signal at the last minute. Even worse, they're usually on cell phones.

HANG. UP. AND. DRIVE.

Seority
Jul 16, 2008, 02:53 PM
Everywhere has the worse drivers.
:wacko:

Fossil
Jul 17, 2008, 10:35 PM
Don't even get me started on drivers... that is my biggest pet peeve is having to deal with IDIOTS on the freeway EVERY GOD DAMN DAY!

I honestly consider myself a superior driver excluding someone in a Formula One or in NASCAR because I pay attention and don't cause an accident everytime I hit the brakes. I've got a car to handle that kind of shit and deal with stupid people too.

Anyways, what pisses me off the most is people that slame on their brakes when the car infront of them is 5 car lenghs ahead. Not only does this cause traffic but then if someone rear ends them, they are fucked.

PEOPLE THAT CAN'T MERGE IN TRAFFIC in the morning PISS ME OFF!!!! How hard is it to keep the pedal constant and move inbetween 2 cars?! NOT HARD AT ALL! That is 99% of the reason there is rush-hour in any city is because PEOPLE CAN'T MERGE! And you have the idiots who stop completely with a blinker on to get over which backs everyone else up. Then people that brake because other people are driving slower than them or they have their brakes on 3 lanes over which doesn't affect them at all but they do it anyways. THANKS ASSHOLE!

And then you have idiots on cellphones. I'll be honest, I use my cellphone if it rings while I'm drivng, BUT I PAY ATTENTION TO THE ROAD! I don't slow down, not use my blinker or have poor reflexes because my mouth is running. I drive exactly the sameway I do if I wasn't on the phone. It isn't a distraction for me. But for other people it's like smoking a pound of weed. They don't pay attention, they cut you off and babble their mouths off, drive slow in the fast lane, they can't turn without slowing down half a mile in advance because they are running their mouths off in the phone probably gossiping about the stupid shit the deal with in their life that they think makes them important to other people when they spread the word.

OMG LOOK AN ACCIDENT! LET'S STARE AND SLOW DOWN AND NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THE ROAD!

I swear to god if I didn't have performance brakes on my car I would rear-end every fucking car infront of me just to teach them a lesson. If I was law, 99% of the people on the streets would not have a license or a vehicle because they don't deserve it.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 17, 2008, 11:58 PM
No offense, but I don't care how good of a driver you are, if you're on a cell phone, I'm gonna yell at you.

Seority
Jul 18, 2008, 03:18 AM
No offense, but I don't care how good of a driver you are, if you're on a cell phone, I'm gonna yell at you.

Agreed.
I know that some people can do this fine, but 99% of them can't, so I'd prefer it if no one does it, not even me. Let that phone ring. If it's deathly important call, go to the emergency side, slow the car, and stop. Then answer your phone, and don't start driving till the call is over and the phone is stuck back somwhere you can't reach it.
Focus on the road and others around you before anything else. But no one does the safe thing anymore.

Fossil
Jul 18, 2008, 03:19 PM

That's fine, but you wouldn't know I was on a cellphone anyways because I have limo tint on my car. :wacko:

Jainsea
Jul 19, 2008, 02:23 PM
And people want hover cars 0_o;? We cant even drive normal cars well enough!
Yea I hear you though Ronin >< I'm a very careful driver but accidents still happen =_=
I remember when I went on vacation to Houston and my sis and I wanted to go to the mall.
We were almost there, just a block away! I was on the far left lane at a stop light, this girl in a SUV type vechile in the next lane (the middle one). The light turns green and she turns left ,right into me as I'm already in motion going straight ><
I'm like WTF =__________= !! I was sooooooo mad, almost ruined my vacation and for added
kicks, she was from out of state >.>

Inazuma
Jul 21, 2008, 06:53 PM
Here's a crude diagram of the situation I was talking about, since I already went through the trouble of making it after misreading one of the replies.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/Ronin_Cooper/usedamnblinker.jpg

i understand what you are complaining about but even if that guy had his right turn blinker on, you shouldnt go until he passes or turns. just b/c someone has a blinker on, doesnt mean they are gonna turn that way. what if he keeps going straight and slams into you?

best way to drive is to assume everyone is a complete idiot. the sad thing is, thats usually the case.

i have a little story to share about a bad driver at a fast food restaurant. i arrive and pull into the drive thru lane and come to a stop. a little while later, the car in front of me suddenly starts backing up! i guess he didnt check behind him, so i honk my horn like a fucking maniac. it doesnt phase him, as he continues to back up. well, i quickly switch to reverse and start moving backwards myself to avoid him. the whole time i am honking like crazy. eventually i backed up about 20 feet, completely out of the drive thru lane, almost into the street. i couldnt move any further. luckily, the car in front of me turned off to the side and drove away. i guess he changed his mind about having fast food or something. fucking crazy bastard.