PDA

View Full Version : Getting Corrupted Question

Koji
Jan 27, 2003, 05:57 PM
Does the FSOD that occurs when the game is saving happen to 56K or BB connections more often? Do I have a less chance of getting lagged and crouppted with my broadband connection? Do you think it would be safe to take my lvl 146 character online now?

hucasts_rock
Jan 27, 2003, 06:02 PM
I dunno...my 56k got corrupted 3 times...BB might not have as many or even no FSODs...it depends...have u ever gotten an FSOD before?

Elixer
Jan 27, 2003, 06:07 PM
while on 56k i got fsod all the time. to help it i always went to like lobby 10 where i loaded back to lobby faster

but since i got bba i havent had one fsod

watashiwa
Jan 27, 2003, 06:17 PM
FSOD isn't connection type dependent. You can get it on both.

It's funny when people say BBA prevents FSODs. It's just pure coincedence that you dont' get them.

I have a friend who's gotten FSOD 3 times using BBA. So it's not connection specific. Plus, PSO is pretty much designed for a 56k connection anyway. There is absolutely no difference when playing PSO on a BBA or 56k other than the fact that if a BBA user is hosting a game, team joins are faster than a 56k hosting it. ;p

Koji
Jan 27, 2003, 07:10 PM
I have the BBA and got 4 of the lobby FSOD. I just lost unequiped items, no rares since I put them back in the bank before I leave.

I didn't ever get one while saving.