PDA

View Full Version : New PSO-World Image Gallery is Open!

Ryna
Jul 16, 2008, 06:08 PM
PSO-World is proud to announce the opening of its new Image Gallery (http://www.pso-world.com/gallery/). This gallery will act as a repository for Fan Art, screenshots, and other media. Compared to the previous site galleries, the new section offers these capabilities:

Ability to vote and comment on pictures
Improved search and sorting options
Feed support for each category and ability to mark categories as "favorites."
Blocks for listing random and newest pictures on a per-category basis.
Ability to view all pictures attributed to a particular user.
Slideshow functionality (very useful on certain categories like Episode 3 Cut-Scenes)

When you click on a thumbnail in the gallery, you will usually be presented with the medium-quality version of the picture. Be sure to look for the "filesize" field and click on the "large" number to see the high-quality version.

All of the images from the old Fan Art, Screenshot, and Media pages have been transferred to the new system. As a consequence, the old pages have been removed since they are now redundant. In addition, wallpaper from Downloads and several hundred new pictures have been uploaded. At the moment, the gallery has approximately 7,000 pictures in it! This number will continue to grow as we make regular updates to the gallery.

Credits:

PSO-World's awesome fan artist community.
Everyone that has contributed to the screenshot section over the years.
Maxx from phantasy-star.net for donating several Phantasy Star Classic pictures.
Hunewearl_Meira for helping to upload the Fan Artist pictures.

Dragwind
Jul 16, 2008, 06:14 PM
Very, very nice.

Yet another great new feature to compliment the new design. I feel this new system is much more organized and easier to browse through. Good job on everyone's part. ;)

MaximusLight
Jul 16, 2008, 06:26 PM
8D

Awesome!

Ryna
Jul 16, 2008, 06:41 PM
Good to hear people are liking it. If you've got any questions, feel free to ask in this thread.

MaximusLight
Jul 16, 2008, 06:44 PM
Good to hear people are liking it. If you've got any questions, feel free to ask in this thread.

What are the future plans for upgrading it, if any?

Ryna
Jul 16, 2008, 06:47 PM
What are the future plans for upgrading it, if any?

Depending on user feedback, we'll tweak the user interface and category displays. There's also the possibility of allowing user uploads in certain cateories. I'd be interesting in hearing what people have to say.

MaximusLight
Jul 16, 2008, 06:56 PM
Depending on user feedback, we'll tweak the user interface and category displays. There's also the possibility of allowing user uploads in certain cateories. I'd be interesting in hearing what people have to say.

Like a possible sort by user setting?

Also:
Still no ideas on how to upload (or link to) fan fics in the near future I'm guessing?

Ryna
Jul 16, 2008, 07:03 PM
Like a possible sort by user setting?

Also:
Still no ideas on how to upload (or link to) fan fics in the near future I'm guessing?

You can sort by "user" in a category.

View -> "Group by Member"
*page refreshes*
Sort By -> Alphabetical Order

To view all of the images that are associated with a specific user, just use the Member Gallery category.

The Fan Fiction section will be updated at a later date. The front page has priority right now.

MaximusLight
Jul 16, 2008, 07:14 PM
Ah, thank you.

CelestialBlade
Jul 16, 2008, 10:30 PM
I approve. Loving all these new features you guys are coming up with.

Mysterious-G
Jul 16, 2008, 11:35 PM
Great new feature.
I suddenly cannot imagine how I could be satisfied with the old page.
This new one keeps betting better and better.
Good job! :D

Dre_o
Jul 17, 2008, 12:11 AM
Could I by chance remove ALL the OLD...and rather shitty pics that are in my album? I'm only even kinda proud of one of them.

astuarlen
Jul 17, 2008, 12:40 AM
Could I by chance remove ALL the OLD...and rather shitty pics that are in my album? I'm only even kinda proud of one of them.

Yeah, that would be a nice feature: removing your own previous works. I almost asked Meira once, but I felt guilty. :clown:

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 17, 2008, 01:11 AM
Credits:

Hunewearl_Meira for helping to upload the Fan Artist pictures.

951 images from 182 artists, all categorized and stamped with appropriate search tags.

And some (http://www.pso-world.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=7234) with inappropriate search tags.

I'd like to emphasize that Ryna personally saw to the uploading of several thousand images outside of the Fan Art section, and in considerably less time than it took me to upload the mere 951 images in the Fan Art Gallery, all the while, mitigating my own occasional difficulties in uploading... I broke it more than once ._.

Also, there were a number of entries to the old Fan Art Gallery (mostly from the original bolus of pictures coming from the first PSOW Fan Art Contest) that weren't credited to an actual PSOW username. If anyone knows who the following people are, I'd really like to assign their works to them properly:

Aaron Connell
Aaron Vargas
Alex Ahad
Charles Stanley
CliffK
Darwin Yamamoto
Derek Liu
Gaston Rafael Locanto
Jeffery L Kirby
Lin Leo Jon
Luke Beauchamp
Michael Link
policenaut
Seby
Sheung S. Leong
SoraRikuKairi

Larian
Jul 17, 2008, 02:35 AM
Ohhhh...this is nice!! =D

Ryna
Jul 17, 2008, 06:13 AM

If you want something removed, send Meira or me a list. Just keep in mind that your pictures were in present in the old Fan Artist gallery for a long period of time.

MaximusLight
Jul 17, 2008, 09:26 PM
Oh come on Dre_O we all have to start somewhere :P
I mean in not for the galleries I'd never have discovered this!
http://www.pso-world.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2274&ppuser=35236&sl=b

O_O want more... art... so... good

Also: Tingle doesn't draw stuff for us anymore :'(

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 18, 2008, 12:10 AM
I mean in not for the galleries I'd never have discovered this!
http://www.pso-world.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2274&ppuser=35236&sl=b

O_O want more... art... so... good

Aye, that is some good work, courtesy of bluelikekurt. Personally, I prefer this image (http://www.pso-world.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2272&ppuser=35236&sl=b), though. That smile just makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

DC_PLAYER
Jul 19, 2008, 12:57 PM
Really great addition and really great job.
Seeing the images now.