PDA

View Full Version : PSU offline money, mp

megidboy97
Jul 17, 2008, 08:51 AM
Hey i am kinda new to psu so i ony have psuwithout the expansion and am currently unable to play online. i have a level 25 beast and have beaten story mode. i was curious if anyone new quests that i could to gain more exp. and money.

thanks in advance

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 17, 2008, 08:59 AM
Hmmm im not sure as far what mission to do but im pretty sure someone will gladly help you with this but i'd HIGHLY reccomend getting the expansion

SStrikerR
Jul 17, 2008, 09:57 AM
As said before, most people will reccomend getting the expansion, ambition of the Illumnes. You can even transfer your beast's items, money, and level! Although until you do, just level up running the highest level mission you can do until level 60, then run the ice mission on parum that you did in story mode. It gives a crapton of money and exp, but mission choices and levels are VERY limited in the original PSU, so it may be a bit tough. good luck

megidboy97
Jul 17, 2008, 11:12 AM
thanks how do i get the expansion

Ruru
Jul 17, 2008, 12:24 PM
depends on what system you're on. PS2 you should be able to find it at any gaming store. even wall-mart target toys r us bestbuy etc. shouldn't be too hard to find.

PC would probably be the same places as PS2. not sure though. could probably search online.

if you're on 360 you'll have to download it from live. just a mention though, 360 doesn't have offline mode for AoTI expansion. it's online only.

megidboy97
Jul 17, 2008, 12:45 PM
thanks. do u have to pay for a guardians license on top of the x box live

Ruru
Jul 17, 2008, 12:54 PM
i'm honestly not sure how it works on 360 lol. i'm fairly sure you have to pay for the guardians license on top of your XBOX live account, since the license fee would go to SEGA of America and not to microsoft. so i'd say expect to pay an extra fee for the license.

at least with xbox you dont have to pay nearly as much as you do for the PS2 or PC version since with 360 it's a download and not an actual disc.

megidboy97
Jul 17, 2008, 12:58 PM
do u thinks it is worth all of the money cause i would have to buy the x box live, buy microsoft points to download it and pay for a guardians license.

Ruru
Jul 17, 2008, 01:01 PM
i'd say, if you have the money to spend on all this stuff then it is definitely worth it in the long run. there are tons of things you can do with Live and PSU is fun when you have stuff to do. especially if you're starting right now then there are tons of things for you to do on PSU 360, as well as the large server population they have on it.

now if you dont have the money then no i wouldn't recomend this obviously. it all boils down to whether or not you have the money to actually go through with all this.

SStrikerR
Jul 17, 2008, 06:49 PM
If you don't have that much money just buy the PC version (if your computer's good enough of course) and play that version. You'll probably pay around $30 for the game itself and than $10 a month for the subscription. That's the cheaper way, but going xbox is the smarter way but costs more. This is coming from a ps2/pc player fyi.

Ruru
Jul 17, 2008, 07:32 PM
well technically if he already had xbox live for other reasons then PSU on 360 actually costs less, if you think about it that way lol.

but yeah buying live JUST to play a game you have to pay an additional monthly fee on isn't a great deal.

megidboy97
Jul 17, 2008, 09:17 PM
i was going to get x box live anyways for someother games but i still would have to buy the expansion and the license. by the way how much is a license

Ruru
Jul 17, 2008, 09:24 PM
uhh depends repeating monthly is like $9 something i think, the non repeating 6 month is about $48, i think... i dont check often if you could tell lol...

i'll go check real quick, but i'm on PS2 so it MIGHT be slightly different.

ok for PC/PS2 its $9.99 reurring monthly fee and $49.99 for 6month non recurring.

Kryslin
Jul 19, 2008, 01:33 AM
For X360, The silver level of XB Live is all you need for playing PSU - and it's free with the console. I have 1 Gold Account, and 1 Silver account, and see no difference between the 2. Likewise, several friends play on XB-Live/Silver.

Steve