PDA

View Full Version : Servers?

tekboy00
Jul 15, 2008, 08:11 PM
i am a gamecube player that has a renewed taste in the PSO eps1,2+ and i have 2 ?
1) can a offline char go online on the gamecube.
2) is there even a free sever ( privet or public idc) out for the gamecube with ppl on it at least some of the time

AlexCraig
Jul 15, 2008, 08:15 PM
1.) Yes
2.) Yes, but we cannot discuss them due to forum rules.

The second one is explained in great detail in my first post.

tekboy00
Jul 15, 2008, 09:18 PM
thanks for the speed of the reply and is there a way that we can talk about ?#2 out side of the forum

AlexCraig
Jul 15, 2008, 09:21 PM
Outside of the forum, yes. Not like we really have any say in what you do over IM's and email. But on the forums, you cannot talk too much about them.

In fact, if you read one of the other stickies up here, you will know what can and cannot be spoken.

tekboy00
Jul 15, 2008, 09:35 PM
man i love talking 2 real ppl i did a search for a "Nintendo GameCube Broadband Adapter" and all the sites tell me 2 go 2 nintendo and order 1 what r the chances of getting one at the local stores out in the boon-dock (where I live). u now u live out in the middle of no where when the only land mark is a farm that a old tv show was filmed at. back 2 topic so yes, i can go on line with my off line char that i have 150 hours on (over 2 years) and there is ppl out there that play but i cant get specifics in this forum

Nitro Vordex
Jul 15, 2008, 09:51 PM
Don't go to Nintendo, i'm pretty sure they don't have them shipping or made anymore, you'd have to check Amazon or Ebay for one.

As for the private servers, Google is your friend.

tekboy00
Jul 17, 2008, 04:24 PM
ok i found a store that has a Gamecube Broadband Adapter did a google search like the stick told me is that all i need to go online with gamecube

Nitro Vordex
Jul 17, 2008, 06:13 PM
In your case for PSO there should be a sticker for it.

tekboy00
Jul 17, 2008, 06:17 PM
yeah i found the old case about 3 min after i sent the post

Nitro Vordex
Jul 17, 2008, 06:20 PM
Uh, what? I didn't really understand that, please reword it.

tekboy00
Jul 17, 2008, 06:28 PM
nvm i read the rest of the stick i will find them my self -.- why is is so bad 2 talk about that

AlexCraig
Jul 17, 2008, 06:52 PM
Because PSO-World is part of Gamespy/IGN, and they disapprove of the use of private servers. If you read the other sticky, you will know what we can and cannot do. Please mind the stickies, as they are there to benefit you.

tekboy00
Jul 17, 2008, 06:53 PM
o srry there is a lot and i haven't had much time 2 read all of them

so this thread is for ppl that r new right. so let recap my mistakes so if some other new person goes throw this he/she does not do the same
asking for a email of a private server= bad
asking for info on how 2 get online = ok
asking if there is anyone that plays on a certain platform on private server= ok ,no names of the ppl and/or server
I think that is about all
thanks for the help Alex and nitro

AlexCraig
Jul 17, 2008, 10:03 PM
Close.
Asking for email, info = Bad.
Asking who plays online = Alright.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 17, 2008, 10:06 PM
Yep, like Alex said and everything else you put there tekboy.

Glad to help, have fun here. :)

*applauds tekboy for reading stickies*

AlexCraig
Jul 17, 2008, 10:58 PM
I believe this thread has done what it was intended to do. I'm going to close this before things we don't want to have happen occur.