PDA

View Full Version : WATCHMEN TRAILER!!!!!

Shattered_weasel
Jul 17, 2008, 10:49 PM
http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/07/17/must-watch-zack-snyders-watchmen-trailer-absolutely-stunning/

And it looks fucking beautiful.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 19, 2008, 12:13 PM
Looks awesome. I definately want to go see it.

Freshellent
Jul 19, 2008, 12:29 PM
Oh, now that's something that kinda suprised me. Here's to hopin'

Adriano
Jul 19, 2008, 12:30 PM
It really looks amazing. I would like to see this aswell.

Split
Jul 19, 2008, 02:47 PM
looks cool, what's it about?

Anduril
Jul 20, 2008, 10:25 PM
This movie better do well, or else the bad pun will come out in Reviews: "'Who's watching the Watchmen?': Nobody!"

Eihwaz
Jul 20, 2008, 11:09 PM
looks cool, what's it about?It's based on a graphic novel written by Alan Moore, the same dude behind V for Vendetta and other works. In takes place in an alternate-history version of the mid-1980s where Nixon is still president, the Doomsday Clock (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_clock) is at five minute to midnight, and superheroes have to register with the government, and have largely gone into hiding. However, the murder of someone who was once a superhero sets off a chain of events...

Leviathan
Jul 20, 2008, 11:17 PM
Looks great. Also can't wait for The Spirit.

Fure_Rakune
Jul 22, 2008, 02:32 PM
I keep watching this over and over, its wonderful.

The world will look up and shout, "Save us!"
And I'll whisper, "No."

Epiiiiiiiiiiiic, that quotes been stuck in my head for days.

Fossil
Jul 22, 2008, 09:05 PM
Looks interesting. Halfway through the trailer I thought it was for a new Mortal Kombat... but then I realized I had no idea what it was. And I still don't.

Fure_Rakune
Jul 23, 2008, 02:38 PM
The Watchmen basically started the whole graphic novel niche in '86, as it was the first and only to receive an award for its excellence.
Check it out, its a killer good read.

Fossil
Jul 24, 2008, 10:40 PM
The Watchmen basically started the whole graphic novel niche in '86, as it was the first and only to receive an award for its excellence.
Check it out, its a killer good read.

Well the movie looks interesting, but honestly, I'm not a reader. I hate books with a passion. I haven't read a book since high school some 4 years ago. The only reading I do is when I stare into my monitor, haha.

Split
Jul 24, 2008, 11:23 PM
It's based on a graphic novel written by Alan Moore, the same dude behind V for Vendetta and other works. In takes place in an alternate-history version of the mid-1980s where Nixon is still president, the Doomsday Clock (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_clock) is at five minute to midnight, and superheroes have to register with the government, and have largely gone into hiding. However, the murder of someone who was once a superhero sets off a chain of events...Badass...so it's like DC meets George Orwell.

Also Smashing Pumpkins are dirty.

Fure_Rakune
Jul 25, 2008, 04:22 AM
Well the movie looks interesting, but honestly, I'm not a reader. I hate books with a passion. I haven't read a book since high school some 4 years ago. The only reading I do is when I stare into my monitor, haha.

But its 6 comic books, how can you not want to read comic books?!

SubstanceD
Jul 25, 2008, 08:50 PM
Finally saw the trailer and I got to admit it's got me psyched for the movie. Like most comic book fans, to me Watchmen was like the Holy Grail of all comics/graphic novels. Many of the worlds greatest directors tried to adapt it to film and they all passed off the project because they deemed it unfilmable. I never thought that anywould would be able to make a decent movie out of it but if the rest of movie lives up to the potential shown in the trailer than I guess we Watchmen may turn out to be a decent film after all.

Mewnie
Jul 25, 2008, 09:00 PM
I came :3~

Snyder will either become the god of comic movies, or a heel greater than Uwe Boll.

I'm hoping it'll be the former.