PDA

View Full Version : -sigh to the flames of Sega and the GMs-

Seority
Jul 19, 2008, 02:44 AM
If you play the game, yes you can be disappointed, but if you don't even respect the GMs nor the corporation behind the game anymore or even enjoy yourself on PSU, cancel your damn subscription and shut up about it. Saying, "OMG this game is so horrible! Segac sux! ARG ARG RAGGE!" will not change anything. It's written truth that the old Sega team epically failed but that's the whole damn reason we have a new one. They have to start up everything on here, which is all new to them, and start rebuilding the damage the old team left and adding on things to make it better. We all know that for any of us, that is a great task that is difficult and stressful, yet they are trying thier best anyway. And yet all you people do is f*ing complain about the old team and don't even give the new guys a chance at making you prissy whiners happy. They moved in and had us up and running before they said they would. Even though little time has passed, that is impressive enough for what we've all had to go through recently.

Those who did cancel your subscription and had enough of it. What exactly are you STILL doing here?? You don't play the game, nor pay for it anymore. This whole site means nothing to you anymore. Just because you were dissatisfied with the old Sega team doesn't give you the right to post, "LOL SEGAC SUX HAR HAR postcount+1pl0x". If you don't want to respect the players, this site, the GMs on the game and here, nor the game itself, then please leave.

As you all can see, I'm sick and feed up with the complainers on here that no longer have an open mind to this game. It disgraces the game and all who play it for them to act so immaturely.
I know that even if everything was going smoothly in this game that complainers would still exist, but it maddens me that 3/4's of the pso-w population is like this.
As I stated, WE ALL KNOW how bad Sega Team was, there's not a soul here who doesn't. Posting complaints / rants / and flames towards them and the GMs will not change anything, as you all should of known after the 065 MAG.
Sega knows they screwed up and guess what? They hired a new team! Yes it took ages, but in businesses like that, it usually takes that long to make such a big change. So guess what again? Things are going to change, they just take a while. Continue to be patient if you are, and begin to if you arn't. If you refuse to believe in this actual change in the game then go ahead and leave. I'd rather have a small community of dedicated players then a large one of complaining children who want what they want now.
(//_-)''

This may be moved to the "Rants" place, but if topics like, " PC/PS2 What has hurt us so far..." are allowed here, this should be too.

chaoskila
Jul 19, 2008, 02:49 AM
sigh
i read two sentences of this rant and its one of those "if it sucks, quit" forums
problem is that people payed for it and people will play it even if it sucks.
or they played too much

EurekaX
Jul 19, 2008, 02:52 AM
Yeah, complaining doesn't help. But neither does dedicating a whole topic about complainers, it's not going to change anything.

Say what you like, but when people complain, some people do it out of frustration. If you don't like it, fine, but every person has their right to what they want to say. Afterall, no matter what's said, we're paying for it.

I don't complain on these boards, but it does get frustrating at times. I want to quit, but I'm still attached to the game, not to mention all those hours spent on my character.

Seority
Jul 19, 2008, 03:06 AM
sigh
i read two sentences of this rant and its one of those "if it sucks, quit" forums
problem is that people payed for it and people will play it even if it sucks.
or they played too much

You obviously didn't read any of it.
Notice how I'm sticking up for Sega now and it's revival.

Yeah, complaining doesn't help. But neither does dedicating a whole topic about complainers, it's not going to change anything.

Say what you like, but when people complain, some people do it out of frusturation. If you don't like it, fine, but every person has their right to what they want to say. Afterall, no matter what's said, we're paying for it.

I don't complain on these boards, but it does get frusturating at times. I want to quit, but I'm still attached to the game, not to mention all those hours spent on my character.

I guess it's just upsetting to find things like:

Topic: "When is MAG coming back?"
Replies:"LOL SEGAC"
"XD lol nub"
"Never because the GMs lie!"
"Who cares? I don't play this game anymore. :P Lol"

EurekaX
Jul 19, 2008, 03:12 AM
Point taken. Just saying though, even if it doesn't help, getting upset about the delays are understandable.
Doesn't matter for me in the end anyway, I'm still going to keep playing.

Seority
Jul 19, 2008, 03:24 AM
I'd be lying if I said that I expect this to change things much, but I wouldn't be lying if I said that I hope this will change things.

I'm just stating that saying "LOL SEGAC SUX" will not change anything, mean anything, nor answer any questions people have. It should just be marked as spam or flaming even. I'm surprized that the GMs here are fine with the flaming of other GMs to be allowed. ><

Brainwrecked
Jul 19, 2008, 03:41 AM
Trying to walk the tight-rope here.

For anyone that has been in complain mode, one thing gone right is not going to make up for the slew of things gone wrong. If things go right from here on out, people will start to take notice and start changing their minds that Sega actually does care. But it's only one step. In the minds of many, there's many more steps to take.

You have to realize the online RPGs are addicting. Once you realize that, the complaining and bitching comes under perspective. Addictions are hard to break. Even harder when they're no ill effects. (Still getting to school/work on time? Not financially bankrupt because all of your money's going into your habit?) People don't want to give up PSU. But they don't want to be treated like crap either. If Sega was more open about their problems, I think there'd be a little more sympathy. Stringing people along only increases backlash.

Even if people aren't paying subscribers of a Phantasy Star game, they still have every right to come here. They don't have the right to troll and flamebait, but those rules apply to everyone. PSO-World is a fan-site for the Phantasy Star series as a whole. (My guess from the name, though, is that it started with Phantasy Star Online and grew to encompass all of Phantasy Star.) Even if these people quit PSU, they're probably looking to see if it's safe to return to PSU if they're hanging around the PSU forums.

As for the new team...I thought this was only a rumor? Additional staff, maybe. But new team? Where did this info come from?

All is not rosey is PSU. Within the mods' discretion, the PSO-World populous has kept in line. Any that haven't have had appropriate action taken, but that's not up to us to decide. They can't quiet people because what they want to discuss involves mostly complaining and bashing, as long as it doesn't stray too far from civil discussion. Can we direct our complaints to where they need to go? We can't. So the dirty laundry gets aired in public. Again, if Sega would be more open and communicative with its player base, the negativity wouldn't be half as bad.

Seority
Jul 19, 2008, 06:37 AM
They can come and read if they wish, why I wouldn't know, but most just flame "This is why I left" kinda speal, which aggrovates me because it's unnessessary.
I believe this is the fist right thing that has happened in a while now, and I expect more to come. I did state that the new staff is very new and we haven't seen much yet, but they have started out on the right foot.

I know people will complain regaurdless of what happens, but some things that are being spammed right now, that don't need to be stated what-so-ever. I do get what you're saying though, and I do agree.

GreenArcher
Jul 19, 2008, 07:06 AM
PSO/U was supposed to get better for about a decade since V1. Has it? No. Take a look at V1 and V2, big success. Look at GC, someone successful, but very quickly became blatantly over run by hackers like DC but lacked the population DC did. Look at Xbox, that was a joke. Look at Blue Burst, this is where Sega's amazing method of adding content came in, where all our PSO content that we loved was fed to us in little spoonfuls once a month. FFS, people were in the 120s and up before Ultimate was released. Blue Burst never even got all the content that the other versions had (several missing quests from previous versions). Look at PSU, and don't even try to deny that the game is dieing here on the PC/PS2 side.

Things won't get better.

Seority
Jul 19, 2008, 07:17 AM
Just because PSO was better and run by a different group of people doesn't mean PSU will die.
No relivance really.

Danny_Dark
Jul 19, 2008, 07:40 AM
Let's see what happens in the Future...(Early January 2009)...

Pipiruu
Jul 19, 2008, 07:43 AM
Seo made a thread! <3

It's been a recent trend to make threads pointing out every flaw in PSU and ST. It's not only tiring, it's depressing to see half of the forum dedicated to complaining. A lot of you are justifying your and others constant negativity towards the game, which is kind of missing the point.

Seo just feels as though if you've lost all hope for the game and can't think of anything positive to say about the game, then don't say anything at all. It's a golden rule many of us were raised by, and it should apply even online. If being here is a horrible or upsetting experience for you, then wouldn't it just make sense to move onto something else? Those of us who are still enjoying our experience would rather not have to see your unfortunate misery.

I think that's whats Seo is getting at. It really is surprising to see so many defending their ill-will, though. Seo is trying to make a positive change for those of us who still smile when we think of this game. That's what these forums and this game are meant for--fun and entertainment. Not a constant pity party. Please try to at least understand that.

Ezodagrom
Jul 19, 2008, 07:45 AM
I still like psu, I just wish SEGA would handle things alot better than what they're doing now (for US/EU servers). Having 6 weeks without updates (not counting Sonic Bday lobby) is starting to be a bit too much...

And Seority, where did you see that they have a new team? As far as I know they only changed to a new building.

xJakkalx
Jul 19, 2008, 08:00 AM
I love a good "rant", for lack of a better word. Especially well thought-out ones.

I find it interesting that people will complain and whine about Sega and PSU while still continuing to play. Honestly, they should just keep quiet. No one does anything over and over again if they don't get some kind of joy out of it. Perhaps it's best if they take a break from said game if it really hurts them so much (this, of course, excludes the players who quit, they should just shy away from making "this is why I quit" topics and championing Anti-Sega causes).

On the other hand, some people are addicts, some just like to vent, and others just want to garner attention. Sega's last few foibles could be enough to drive someone to complain or quit, but you have to measure the good with the bad.

Also, this isn't a shot at you, Ezodagrom. Not that you'd think it is, but I'm just covering my bases.

Broodstar1337
Jul 19, 2008, 08:04 AM
Just because PSO was better and run by a different group of people doesn't mean PSU will die.
No relivance really.

You're right. PSU will die because it's population is dwindling and no one has any faith in the new team running things.

relentless
Jul 19, 2008, 08:16 AM
Postcount+1 :)

[spoiler-box]Yeah, I'd like confirmation on the "new team" as well as you sound rather sure about this?

Everyday I see threads about how ST/Sega sucks, of course it's annoying and only leads to postcount+1 if I end up posting in it, but I doubt complaining about the complainers will do something about it.
Actually I think it is just the same.
Well okay, I'm more fed up at the complaints about the screw ups than the screw ups themselves... that's true. xD

So yeah, if complaining threads are unnecessary, what is this thread?
In the end it's just another complaint, just about something different.
Although it IS true that some people here think that flaming is the same thing as stating your complaints, which indeed *isses one off. But I got used to that; I ignore it, why should I care? I don't take 'em serious. lol

All in all, your point of your post is very well understandable, but I wish it actually would ehh.. do something? The ones who think alike come here and agree with you stating their stuff, the ones who like to flame do their thng. =/

Now, I'm pretty sure this is not the first thread telling us about the unnecessary flames, so actually adding something on-topic wouldn't help either as I sure have read stuff like "bawwers just quit" etc. many times before. (obviously not as many as the baww posts themselves)

My opinion on this, which never have changed before:
Just sit and wait... what happens happens. We're not the ones who influence SEGAoJ/A anyways.
I don't know, but I would imagine that SoJ most of the time makes the last decision on what we will get and what not. lol
So to say, we can only wait patiently for something good to happen to our game so that people start shutting up.
Btw. I kinda just woke up so maybe my post may be kind of irrelevant as I didn't get much sleep. "XD lol *laughs*"[/spoiler-box]

Ezodagrom
Jul 19, 2008, 08:29 AM
I love a good "rant", for lack of a better word. Especially well thought-out ones.

I find it interesting that people will complain and whine about Sega and PSU while still continuing to play. Honestly, they should just keep quiet. No one does anything over and over again if they don't get some kind of joy out of it. Perhaps it's best if they take a break from said game if it really hurts them so much (this, of course, excludes the players who quit, they should just shy away from making "this is why I quit" topics and championing Anti-Sega causes).

On the other hand, some people are addicts, some just like to vent, and others just want to garner attention. Sega's last few foibles could be enough to drive someone to complain or quit, but you have to measure the good with the bad.

Also, this isn't a shot at you, Ezodagrom. Not that you'd think it is, but I'm just covering my bases.

In my opinion, due to recent problems (such as delays and lack of updates), some ppl do have reasons to complain (of course there are many that also complain for no reason :<).

One of the major problems is the increasing delay between US/EU version and the JP version.

When we see what JP already got that we didn't got, it's quite alot of things we're missing...
Other than MAG extension, MAG rewards and seasonal lobbies, we're missing:
[spoiler-box]- Maximum Attack G' (C - A)
- Program DF' (C - A)
- Episode 3 Chapter 5 (C - A)
- Neudaiz GBR including Hill of Spores, Dancing Birds, Sakura Warpath, Sacred Stream, White Beast
- Hill of Spores (S2)
- Dancing Birds (S2)
- Sakura Warpath (C - S2)
- Sakura Blast (S2)
- Sacred Stream (S2)
- White Beast (S2)
- Fires of Illusion (C - S)
- The Clothier
- Update in The Collector
- Lvl 140 cap
- Guntecher getting lvl 30 attack TECHNICs
- Lightning Mission Carnival event (Dengeki event)
- Episode 3 Chapter 6 (C - A)
- Remaining Blades (C - S2)
- Lvl 150 cap
- Master classes (Fighmaster, Gunmaster, Masterforce)
- Wartecher getting lvl 30 support TECHNICs
- Fortetecher getting lvl 40 support TECHNICs
- Acrotecher getting lvl 50 support TECHNICs
- Parum GBR including Scarred Planet, Lightning Beasts, SEED Express, Electronic Brain
- Scarred Planet (S2)
- Lightning Beasts (S2)
- SEED Express (C - S2)
- Electronic Brain (S2)
- Mines of Illusion (C - S)
- Explosive Duel
- High-Speed Airboard
- Desert City Armory
- Photon Charges update, when we have 2 single handed weapons (saber and handgun, for example), a photon charge will recover all PP for both, instead of 50% PP for both.
- Attack TECHNICs visual nerf, other players will see lvl 31+ TECHNICs as if they were lvl 21, but the player using them will still see them with their real effect.
- Shred the Darkness event (Ultimate Attack 6)
- Shred the Darkness GBR (during 2 weeks of the event JP got a GBR for it, it's possible we won't get this one though).[/spoiler-box]

Cracka_J
Jul 19, 2008, 08:32 AM
I can play this game and enjoy it and not have to be buddy-buddy with the GM's.

Actually, I really don't care to ever associate with them due to the damage they've first-handedly done to this community. Above a stupid fucking video game, I do have a set of morals I follow, unlike them. If I have to bypass every event they hold and give away shit at to maintain those morals, fuck ya, I'll do it.

I'll also continue to call them out on every stupid thing they do. There are several players still in the dark that continue to believe and support these guys, even though we have not had concrete information since the PSU v1 days. People need to open their eyes and see what dillholes these GM's actually are.

And I've heard it all before, fanboys constantly posting "Don't shoot the messeger", because the US GM's are SoJ's little bitches. Well that's true to an extent. However, if the messenger comes to your house every Thursday and lies to you, you'll be damn sure I'll tell that messenger to get the fuck off my lawn, or he gonna get shot.

People, including me, are long past the boiling point with their bullshit. All we want is them to shut the fuck up, unless they have concrete information regarding updates. But Ruby and Chill CONTINUE to shoot their mouths off at every one of these GM SUPPORT meetings they have, with ABSOLUTELY NO REGARD to whether the information is correct or not. That's why people have their pitchforks and torches ready. I don't blame any one of them.

Darkly
Jul 19, 2008, 10:27 AM
Hi seority, welcome to every mmo forum ever.

Kylie
Jul 19, 2008, 10:41 AM
It is getting out-of-hand. :disapprove: Personally, I think I'm fair about frowning when they do a bad job and smiling when they do something nice (appropriately). I think they are doing a terrible job as of late and can't blame the people that have canceled until they see an improvement, but I do get tired of the excessive amount of bitching lately. I mean, it seems like every other topic in PSU General is related to SEGA's failure. I think everyone has a right to complain about something they like and pay for, but it's no good when there are too many topic of the same thing on anything.

I also think it's getting you too much, though. :-P

As for the GM's, no comment. ;o

Aisha379
Jul 19, 2008, 12:09 PM
I've been playing since day one. And have canceled my subscription about a month ago. Why?

Because, as someone who has been here the entire length of the game (as opposed to, say, joining when AOI came out, or whatever) I've been able to see the entire game begin to fall right from the start.

By this I mean, I've been there for every screw up, and watch as they make the game easier, and easier, and easier. Anyone here remember how fast monsters in S rank were before they nerfed it? It was difficult, but (to me) thats what made it enjoyable. Now the game is just too easy, a maximum part of 6 people is a freaking joke, since my friend and I can clear out any S2 mission with little trouble...

Maybe some people will come back to this and say "But online games are about the social interaction, not the game itself!", Well, thats fine and dandy for you, but I still prefer the game to be at least somewhat challenging...

That aside, another problem is simply consumers being mislead. Game, insurance, car salesman, whatever, when someone says they are going to do something, and you pay them for that, and then they don't do it at all, push back the date, or somehow screw it up, consumers have every right to be mad.

Thats right. We're consumers, we're not Sega's children who have to sit their and obediently be quiet and eat all the crap they throw at us.

As much as I love PSU in general and my characters, stuff like easier gameplay, broken promises, and messed up balance issues just drove me away. Do I HOPE Sega can fix this? Yes. Do I hold out any real hope though? Would I actually BET on it? I think anyone who takes half a glance at Sega's track record can answer that for themselves (by which I mean, previous versions of PSO)

I do agree its dumb to complain and keep paying for the game though. This is why I quit (for now at least). And the only way I believe Sega will EVER do anything worthwhile, is if everyone who has issues with the game, voices those issues and then quits. Right now, they are still getting your money despite your bitching, and they will not be getting any more money (from you) if they make things better, so whats the point?...

Then again, Sega is also likely to just shutdown the US/EU PSU servers if everyone quits...o_O...

Jainsea
Jul 19, 2008, 12:12 PM
I recall at one point and time there use to be decent cool interesting topics to
post in. Now there's just nonstop complain topics that are clogging up this forum and
its really sad. :( I agree with you Seority in lots you said. I really try not to bring negativity
to these forums, since thats already covered. All we can do is wait and see what happens.
I really like this game, but I know when to take a break when needed. Makes me wanna
come play more when I do. :)

SStrikerR
Jul 19, 2008, 12:56 PM
This may be moved to the "Rants" place, but if topics like, " PC/PS2 What has hurt us so far..." are allowed here, this should be too. My topic wasn't a rant at all, that wasn't the point of the thread at all, you don't seem to understand much beside what you WANT to think. My thread was to list the things that have happened so far along the line that have cause our population to dwindle. Nothing more. It went completely off-topic and there's nothing I could've done to stop that.

Also, people have a right to complain. And even if the reasons are stupid, we will anyway because we're HUMAN. The GMs have liead to us and sega really sucked sometimes, so we have made it heard that most of this shit shouldn't be happening.

And you told people to leave if they didn't play the PSU anymore, but may I point you to the psO discussion boards? Or off-topic, even FKL are reasons to stay. During times I stopped playing Phantasy Star games I still stayed here to talk with people and discuss the games.

Don't talk about things that you think you understand until you know both sides, and don't act like we're all little whiny bitches while you're a a perfect godess. Don't be an ignorant close-minded bitch, because that just shows how retarted you really are.

Sord
Jul 19, 2008, 01:59 PM
Those who did cancel your subscription and had enough of it. What exactly are you STILL doing here?? You don't play the game, nor pay for it anymore. This whole site means nothing to you anymore. Just because you were dissatisfied with the old Sega team doesn't give you the right to post, "LOL SEGAC SUX HAR HAR postcount+1pl0x". If you don't want to respect the players, this site, the GMs on the game and here, nor the game itself, then please leave.

What a piece of BS. There are plenty of reasons to be on this site beyond the game. I've haven't played PSO heavily for years, and only played PSU for a couple months. I've stuck around because I like the community here, and it's a big one that isn't going anywhere anytime soon. And just because someone doesn't have an account, doesn't mean they can't complain. They have every fucking right to say what they think regardless of the fact they aren't playing it. People complain about PSU sucking, because like it or not, it does suck for the most part. There were people looking forward to the game, and they're still gonna be annoyed with it because it's not what it could have been. Even if you had the best team in the world, thanks to the limitations of the PS2 and some other things it isn't going to matter. You will always have to wait for expansion disks rather than patches, graphics will always be programmed poorly because that's already been set in place, etc. If anything the bad management team was insult to injury. Having a new team isn't going to change much when a lot of the core gameplay and mechanics is already bad from the get go. They'd have to scrap the game and remake it if they ever wanted it be considered a good game by many, and I can't see that happening. Of course people are gonna be pissed beyond their playtime, it wasn't anywhere near what it could have been because at it's core, it's shit in today's world.

These complaint threads about there being complaints in a fucking complaint forum are so ridiculous. You don't want to hear people's complaints, guess what, YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ THEM. It's usually pretty damn obvious which ones are personal life things and which ones pertain to PSU. Especially with the new forum software, you can just hover your mouse over the topic and read the first couple lines. That's usually enough to tell you if it's PSU related or not and you'll know to avoid.

SStrikerR
Jul 19, 2008, 02:04 PM
What a piece of BS. There are plenty of reasons to be on this site beyond the game. I've haven't played PSO heavily for years, and only played PSU for a couple months. I've stuck around because I like the community here, and it's a big one that isn't going anywhere anytime soon. And just because someone doesn't have an account, doesn't mean they can't complain. They have every fucking right to say what they think regardless of the fact they aren't playing it. People complain about PSU sucking, because like it or not, it does suck for the most part. There were people looking forward to the game, and they're still gonna be annoyed with it because it's not what it could have been. Even if you had the best team in the world, thanks to the limitations of the PS2 and some other things it isn't going to matter. You will always have to wait for expansion disks rather than patches, graphics will always be programmed poorly because that's already been set in place, etc. If anything the bad management team was insult to injury. Having a new team isn't going to change much when a lot of the core gameplay and mechanics is already bad from the get go. They'd have to scrap the game and remake it if they ever wanted it be considered a good game by many, and I can't see that happening. Of course people are gonna be pissed beyond their playtime, it wasn't anywhere near what it could have been because at it's core, it's shit in today's world.

These complaint threads about there being complaints in a fucking complaint forum are so ridiculous. You don't want to hear people's complaints, guess what, YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ THEM. It's usually pretty damn obvious which ones are personal life things and which one pertain to PSU. Especially with the new forum software, you can just hover your mouse of the topic and read the first couple lines. That's usually enough to tell you if it's PSU related or not and you'll know to avoid.

I like and agree with everything in this post...except he didn't indent his paragraphs. Terrible, just terrible.

Sord
Jul 19, 2008, 02:22 PM
I like and agree with everything in this post...except he didn't indent his paragraphs. Terrible, just terrible.

sadly I tend to forget about those unless I'm writing a tourney match in FKL.

Adriano
Jul 19, 2008, 02:44 PM
I figured I'd might as well say something now..

If you play the game, yes you can be disappointed, but if you don't even respect the GMs nor the corporation behind the game anymore or even enjoy yourself on PSU, cancel your damn subscription and shut up about it. Saying, "OMG this game is so horrible! Segac sux! ARG ARG RAGGE!" will not change anything. It's written truth that the old Sega team epically failed but that's the whole damn reason we have a new one.

Well First of all, the people that do complain, most certainly have the RIGHT to, there are players who are on these boards who do not still play psu, but have done so for a good portion of psu's longevity (or lack thereof) and in some way whether they like it or not, still feel connected with it or the community... of sorts, so telling people who don't play to leave this site is a big no no, since people who have experienced the errors of sega , were there to see how the game was BEFORE they started, so they know what this game has the potential of being.

They have to start up everything on here, which is all new to them, and start rebuilding the damage the old team left and adding on things to make it better. We all know that for any of us, that is a great task that is difficult and stressful, yet they are trying thier best anyway. And yet all you people do is f*ing complain about the old team and don't even give the new guys a chance at making you prissy whiners happy.

How would you feel if an employee in training handled your money? I certainly think I would prefer someone with EXPERIENCE, so the bawing really is understood on this matter.

They moved in and had us up and running before they said they would. Even though little time has passed, that is impressive enough for what we've all had to go through recently.

Woo! Great, a new appartment, I wonder what we'll do about that hole in the ceiling though..

See first reply. And also, calling somebody else's motives on a public forum into question is a bold ass move, especially considering people on here who do complain about the service HAVE paid for the game as well as you, so what warrants your opinion of the fucked up game as more valuable than theirs?

As you all can see, I'm sick and feed up with the complainers on here that no longer have an open mind to this game. It disgraces the game and all who play it for them to act so immaturely.

And what more was your post than just fuel to the fire? Believe you Are not the first to say something about bawing, and you most certainly will not be the last. How long have you been on psu by the way?

Anyway, the rest of the post I do not care to reply to, as I have already said my peace. It should be known however, I did play psu from the beginning, and I DID stop playing shortly after, however it was not maintenance issues which caused it, rather in real life things I had to take care of. But I did just come back recently, and the maintenance issues ARE what made me switch servers....either way you look at it the playerbase of psu from what I can tell has changed alot, people only focus on the negative because thats all there seems to be right now, I can remember before people would post topics thanking sega for making psu and junk like that, it's kind of funny thinking back in retrospect.

McLaughlin
Jul 19, 2008, 03:46 PM
Seority, you don't seem to understand. They moved offices. That's it. They didn't restaff or anything of the sort. It was a physical relocation and nothing more.

As for complaining, I still like the core gameplay, and I enjoy playing with my friends, so I still pay. It frustrates me to no end that SEGA continues to nail shut PSU's coffin with failure after failure, and no reason as to why. We keep getting this "We know, we're sorry," garbage but we never get any actual reason for whatever went wrong with any given situation. I'm fed up with them, but since I still like the core game, I still pay. I voice my opinions in the hopes that SEGA will notice that everyone is sick and tired of the shitty service they offer.

Another reason I still pay is because I've invested a substantial amount of time into this game. I, personally, tell people thinking about the game to avoid it, because they have no vested interest in it and the game is run piss-poorly. Why would I lure someone into wasting money on a company who doesn't deserve it?

SEGA/Sonic Team/whoever manages this game (if you can even call it management) continues to run PSU into the ground, and at some point there will be a straw that breaks my camel's back. Until that happens, I'll continue voicing my opinion (which is what a forum is for) on the off-chance that SEGA/ST takes notice.

As for former players hanging around, I'd say they keep visiting for the community here. Just because someone quit a game doesn't mean they've severed all ties with the community. They still have the ability to offer insight.

Just to reiterate, Sonic Team DID NOT RESTAFF.

EDIT: You also can't use the "timely" (not for 360 players) server relocation to foreshadow Sonic Team's future performance. They've managed to not let us down this one time, but that in no way suggests that they've turned over a new leaf what is essentially the blink of an eye. Until I see constant communication and proper updates (week six without one), I will not ever give them the benefit of the doubt.

Egg99
Jul 19, 2008, 04:11 PM
I'm amazed at how many people still seem to miss the point.

People (mostly everyone on this site) pay for this game. WE supply Sega's staff wages with OUR money. That in itself gives every single person who supports Sega every right to complain if they so choose.

No one's forcing you to read these complaints. However, 99% of them are completely justified considering how much the playerbase has had their Corn Flakes shit in by ST. The irony is that most people are actually complaining because they DO still have faith in the game, and they want to enjoy all it has to offer; hence it drives them up the friggin wall that ST really doesn't care about any of that.

People don't WANT to leave PSU. That's all there is to it. Almost every complaint you see/don't want to read stems from this fact. Take a second and think of how infuriating it is to see a game that COULD be "all that"... but isn't. That's how the majority of pissed off players see the situation. Telling them to quit is a useless thing to say, because as I said, no one wants to. We just want to enjoy the game for what it's worth.

mll
Jul 19, 2008, 05:55 PM
I actually kind of agree with serority,
everyone who's visited the site at all over the past few weeks will know about every single flaw the game has. If ST are ever going to pay any attention to your complaints then they will have gotten the message by now (or more likely ignored it).
I get why people are complaining, and I'm sure I've complained on a number of occasions but its just getting kind of depressing to visit this forum.
And the constant (justified) complaints makes it increasingly difficult to salvage any enjoyment out of this game (if the recent customer service hasn't already done that)
So please leave off the complaining. Not for ST but for the rest of the community

Leah
Jul 19, 2008, 06:37 PM
pc/ps2 is tanked. in the event of a new expansion, i'd wager they're not going to print thousands of discs across two platforms for a few hundred people. it may have been coming for a long time, but the end is finally here. and why? mismanagement. poor advertising. days, weeks, months of response time to problems. hackers. same old shit from pso. same old players running the joint, too. you'd think they'd learn something after a few years.

anyway, who are you to tell me i'm ruining your experience with my complaints? they're all valid. if you don't like reading them, don't read them. i stick around because i still play pso, which is in much more capable hands. i don't respect the mods, because frankly, they haven't earned it.. and a few of them have lost what little they started with through personal vendettas. i have no interest in kissing incompetent ass.

Darkly
Jul 19, 2008, 08:29 PM
im so glad i quit psu and stopped even going to psu general. See im totally unaware of people bitching and guess what life goes on.

I like the community here, well more over the community that posts outside of psu general sections.

Ken_Silver
Jul 19, 2008, 11:48 PM
I have to post here.

I've gotten tired of all of the complaining too. I haven't gotten online in about 2 weeks and yet I still pay for it. I can only play too mostly during the summer, thanks to college, but until something is done, then I just won't log on either. I don't even post on the forums as much...

I don't make complaining topics, but at the same time, I don't blame those who do. I mean if this was a government business, there'd be lawsuits up the bum.

The topics are depressing and the negativity is at a all time high. And for those who think PSOWorld is bad, you should go to the official fourms. It's utter HELL over there and its a whole lot worse. PSOwer's need to be thankful. The BAAWWWing over here could be a lot worse...

But at the same time, if the complaining needed to stop, ST would do something about it. One line sums it up:

A fire cannot burn, if there is nothing to be burned.

If Sonic Team didn't add so much fuel to the fire, then there wouldn't be so many problems. I don't know how PSU is going to get out of this, but I still believe that it can.

amtalx
Jul 20, 2008, 04:11 PM
These complaint threads about there being complaints in a fucking complaint forum are so ridiculous.

You get a banana sticker.

Anyway, the only person to blame for the amount of complaints is ST. The cause for the large volume as of late is that ST's management is getting worse, not better. When an entire community almost unanimously agrees that ST is a buch of fuck-ups, there is a serious problem. And its not with the community.

Cancelling a Guardian's License isn't some pointless act of passive agression. Players are genuinely fed up with ST's incompetence, and rightfully so. Their continued trend of missing/delayed/cancelled content is beyond the pale, more so since their entire model is dependant on unlocking existing content. However, that does not have anything to do with PSOW. The people here have dont nothing wrong. You don't have to ban yourself from a website because you don't play the game that's associated with it. Look around. This place is more than just a database. Some of the members here don't play PSO/PSU and never really have.

Long story short, ST is a sinking ship. And until they patch the holes, or succumb to failure, you're gonna keep hearing peoples complaints because they are perfectly valid and the internet is the easiest place to put them, since we are unable to call ST members at their houses while they are trying to have dinner.

thunder-ray
Jul 21, 2008, 03:50 AM
This thread made me LOL O.o

Sekani
Jul 21, 2008, 03:52 AM
All the positive threads are about the PSP game or the Japanese servers. There's not much else to talk about that isn't negative.

There hasn't been ANYTHING to be happy about since the MAG fiasco. More delays, more screw-ups, more lies from the GM staff (like the nice little backpedal they pulled with the Error 065 compensation), more apathy from Sega of Japan... well you've heard all this before, haven't you?

The massive wave of complaint threads will end when the few PSU players who haven't canceled out of frustration get something from the powers that be that gives them an ounce of optimism.

EDIT: What makes this an even more fucked-up situation is that people want to save their beloved game, and canceling their subscriptions won't accomplish that.

Seority
Jul 21, 2008, 04:46 AM
My topic wasn't a rant at all, that wasn't the point of the thread at all, you don't seem to understand much beside what you WANT to think. My thread was to list the things that have happened so far along the line that have cause our population to dwindle. Nothing more. It went completely off-topic and there's nothing I could've done to stop that.

Also, people have a right to complain. And even if the reasons are stupid, we will anyway because we're HUMAN. The GMs have liead to us and sega really sucked sometimes, so we have made it heard that most of this shit shouldn't be happening.

And you told people to leave if they didn't play the PSU anymore, but may I point you to the psO discussion boards? Or off-topic, even FKL are reasons to stay. During times I stopped playing Phantasy Star games I still stayed here to talk with people and discuss the games.

Don't talk about things that you think you understand until you know both sides, and don't act like we're all little whiny bitches while you're a a perfect godess. Don't be an ignorant close-minded bitch, because that just shows how retarted you really are.

I believe we all know what we're all fed up about on PSU, I'm just sad that we actually allow a list like that. Yes, they've screwed up a lot, this is nothing new. The fact that your topic turned into another breeding area for flames towards them was inevitable.

When I stated, "Why are you still here?" I asked it to "Why are you still posting on the PSU section of pso-w?"

Please don't flame me just because you don't agree with what I believe in. I don't believe I gave you any rude comments just because I disagreed with you.

There's nothing wrong with stating your opinion about something with the information you already know. I don't think I stated that already knew both sides and that I'm taking this one beause it's right. I'm trying to get good reasons from both sides about all this nonsence, hence why I made this topic.

Anyway, the only person to blame for the amount of complaints is ST. The cause for the large volume as of late is that ST's management is getting worse, not better. When an entire community almost unanimously agrees that ST is a buch of fuck-ups, there is a serious problem. And its not with the community.

Cancelling a Guardian's License isn't some pointless act of passive agression. Players are genuinely fed up with ST's incompetence, and rightfully so. Their continued trend of missing/delayed/cancelled content is beyond the pale, more so since their entire model is dependant on unlocking existing content. However, that does not have anything to do with PSOW. The people here have dont nothing wrong. You don't have to ban yourself from a website because you don't play the game that's associated with it. Look around. This place is more than just a database. Some of the members here don't play PSO/PSU and never really have.

Long story short, ST is a sinking ship. And until they patch the holes, or succumb to failure, you're gonna keep hearing peoples complaints because they are perfectly valid and the internet is the easiest place to put them, since we are unable to call ST members at their houses while they are trying to have dinner.

I agree that this is the aftermath of what Sega has done. There's no reason for the same things to get spammed over and over again for it.

If you cancel your subscription because you dislike the game, then by all means please do it! Don't waste your money on something you don't enjoy. But don't think that gives you a right to respond, "lol i canceled so why does this matter?" or "i left because etc. etc. etc." at every kind of complaint thread. You arn't supporting PSU anymore, you arn't paying for this anymore, you don't have to complain anymore, there's no need. As far as getting disappointed during the time they played, they probably came here and complianed. If they saw no effort from Sega to reply from their complaint, they quit. They gave up on Sega, so they shouldn't expect anything to change. If they did expect change, they should stay with the game.
There are more reasons then just disappointment for canceling your subscription and we all know this.

Again, they arn't valid if it's the same stuff over and over again. It's exactly the same as seeing the topics;
"OMG GT's suck! Why???"
"What's up with GT's?"
Right next to each other. I can understand if they both made them at about the same time, but when the same exact thing happens the next week, it fustrating and wrong.

Here are some quotes you guys decided to skip on the origanal post.

It's written truth that the old Sega team epically failed but that's the whole damn reason we have a new one.

As I stated, WE ALL KNOW how bad Sega Team was, there's not a soul here who doesn't.

Sega knows they screwed up...

I say that we have a new team because that's is what I was informed of here. If there is actually proof that this is wrong, please let me know.

I'd like to thank you all for those who came here and expressed thier opinions and gave resonable meanings behind them. I don't expect everyone to agree with me about this, but I do get upset when I get flamed for stating something I believe in. Then again, a person resorting to such flame isn't very mature themselves.
Ken, I rarely post complaints much myself, or rants even. I took the liberty of being the person to state the sillyness of all the repeat complaints on here. I know that this pretty much is complaining about complaining, but I want others to know that, yes they have a right to complain as much as a right to ask a question about the game, but they do not have the right to continually repost the same garbage we all already know. I'm risking myself to let others know and get the opinions from the public out. If people continue to complain more and more after this, not like it won't happen, I'm not going to stab myself and cry. This doesn't bother me that much, but it does bug me, and since no one seemed to take a dive for this, I decided to.
Yes we are all complianers in some way, shape and form, but I'm don't spam the same nonesence over and over again.

On and ending note, please don't mindlessly flame here, nor anywhere for that matter. It states nothing but your immaturity and doesn't need to be said at any extent. Thank you.

omegapirate2k
Jul 21, 2008, 11:33 AM
Can't I cancel my subscription and not shut up about it?

Ezodagrom
Jul 21, 2008, 12:17 PM
I say that we have a new team because that's is what I was informed of here. If there is actually proof that this is wrong, please let me know.

It was just a move to a new building:

SEGA of America is moving from the offices they have been in for like 20 years, and the PSU servers will be following us there a few weeks later.
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?p=933441#933441

Darkly
Jul 21, 2008, 12:56 PM
nobody is mindlessly flaming you seority, all i saw was well constructed and valid counterpoints to your grand doom statements.

CelestialBlade
Jul 21, 2008, 12:59 PM
People complain because they care. The problem lies in the difference between constructive complaints and plain whining.

amtalx
Jul 21, 2008, 04:54 PM
I agree that this is the aftermath of what Sega has done. There's no reason for the same things to get spammed over and over again for it.

If you cancel your subscription because you dislike the game, then by all means please do it! Don't waste your money on something you don't enjoy. But don't think that gives you a right to respond, "lol i canceled so why does this matter?" or "i left because etc. etc. etc." at every kind of complaint thread. You arn't supporting PSU anymore, you arn't paying for this anymore, you don't have to complain anymore, there's no need. As far as getting disappointed during the time they played, they probably came here and complianed. If they saw no effort from Sega to reply from their complaint, they quit. They gave up on Sega, so they shouldn't expect anything to change. If they did expect change, they should stay with the game.
There are more reasons then just disappointment for canceling your subscription and we all know this.

Again, they arn't valid if it's the same stuff over and over again. It's exactly the same as seeing the topics;
"OMG GT's suck! Why???"
"What's up with GT's?"
Right next to each other. I can understand if they both made them at about the same time, but when the same exact thing happens the next week, it fustrating and wrong.

Here's the problem: Just because someone quits, doesn't mean they have to abandon interest in the game altogether.

I quit, but that in no way means that I'm not interested in the world of PSU. I quit for two reasons. One, because I ran out of things to do. Two, because I got sick of paying people that weren't doing their jobs. However, I will always like PSU's game-play mechanics. Should ST get their shit together, I've got $10 with ST's name on it.

Repetition has no effect on the validity of a comment. No matter how many times I tell you 2+2 is 4, its always going to be true. You may get tired of hearing it after the 1000th time, but that has no effect on its validity. If there is an issue that a lot of people are passionate about, expect to hear it from everyone. That's just a fact of life. Its no different for PSU than it is for any other point of contention.

Seority
Jul 22, 2008, 03:13 AM
nobody is mindlessly flaming you seority, all i saw was well constructed and valid counterpoints to your grand doom statements.

[SPOILER-BOX]Comment by SStrikerR
Don't talk about things that you think you understand until you know both sides, and don't act like we're all little whiny bitches while you're a a perfect godess. Don't be an ignorant close-minded bitch, because that just shows how retarted you really are.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Here's the problem: Just because someone quits, doesn't mean they have to abandon interest in the game altogether.

I quit, but that in no way means that I'm not interested in the world of PSU. I quit for two reasons. One, because I ran out of things to do. Two, because I got sick of paying people that weren't doing their jobs. However, I will always like PSU's game-play mechanics. Should ST get their shit together, I've got $10 with ST's name on it.

Repetition has no effect on the validity of a comment. No matter how many times I tell you 2+2 is 4, its always going to be true. You may get tired of hearing it after the 1000th time, but that has no effect on its validity. If there is an issue that a lot of people are passionate about, expect to hear it from everyone. That's just a fact of life. Its no different for PSU than it is for any other point of contention.

Of course there's is nothing wrong with following up on how the game is going once you quit if you are still interested. Nor is there anything wrong with letting others know why you quit. There is however something wrong with this:
Topic:"What's going on with updates??"
Replies: -"LOL I quit this stupid game. Thats cuz it sux." (Why are these people posting this? Please tell me how this helps if you believe it does in some way.)
- "I quit. This is why. (10 minutes of reading later...)"
- (Replies to above post.) "Didn't you just post that in the last three threads? o.O?"

The first person is a whiner as the second is a complaint spammer. Neither of which are really needed. If you want to explain to people in full detail why you left, you should only have to do it once, same thing with me stating what I did on the OP. I should only say it once. If people don't agree with me, then that's their choice. I'm not going to repeat myself mindlessly to wait for everyone to reply.

At this point, if you left, there are many reasons as to why, and I don't personally care. I don't believe you should still have the right to complain about how a game is going if you don't even play it anymore, this is just me. As, not just I have stated, as others have as well, if you have a well written reason, with a good reason to your leave, by all means, let us know, but once is far enough.

Amtalx you said that you left because you were bored of it and found no one good to play with, so you gave up. Your reasons are liable to me, but neither will help the situation we have now. As for me, I find things to do and make friends to play with. As you can tell I'm picky, but that doesn't mean I just reject those who play differently then me, nor reject the opinions of those who don't believe in the same things I do.
The reason I say it's not going to help you is because, if you wish to know if more good players are playing, you need to actually play with them. You can't really know from here. As everyone knows, the 360 servers have lots of players, but that few of them are good players, or so we are all told. As for new content, that you can get here, but not by posting your same complaint. Come and read the updates, start playing again, then I'll take your complaints more seriously. This is just me though. Other people do probably agree with you more which is fine. Everyone has their right to their opinion, and all of this is mine.

Seority
Jul 22, 2008, 03:21 AM
It was just a move to a new building:

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?p=933441#933441

Thank you for letting me know what the official boards recived for information. I got what I did from pso-w, as I stated before.
Well then, the striking old team actually did something before they planned it. Maybe they're starting off on a new foot, meaning they are trying now? Either way, there's nothing wrong with putting a little more hope into the future from that.

Ezodagrom
Jul 22, 2008, 05:49 AM
I still have a small hope they can recover from this delays...but for that we would have to get GBR and events one after another, which most likely won't ever happen x.x
We would have to get neudaiz GBR from july 25 until august 22, dengeki event from august 22 until september 19, Parum GBR from september 26 until October 24, with Shred the darkness event starting on October 24 (with other updates during the GBRs). That way we would keep exactly 4 months delay compared to the japanese version.
If things don't change, if they keep screwing up and delaying things, the delay on updates compared to the JP version will increase to 5, 6 months, maybe even more ;.;

SStrikerR
Jul 22, 2008, 08:39 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/news/02179-upcoming-psu-server-downtime
^ PSO-W had the info that they were moving too.
Don't listen to what people say unless they got proof. "LoL mY FREnd SEz WEr gETtiNG BLK beASt wiT AXes for NANoblasT." You gonna believe that? I doubt it, so why would you believe someone starting a rumor that sega got a new team. Many people have already discussed the fact that ST doesn't give a shit about us, so why would they bother hiring a new team?

panzer_unit
Jul 22, 2008, 09:54 AM
Seo made a thread! <3

It's been a recent trend to make threads pointing out every flaw in PSU and ST. It's not only tiring, it's depressing to see half of the forum dedicated to complaining. A lot of you are justifying your and others constant negativity towards the game, which is kind of missing the point.

The forums have been like this since about 6 months after release. Even if everybody still playing quit the game and ST fired the servers into space, I think most of our current posters would keep hanging around and bitching about PSU like not getting caught up to JP for content and how bad an idea it was to shut down the game and all that.

The best thing to do is read the forums as little as possible and only when you have something specific to ask or find out.

amtalx
Jul 22, 2008, 10:45 AM
Of course there's is nothing wrong with following up on how the game is going once you quit if you are still interested. Nor is there anything wrong with letting others know why you quit. There is however something wrong with this:
Topic:"What's going on with updates??"
Replies: -"LOL I quit this stupid game. Thats cuz it sux." (Why are these people posting this? Please tell me how this helps if you believe it does in some way.)
- "I quit. This is why. (10 minutes of reading later...)"
- (Replies to above post.) "Didn't you just post that in the last three threads? o.O?"

The first person is a whiner as the second is a complaint spammer. Neither of which are really needed. If you want to explain to people in full detail why you left, you should only have to do it once, same thing with me stating what I did on the OP. I should only say it once. If people don't agree with me, then that's their choice. I'm not going to repeat myself mindlessly to wait for everyone to reply.

At this point, if you left, there are many reasons as to why, and I don't personally care. I don't believe you should still have the right to complain about how a game is going if you don't even play it anymore, this is just me. As, not just I have stated, as others have as well, if you have a well written reason, with a good reason to your leave, by all means, let us know, but once is far enough.

Amtalx you said that you left because you were bored of it and found no one good to play with, so you gave up. Your reasons are liable to me, but neither will help the situation we have now. As for me, I find things to do and make friends to play with. As you can tell I'm picky, but that doesn't mean I just reject those who play differently then me, nor reject the opinions of those who don't believe in the same things I do.
The reason I say it's not going to help you is because, if you wish to know if more good players are playing, you need to actually play with them. You can't really know from here. As everyone knows, the 360 servers have lots of players, but that few of them are good players, or so we are all told. As for new content, that you can get here, but not by posting your same complaint. Come and read the updates, start playing again, then I'll take your complaints more seriously. This is just me though. Other people do probably agree with you more which is fine. Everyone has their right to their opinion, and all of this is mine.

I think part of the problem is that you are looking for unique threads in a forum. In just about every message board, 90% of the threads are going to be about the same thing. "What's in next week's update?" "How do I get ?" "Where is the best place to level?" Blah blah blah. And just like the threads, you are going to hear the same replies 90% of the time. If the world were ideal and each thread was a beautiful and unique snowflake, we wouldn't have this problem. There would be one complaint thread, everyone would voice their opinion once, and you would never hear from them again. However, since ST's management issues effect every part of this game (let's face it, they are unavoidable at this point), you are going to hear a lot of the same tune. It just so happens that this time around, its about ST's screw ups instead of gunners getting boned on weapons, FTs finding their niche, missions being too easy, etc.

Saying that I need to be a paying customer to voice my opinion is a little skewed. I'm still an active participant in the community. Just because I don't let ST stick it in my bum while they try to fix the disaster they have created doesn't mean I can't tell people what I think. I chose not to pay ST while they are doing NOTHING. When they wake up and get back to work, then they can have my money again. Right now, players are just paying to keep the lights on. That's it.

I never said I was at a loss for good players. I've always had my friends from PSO-X and I met some very cool and impressive players during MAG. Some of them even had bullet levels comparable to my own (that was exciting for me, lame I know). My issue was there was nothing to do. I had almost all of my bullets maxed out (this is [i]before the PA update), every fG weapon available with 2 Spread Needle/Gs on the way, and more meseta than I was ever going to realistically spend. My force alt was well equipped as well (I LOATHE melee classes, so I won't make one). A new mission hasn't be unlocked for months and we are STILL waiting on rewards from an event that ended ages ago. WHAT THE HELL WAS I PAYING FOR? That is why I quit.

Seority
Jul 23, 2008, 02:59 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/news/02179-upcoming-psu-server-downtime
^ PSO-W had the info that they were moving too.
Don't listen to what people say unless they got proof. "LoL mY FREnd SEz WEr gETtiNG BLK beASt wiT AXes for NANoblasT." You gonna believe that? I doubt it, so why would you believe someone starting a rumor that sega got a new team. Many people have already discussed the fact that ST doesn't give a shit about us, so why would they bother hiring a new team?

I heard this from many people, not just one. No one has told me differently until now. Does it look like I'm trying to convince others that they did hire new people? No, that's just what I heard from others. I think they do care about us if they are moving to a new building to make thing better for them. They also did had us up and running at decent rate. Do I have proof that they will do better now? No, I'm not trying to convince you this is true. This is my opinion and I am one of the people who hope for a better future.

I think part of the problem is that you are looking for unique threads in a forum. In just about every message board, 90% of the threads are going to be about the same thing. "What's in next week's update?" "How do I get ?" "Where is the best place to level?" Blah blah blah. And just like the threads, you are going to hear the same replies 90% of the time. If the world were ideal and each thread was a beautiful and unique snowflake, we wouldn't have this problem. There would be one complaint thread, everyone would voice their opinion once, and you would never hear from them again. However, since ST's management issues effect every part of this game (let's face it, they are unavoidable at this point), you are going to hear a lot of the same tune. It just so happens that this time around, its about ST's screw ups instead of gunners getting boned on weapons, FTs finding their niche, missions being too easy, etc.

Saying that I need to be a paying customer to voice my opinion is a little skewed. I'm still an active participant in the community. Just because I don't let ST stick it in my bum while they try to fix the disaster they have created doesn't mean I can't tell people what I think. I chose not to pay ST while they are doing NOTHING. When they wake up and get back to work, then they can have my money again. Right now, players are just paying to keep the lights on. That's it.

I never said I was at a loss for good players. I've always had my friends from PSO-X and I met some very cool and impressive players during MAG. Some of them even had bullet levels comparable to my own (that was exciting for me, lame I know). My issue was there was nothing to do. I had almost all of my bullets maxed out (this is [i]before the PA update), every fG weapon available with 2 Spread Needle/Gs on the way, and more meseta than I was ever going to realistically spend. My force alt was well equipped as well (I LOATHE melee classes, so I won't make one). A new mission hasn't be unlocked for months and we are STILL waiting on rewards from an event that ended ages ago. WHAT THE HELL WAS I PAYING FOR? That is why I quit.

I never said I wanted things to be perfect, the way I want them to be, I'm just stating it's ridiculous to see three, four, even five topics about the same thing, everyday, with people posting the exact same things, none of which have solved anything, nor help the overall situation, exept fuel the complainers fires.
If anything I'm just stating for others to stop posting to meaningless threads as that so others won't keep repeating them. Also for threads with meaning to not spam post, "Lol Segac killed the game!" and leave. We already know that they were doing terrible. Posting that is the same as saying "The sky is blue!"

Yes, as I said, quiting is not a sin. At this point, many state it's salvation, but you arn't putting the lights on, so if they continue to screw up, it's really none of your concern. Post your copy replies and complain all you want. It's your right, and no right of mine to tell you that you can't, but it's hard to convince a resturant to make better service, when you don't eat there anymore. If they cared, they'd be concerned that you left, but they are putting the demands of paying customers above yours, which is what I'm stating.

If you are bored with the game quit, as I have already said. The reason you are still here and still concerned is not because you want to see this game fail from Sega, but the fact that you still have hope that things will get better. So, you and I are here for the same thing. This means I am saying you won't post, "LOL SEGAC SUX", or, "I quit, so you should to!" which is what I want to stop, therefor, I'm not complaining about people like you.

thunder-ray
Jul 23, 2008, 06:03 AM
You know seority I understand were your coming from with this but the bottom line is people are going to complain no matter what. Best thing I can say is just keep the hope up that sega will improve with you and the few others you know that feel the same way you do.

amtalx
Jul 23, 2008, 09:18 AM
I never said I wanted things to be perfect, the way I want them to be, I'm just stating it's ridiculous to see three, four, even five topics about the same thing, everyday, with people posting the exact same things, none of which have solved anything, nor help the overall situation, exept fuel the complainers fires.
If anything I'm just stating for others to stop posting to meaningless threads as that so others won't keep repeating them. Also for threads with meaning to not spam post, "Lol Segac killed the game!" and leave. We already know that they were doing terrible. Posting that is the same as saying "The sky is blue!"

Yes, as I said, quiting is not a sin. At this point, many state it's salvation, but you arn't putting the lights on, so if they continue to screw up, it's really none of your concern. Post your copy replies and complain all you want. It's your right, and no right of mine to tell you that you can't, but it's hard to convince a resturant to make better service, when you don't eat there anymore. If they cared, they'd be concerned that you left, but they are putting the demands of paying customers above yours, which is what I'm stating.

If you are bored with the game quit, as I have already said. The reason you are still here and still concerned is not because you want to see this game fail from Sega, but the fact that you still have hope that things will get better. So, you and I are here for the same thing. This means I am saying you won't post, "LOL SEGAC SUX", or, "I quit, so you should to!" which is what I want to stop, therefor, I'm not complaining about people like you.

I agree that the repetition is pointless, but I think you are going to run into that any time you visit a forum. Its just part of life on the internet.

Your restaurant analogy would work if they were thriving and could afford to loose customers. However, in ST Bar & Grill's case, they are loosing customers by the minute, and they didn't have that many to begin with (speaking strictly of the US servers). If ST follows your business logic of not caring about non-paying customers, they will be out of business. FAST. The problem is those people are potential customers and ST is doing nothing to get the sale. And their delinquency has reached a such a dire state that they are loosing established customers, the loyal fanbase that has kept them afloat this long. If the servers aren't updated for the rest of the year, are you really going to keep paying? What happens when ST looses all of their existing customers and still continues to ignore the plight of potential customers? Their business model is no longer profitable and the servers close. Or, at the very least we end up in the same boat as the PSO-X servers, going years without updates. The JP servers would keep the business afloat from the revenue side, but since the US servers don't bring in any money...they get nothing. No updates, no events, no new missions, nothing. I don't know if you were on the business end of the Eternal Xmas on PSO, but it was bullshit in its purest form. The key difference there is we had all the content already so there were actually rares to hunt, hundreds of them. Not like PSU.

I REALLY want ST to get everything together, and turn PSU into what I know it can be. However, one day I realized that I wasn't paying for updates and new content to explore. I was paying to prolong my desperate hopes that ST will one day return to greatness like the prodigal son. What I didn't see is that continuing to pay ST in this manner would result in nothing. If you were ST, and thousands of people kept paying you every month even though you weren't actually providing a well-rounded service, would you keep doing the same thing? Most people would. Its a pretty sweet gig. Do nothing and get paid. When people complain, throw out some empty promises to quell the crowd and continue raking in the cash. The only thing that will force a change is when they stop getting paid to do nothing. When people finally go "WTF, this is a waste of money, I'd rather go buy 40 packs of gum". Every business has different customer support practices, some responsive, some not. But EVERY business responds when you hit their bottom line. They either shape up and right the wrongs, or go down in flames.

Adriano
Jul 23, 2008, 09:26 AM
I agree that the repetition is pointless, but I think you are going to run into that any time you visit a forum. Its just part of life on the internet.

Your restaurant analogy would work if they were thriving and could afford to loose customers. However, in ST Bar & Grill's case, they are loosing customers by the minute, and they didn't have that many to begin with (speaking strictly of the US servers). If ST follows your business logic of not caring about non-paying customers, they will be out of business. FAST. The problem is those people are potential customers and ST is doing nothing to get the sale. And their delinquency has reached a such a dire state that they are loosing established customers, the loyal fanbase that has kept them afloat this long. If the servers aren't updated for the rest of the year, are you really going to keep paying? What happens when ST looses all of their existing customers and still continues to ignore the plight of potential customers? Their business model is no longer profitable and the servers close. Or, at the very least we end up in the same boat as the PSO-X servers, going years without updates. The JP servers would keep the business afloat from the revenue side, but since the US servers don't bring in any money...they get nothing. No updates, no events, no new missions, nothing. I don't know if you were on the business end of the Eternal Xmas on PSO, but it was bullshit in its purest form. The key difference there is we had all the content already so there were actually rares to hunt, hundreds of them. Not like PSU.

I REALLY want ST to get everything together, and turn PSU into what I know it can be. However, one day I realized that I wasn't paying for updates and new content to explore. I was paying to prolong my desperate hopes that ST will one day return to greatness like the prodigal son. What I didn't see is that continuing to pay ST in this manner would result in nothing. If you were ST, and thousands of people kept paying you every month even though you weren't actually providing a well-rounded service, would you keep doing the same thing? Most people would. Its a pretty sweet gig. Do nothing and get paid. When people complain, throw out some empty promises to quell the crowd and continue raking in the cash. The only thing that will force a change is when they stop getting paid to do nothing. When people finally go "WTF, this is a waste of money, I'd rather go buy 40 packs of gum". Every business has different customer support practices, some responsive, some not. But EVERY business responds when you hit their bottom line. They either shape up and right the wrongs, or go down in flames.

Amtal YOU get a trophy. That was Eloquent, and without being abrasive, I commend you for that.
You basically said what I thought in better words.

Seority
Jul 23, 2008, 03:06 PM
You seemed to miss my point.
The resurant will take up the compliants of paying customers over those who arn't customers, but they will take in both. If Sega is business conscience now, they'd try to please those who still pay them then try to help out those who quit, but wish to come back. Step order, so technically my compliant is "higher" then yours, but not by much. Both of ours should be equally concidered by Sega.

As you even know, many people have left because they are impatient with waiting for their promised updates. I still find this game intertaining without the updates. Even though I still have a lot of things I want to accomplish, without updates, a time will come where I have all I want, then I'd no longer wish to play. Just like most of the players who left because the game was too easy. They made their characters set to be the best, so if they come back now or even months from now, they would still be the best players and have the best gear. I would like to be one of them, but hopefully continuly playing PSU and being even better.

As I said, we both have the same opinions of what Sega has done and what we wish for them to do. I respect this greatly.

amtalx
Jul 23, 2008, 04:27 PM
In this case, the people seated in the restaurant are complaining for the same reason as the people walking out to go across the street. The service sucks. Unless I am missing something, there hasn't been much variety in the nature of the complaints. The only difference between the two groups is that one has the patience to put up with the poor management, while the other feels their money better spent at an establishment that doesn't make you wait an hour for an appetizer. I'm one of the dudes walking across the street. I like the food just as much as you do, but I realized that I can get food that's just as good, if not better, from a place with better management. When ST gets all their ducks in a row, I'm more than willing to come back.

I was one of the people that complained about missions being too easy, and it never stopped me from playing. I probably even made more of a name for myself than I'd like to admit complaining about how gunners always get screwed. No game is perfect, and particularly in the case of ORPGS, you aren't going to keep everyone happy. However, complaining about gameplay mechanics is pretty trivial in the long run. At this point, balancing classes and whatnot is the furthest thing from people's mind. They just want what they are paying for, and lack of content effects everyone. Granted, I was one of the more "extreme" players. I probably cracked 70+ hours per week during MAG, so players like myself run out of content FAST. But with ST's prolonged absenteeism, even the casual players are getting effected. Not to mention that when the management of any organization consistent reneges on basic contently delivery, customers start to loose faith, and no one wants to be part of that.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 23, 2008, 04:42 PM
Who was the one that said a complaining soldier is a happy soldier?

ShinMaruku
Jul 23, 2008, 04:51 PM
You bought into a Sonic Team game, it's your fault.

Zael
Jul 24, 2008, 06:37 AM
whining/complaining solves nothing. The way I see it, if you wanna quit, then just quit silently. Gotta love how people are announcing it and whining, thinking they're making a difference.

Alastor_Haven
Jul 24, 2008, 07:48 AM
whining/complaining solves nothing. The way I see it, if you wanna quit, then just quit silently. Gotta love how people are announcing it and whining, thinking they're making a difference.

Holy shit

Greatest post ever

But yeah

Why do you people announce it?

:)

amtalx
Jul 24, 2008, 08:04 AM

"Complaining" is was got us a lot of the gameplay changes in AoI, and updates like the PA rebalance. ST has said as much. If you don't let the people in charge know what's wrong, they can't fix it.

Para
Jul 24, 2008, 08:50 AM
"Complaining" is was got us a lot of the gameplay changes in AoI, and updates like the PA rebalance. ST has said as much. If you don't let the people in charge know what's wrong, they can't fix it.

In the end, its the fine line of constructive whining and being a motherfucking bitch.

;o

CelestialBlade
Jul 24, 2008, 01:22 PM
In the end, its the fine line of constructive whining and being a motherfucking bitch.

;o
Yeah, pretty much. "Motherfucking bitch" can also be replaced with "attention whore" too.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 24, 2008, 02:16 PM

People in charge not reading what's wrong doesn't help either.

Seority
Jul 24, 2008, 04:18 PM

;o

>_o Sadly true.
Ouch, I guess those people are guilty for turning PSU from "Challenging and fun", to "Easy and boring". Not just the ones here, but ones in Japan also.
I don't like you people. :rant:

CelestialBlade
Jul 24, 2008, 04:21 PM
>_o Sadly true.
Ouch, I guess those people are guilty for turning PSU from "Challenging and fun", to "Easy and boring". Not just the ones here, but ones in Japan also.
That's happened on multiple occasions, 90% of the time originating in Japan....the Howzer fight, for instance. I'm certain they're going to nerf the 16x Magashi fight once enough players whine, as well. Sucks for us, we don't get anything remotely challenging.

Zael
Jul 24, 2008, 07:33 PM

Correction: The JP's (the people that matter) complaining got us the gameplay changes in AotI.

Seority
Jul 25, 2008, 04:39 AM
God, I'm still hoping that they will keep the Magashi's as hard as it can be. Having one thing that's challenging is not asking much when everything else in this game is simple.
>_<'

Personally, I wouldn't mind things being PSU vanilla difficult with all the extras of AoI. I don't mind if they make the game easier for casual players, yet they, eventually, made the whole game easy for them, which is bad news for us challenge seekers.

I still have hope that maybe S3+ missions will be ridiculous.
:)

amtalx
Jul 25, 2008, 08:27 AM
>_o Sadly true.

Hey, I for one wanted the PA rebalance to just make the Skills take 3x longer and leave everything else alone. :p

Seority
Jul 25, 2008, 09:22 AM
The balance was nice, but all of, all of, the bosses so easy to defeat? None are actually challenging when you have the best stuff. Should it really be this way?
I think what makes a good game is, the norm isn't too difficult to achieve, but the difficult will always remain. If you have the best of the best, most things should be easy, but I still think some things should be difficult for that player, at least soloing. PSU is something where you can have good things and be able to solo easily, which isn't right to me.

Aisha379
Jul 25, 2008, 10:28 AM
I still have hope that maybe S3+ missions will be ridiculous.

A few days ago I told my friend "They'd have to skip to S5 to make the game hard again".

The only nerfs I ever approved of were the bugs EVP nerf back in the old days, and the PA rebalance.

For those who don't know, the Neudaiz bugs EVP was so insane at the beginning, you pretty much had to be a cast gunner to fight them at all...I like a challenge, but that was NOT a challenge. It was just rolling a 50 sided dice trying to get it to land on 1 (for an odd comparison).

And if people actually think PSU is going to ever be challenging again, you should check out this video of MasterFighters Jarboga.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ec-earJ2ug

(Yeah, that was an S2 dimma)

Its not just Masterfighter either. I had a download link a friend gave me to a video of a Gunmaster doing almost-equally crazy shit damage, but I losteded it =(

CelestialBlade
Jul 25, 2008, 10:32 AM
Yeah that's pretty much why I absolutely hate Masterclasses, in a nutshell.

Even the bug EVP I was actually okay with, if they weren't part of the super-popular Lab Recovery mission nobody would have said a word about them. I probably would have been more in favor of lowering their HP (they're bugs, they should have high EVP but low HP) and left it at that, myself.

Seority
Jul 25, 2008, 10:41 AM
Even though I fell in love with Chikki and slicers, I have to admit they needed just the first two nerfs to chikki. The one target per enemy hit, not every target on an enemy, and the first damage nerf, where they cut out like 20% but made it expensive to use PP wise. I don't care for the 40% of what it was for really cheap. It was my first PA to 40 too.
But anyway yeah, that video amuses me. I'll enjoy the masterclasses a lot if they had challenging missions to compensate for them. Even though I have the bad chill in my spine that I'm going to see level 60 masterclasses running around with broken, low percentage, kubara 10*s, and owning S missions.
-le sigh- Lol.

amtalx
Jul 25, 2008, 11:02 AM
I like the bugs original EVP... It means you needed a gunner in your party to drop SE and a techer to throw buffs/debuffs. TEAMWORK.

CelestialBlade
Jul 25, 2008, 11:08 AM
I like the bugs original EVP... It means you needed a gunner in your party to drop SE and a techer to throw buffs/debuffs. TEAMWORK.
Wow, parties that need gunners, what a concept!

A concept that I miss ;_;

Aisha379
Jul 25, 2008, 11:21 AM

Well, I was a soloing beast FF, so I really didn't like it too much =X

I guess it would have been fine if they had low HP like Typheros suggested though...

amtalx
Jul 25, 2008, 11:49 AM
ST should just have a "challenge" universe where everything looks the same but enemies hit 3x as hard and have 3x their normal HP. Slightly increased drop rates of course. :D

relentless
Jul 25, 2008, 11:52 AM
Make it Uni 01 so us lazy people only need to hit the button up once if we want to go to our room.
I always found it funny how everyone went over to Uni 02 and never back, because Uni 01 crashed a lot back then.