PDA

View Full Version : Duping is still possible...

Barubary6
Jan 27, 2003, 07:51 PM
I don't know how, but someone today proved that duping was still possible. Here's what I did...

Someone online was looking for a Yasha to dupe. I figured that they might be able to, so I played along. I told him that I had a Yasha on another character that I'd let him dupe if he could prove that he could dupe.

In reality, I didn't have a Yasha. I went offline to make one. I also made a useless item that cannot be faked but can be duplicated - a useless item with an invisible marking. I came back online and joined his team. In the trade window, I showed the hacked Yasha to prove that I had one. I then removed the Yasha and gave him my hacked item.

10 minutes later he returned with an exact copy of my hacked item. I blocked him (since I had to give him my card to convince him to try), disconnected, and destroyed the hacked item and the Yasha.

So Sonic Team is corrupting characters just to make duping slightly harder...

-- Barubary

Ian D
Jan 27, 2003, 08:01 PM
Not much of a surprise...

ULTICOMP
Jan 27, 2003, 08:14 PM
WTF?! How did you hack an item?

KingCanin
Jan 27, 2003, 08:33 PM
Not with simple means like a cheat device to be sure, so I wouldn't even bother asking further Ulticomp.

ULTICOMP
Jan 27, 2003, 08:51 PM
Well I'm sure it wasn't with a damn GameShark. I'd still like to know because I've got my own theories about it but don't have the programming knowledge to put them to the test.

zerohoax
Jan 27, 2003, 08:58 PM
On 2003-01-27 16:51, Barubary6 wrote:
I don't know how, but someone today proved that duping was still possible. Here's what I did...

Someone online was looking for a Yasha to dupe. I figured that they might be able to, so I played along. I told him that I had a Yasha on another character that I'd let him dupe if he could prove that he could dupe.

In reality, I didn't have a Yasha. I went offline to make one. I also made a useless item that cannot be faked but can be duplicated - a useless item with an invisible marking. I came back online and joined his team. In the trade window, I showed the hacked Yasha to prove that I had one. I then removed the Yasha and gave him my hacked item.

10 minutes later he returned with an exact copy of my hacked item. I blocked him (since I had to give him my card to convince him to try), disconnected, and destroyed the hacked item and the Yasha.

-- Barubary

10 minutes? Sounds like EMS card to me, no online duping took/takes 10 minutes. I would assume you would have known about this already, thus making my inner thigh look more attractive than a apple pie.

I <3 girls,
zerohoax

ChronoTrigga_Lost
Jan 27, 2003, 09:19 PM
Barubary doesn't lie when it comes to online hacking and stuff like that. He actually does the stuff. By the way, is Action replay out? Or do you have something else that can create Yasha?

PentUpAnger
Jan 27, 2003, 09:48 PM
AR is supposed to be out within two weeks... but I doubt it... it has been pushed back so many times before.

On a side note, some mod/guy/idiot over at the AR forums is saying that no one will be able to hack AR codes... now I do realize that a normal person would not be able to... but this guy is making it sound like NO ONE outside of Datel will be able to...
yeah... right... (www.codejunkies.com btw...)

RagMasterRappy
Jan 27, 2003, 10:24 PM
The new patch might have reduced duping by a certain factor online, but there's always going to be a way to do it somehow if there's data that can be modified in an insecure environment (such as in the offline game.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RagMasterRappy on 2003-01-27 19:26 ]</font>

Eden
Jan 27, 2003, 10:51 PM
On 2003-01-27 19:24, RagMasterRappy wrote:
The new patch might have reduced duping by a certain factor online, but there's always going to be a way to do it somehow if there's data that can be modified in an insecure environment (such as in the offline game.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RagMasterRappy on 2003-01-27 19:26 ]</font>
http://www.thedarkesthour.com/lol/interesting.jpg

Johan
Jan 28, 2003, 02:03 AM
Actually, it is possible that no one could hack AR codes. The GBA GameShark (and thus, probably the GBA Action Replay as well) used encrypted codes, thus, without knowing how this encryption scheme works, you can't make your own codes. It may ultimately be the same with the GCN Action Replay.

ULTICOMP
Jan 28, 2003, 04:09 PM
People have told me you can't make copies of your PSO save with the USB memory card but it seems to be true that you can and that if you know what your doing you can creat items from thin air but I'm probably wrong.

PentUpAnger
Jan 28, 2003, 07:28 PM
On 2003-01-27 23:03, Johan wrote:
Actually, it is possible that no one could hack AR codes.

Actually... everything is possible. Hex is a great thing, just ask you-know-who. Encrypted codes mean nothing to the right people.

Excalibur_II
Jan 28, 2003, 09:59 PM
Rune: Do not ask that

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2003-01-31 01:54 ]</font>

RagMasterRappy
Jan 28, 2003, 10:15 PM
On 2003-01-28 18:59, Excalibur_II wrote:

"Offline." I'm assuming that. I don't actually know.

Rune edit: had to get rid of the quote.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RagMasterRappy on 2003-01-28 19:15 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2003-01-31 01:59 ]</font>

Wow, really? Hmm..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RagMasterRappy on 2003-01-31 04:33 ]</font>

Eden
Jan 28, 2003, 10:15 PM
go ask that some where else

RuneLateralus
Jan 28, 2003, 11:06 PM
Just to let you know, this place is not for sharing cheats. Please do not ask again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2003-01-31 01:58 ]</font>

zerohoax
Jan 29, 2003, 06:36 AM
On 2003-01-27 16:51, Barubary6 wrote:

-- Barubary

Who was it, Model 838, justisSRVD, and/or LORD/(superb)?

Polenicus
Jan 31, 2003, 12:40 AM
On 2003-01-28 20:06, RuneLateralus wrote:

On 2003-01-28 18:59, Excalibur_II wrote:
how do you dupe?

Just to let you know, this place is not for sharing cheats. Please do not ask again.

I think perhaps he's asking how BARUBARY does it, not how in general.

Barubary is one of those people who gets more enjoyment out of taking apart a game like PSO and seeing how it works rather than actually playing it. He's sworn off sharing his codes with anyone else, lest they be used for evil, and I doubt the setup he uses resembles ANYTHING that is or ever will be commercially available, and probably requires a degree from MIT to set up.

He's basically been acting as a monitor for us, letting us know what's REALLY going on on the Sega servers and whatnot. And I assume he has an Xbox similarly rigged in preparation for PSO Xbox ;p

RuneLateralus
Jan 31, 2003, 01:34 AM
I know who he was asking, but I was telling him not to ask for codes PERIOD!!! This is not a site devoted to distribute cheats, despite what some people might hear. This section is for the discussion of cheats and how they affect us in the game. Nothing more.

Riku
Feb 2, 2003, 09:48 PM
theres still an online dupe..its quite easy to do

Riku
Feb 2, 2003, 10:24 PM
oh yeah mod lord and justis didnt discover

zerohoax
Feb 3, 2003, 06:47 PM
On 2003-02-02 19:24, Riku wrote:
oh yeah mod lord and justis didnt discover

noone said they discovered it

Sparkoma
Feb 18, 2003, 12:32 AM
ok if u need to dupe on pso then u are dumb. pso is the easiest game ever so try to play the game!!!! errrrrr!

Davka
Feb 19, 2003, 02:07 AM
On 2003-01-30 21:40, Polenicus wrote:

Barubary is one of those people who gets more enjoyment out of taking apart a game like PSO and seeing how it works rather than actually playing it. He's sworn off sharing his codes with anyone else, lest they be used for evil

Actually Bar levels himself up legit and doesn't make items for himself so you're wrong there. He enjoys the game and doesn't want to ruin the experience. Of course he's not going to share his codes. The gc doesn't need to turn into the dc version. He did all the hard work, why should he just hand it out to fools like you who trash talk him when you obviously don't know him?