PDA

View Full Version : mistake becoming wartecher?

SirCheeksz
Jul 19, 2008, 06:43 PM
im a lvl 48 beast and i started out by switchin to fortefighter and am now lvl 5 at that class but i recently switched to force,lvled it up and became a wartecher. was this a mistake? I like to do alot of damage and love axes and i didnt switch to heal myself/buff myself, but i did it to heal/buff others, i could care less about healing and buffing myself cus thats how i am and why i wanted to be fortefighter. so i was wondering if a wartecher can still do major damage like a fortefighter and if its a good class for beast.

mll
Jul 19, 2008, 06:54 PM
Its a good class for a beast.
Wartecher won't come near the damage of a fortefighter and
It's only a mistake if your not enjoying it.
There's been dozens of threads on wartecher recently, if you go back a page or two you'll find them pretty easily. It answers and goes into a lot more detail on all your questions

Dragwind
Jul 19, 2008, 06:54 PM
I personally am not a fan of beast wartecher stats, but if you want to mainly support others, I'd raise Acrotecher.

As far as damage, any class can output good damage if you know how to use their weapon selection well, and raise the class to its cap. Especially hybrids should be raised to their cap before you can really judge their potential.

SirCheeksz
Jul 19, 2008, 07:04 PM
hmm, well i think that ill remain a fortefighter just until i can build enough money to get a good WT pallete. and if someone could tell me for the future, whats the best two weapon combo for wartecher, such as whip/tech mag, or dagger/card

PekingDuck13
Jul 19, 2008, 07:06 PM
It's a good class, but not for healing/buffing others. Wartechers only get lv 20 support techs, so they are pretty much the worst class for support that actually has support. I can still support my party just fine if I need to, but if the main thing you want to do is heal/buff you should be an Acrotecher.

Rayokarna
Jul 19, 2008, 07:18 PM
Once WT get lvl 30 support that's what you will be doing. WT is more about pallet managing then anything else. But have fun playing it.

(I play a CAST WT btw)

unicorn
Jul 19, 2008, 08:51 PM
I think WT is a defensive class. I don't think it was meant to be high attack damage, tech damage, or support. They're just supposed to be the best survivors with decent stats.

Only problem is, PSU doesn't value playing defensively (atm atleast).

DAMASCUS
Jul 19, 2008, 10:38 PM
As far as doing damage as a Wartecher Beast you may get frustrated with an extremely low accuracy from that class plus your race.

Maybe work on Figunner for now until Fighmaster is available and dish it out then?

..otherwise a Beast in a support role is an oxymoron.

VivAviva
Jul 19, 2008, 10:50 PM
i <3 Pecking....he is my Fav beast Wartecher EVER!

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jul 20, 2008, 12:10 AM
I think WT is a defensive class.
Only problem is, PSU doesn't value playing defensively.All of this is true.

Wartecher excels at versatility and durability, neither of which are rewarded by the game.
The game rewards strong damage and good support, and Wartecher is mediocre at best on both accounts.