PDA

View Full Version : Avatar: The Last Airbender

McLaughlin
Jul 19, 2008, 11:50 PM
That was a fantastic season finale, ending a fantastic show.

What'd everyone else think of the show as a whole?

AxelgearVII
Jul 20, 2008, 12:36 AM

The ending seemed incomplete. Zuko asked Ozai where his mother was and they never followed up. No one ever said she was dead, and yet she was never found. They never followed up on what happened to Azula, no scene of what happens in the future, no sneak peek at the next avatar, no overall ending denouement. I also found it weak how a giant talking turtle was the magical answer to all of Aang's problems. It was good enough though I guess. I still think the premise was too good for it to be a Nickelodeon show though.

anwserman
Jul 20, 2008, 12:56 AM
I cried at the end. Everyone being happy was too much, and Aang and Katara kissing put the tears over the top.

I felt that everything was complete. Compared to the series finale of another show I was dying to wait for (Angel) this was awesome. The huge-ass turtles were fine with me, and now reading online they were mentioned before. And in the intro too, as someone pointed out.

I want to know when the next Avatar adventure gets released... but as of now, there are no solid plans for a sequel or spinoff. :cry:

It was a great run. Like anything else, it had its ups and downs, but I am a fan hardcore. And crazy Azula was amazing.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 20, 2008, 01:35 AM
I really enjoyed it. The battle scenes where awesome and beautiful.

I think it left a little bit open I think for a side-story special, or maybe to tie in to the animated(?) or live action(?) feature film that I've heard about that's being made supposedly. There's several possibilities, like the search for Zuko's mother, the possibilty that *maybe* there's some small hidden sect of Air Benders exists and Aang is looking for them (could tie-in to the search for Zuko's mom maybe?)
I think there's strong potential for a 1-shot or 2 shot special animated film (direct to DVD maybe?)

That was messed up how that mean psycho-byatch Azula went totally mad/insane, her fight with Zuko and then Katara was just as epic and Aang's battle with Ozai.
I thought it was really awesome that the island Aang was on was actually on the shell of a giant turtle-lion, and it very cool that Aang understood the clue from the giant sea turtle-lion and basically froze Ozai's life-force, adjusted it, then permanently sealed his chakras et all allowing him to in effect take away Ozai's ability to Firebend. That was great.
Overall I thought it was a great ending to the series.

anwserman
Jul 20, 2008, 02:47 AM
When Katara and Aang look at each other at the end, Katara really reminds me of Alys from PSIV :wacko:

Shattered_weasel
Jul 20, 2008, 02:51 AM
Speechless.

lilswtaznboi
Jul 20, 2008, 09:01 AM
Flabbergasted. It was Pretty good watched this instead of Two a Days.

Anduril
Jul 20, 2008, 09:56 PM
I feel that the battles were very climactic, though somewhat too exaggerated even for this series. (Seriously, 3 kids take down a whole fleet of Airships?) I kinda feel that Azula's descent into madness could have been fleshed out a little better throughout the season (most of it seemed to just be concentrated in "The Beach" and right before her "coronation"), and it was a bit lame that no one ended up dying, though I can't really complain seeing as it is a Nickelodeon show. The whole Birthday part was priceless though. I would give it an 8/10.

Fure_Rakune
Jul 20, 2008, 11:15 PM
Eeee I cant believe I missed it, I havent read any post in this because I want to catch it all on my own time.
I used to have a wonderful site bookmarked were I could watch constantly updated Avatar episodes, does anybody have such a resource, Id love to watch the series finale.

anwserman
Jul 20, 2008, 11:27 PM
Eeee I cant believe I missed it, I havent read any post in this because I want to catch it all on my own time.
I used to have a wonderful site bookmarked were I could watch constantly updated Avatar episodes, does anybody have such a resource, Id love to watch the series finale.

We're not allowed to specifically mention any sites where copyrighted material may be distributed, etc. Don't feel like getting a 2nd warning. However, you might be able to find it online via torrents.

Fure_Rakune
Jul 21, 2008, 12:36 AM
Actual thorough googling led me back to my precious goldmine of a site, however no current avatar episodes!
However!
Nickelodeon just played the final two episodes, so I caught it miraculously in time.
All I have to say is it was a perfectly fitting episode to a wonderful series.
Sucks it has to end, but all things do.

Fure_Rakune
Jul 22, 2008, 12:47 AM
Totally double posting in this bitch to bump it up.
At the end credits it said "Dedicated to the memory of Micheal DiMartino"
Did the he pass away?
Im unable to find anything on the interwebs...

McLaughlin
Jul 22, 2008, 12:53 AM
No idea. I saw that too.

Anduril
Jul 22, 2008, 12:57 AM
Father maybe? He is still listed as a Living Person on Wikipedia.

Fure_Rakune
Jul 22, 2008, 01:21 AM
Its possible it could be the father, I guess their names could have a varying middle name so there wouldnt be a DiMartino Jr or whatnot...
Im still hopeful for a follow up movie or spin off, a man can dream.

Solstis
Jul 22, 2008, 10:35 AM
Oh man, so many plot directions went unexplored in the finale. Still really enjoyed it, hoping for spin-offs.