PDA

View Full Version : Trick for Rare mags? Does this work?

Tranas
Jul 20, 2008, 05:54 AM
I noticed that to get a rare mag, the Level 4 Evolution at Mag Level 100... You have to have a few conditions met...

For example for a Sato:
FO Female
VIRIDIA, BLUEFUL, REDRIA, WHITILL
DEF + DEX = POW + MIND

Are the requirements.

So let's say I made a mag that was being raised on a Skyly Fomar... I got it all the way to level 99, and so far, DEF + DEX = POW + MIND, so that at 100, that condition would be met flawlessly.

So I decide to make a Fomarl, a female force with a WHITILL Section ID. I throw this lvl 99 mag at her, and she levels it to 100; THUSLY At level 100 of the mag, all conditions are set.

Now my question is, if the following scenario took place, would I have a Sato? Is there any proof of the conclusion of this theory?

Thanks! :D

Saffran
Jul 20, 2008, 07:29 AM
I think you got it right - the mag should turn into a Sato.
I haven't tried it for the 4th evolution mags, but I use that method to get certain photon blasts which I could normally not get with my character.

Jaspaller
Jul 20, 2008, 02:52 PM
That scenario would work perfectly fine. The only time there is a problem with that is if you are playing PSO:BB.

SStrikerR
Jul 20, 2008, 03:01 PM
Yep, that works. There's even a few guides here that tell you to do just that.

tekboy00
Jul 27, 2008, 07:33 PM
i did the exact some thing except my skyly was a female ranger and it worked out great i got a lvl 100 white sato . so now i have 2 rare mags my white Sato 22/25/28/25 and my yellow Diwari 20/60/60/60.
I have a ? for the rest of the hunters that answered this is, it worth going throw all the trouble for a rare mag, does it add some better aspect than any other mag evolution lvl

Ketchup345
Jul 27, 2008, 08:31 PM
Rare Mags never change. This means once your get one with the abilities you want (10% HP, Boss, Death, 100% PB), you can use it on any character and those abilities will still be there. Some rare Mags are easy to feed and some just look cool.

phantasy999
Jul 29, 2008, 08:41 AM
does it matter if i mess up on one antidote to get a rare mag

Jaspaller
Jul 29, 2008, 10:29 AM
As long as you don't make a huge mistake like levels in the wrong place you should be fine. If you can rebalance it, then mistakes won't matter much.

tekboy00
Jul 31, 2008, 01:31 PM
as long as the stat are = when u hit 100 u will get a rare mag for more info use this site here (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1031)
i didn't make the guide but it help me get both of my rare mags