PDA

View Full Version : Newman GT pallete/playstyle?

dreamcaster0
Jul 20, 2008, 08:15 AM
Is a Newman GT a viable character? I mean really, is it worth using level 20 techs for damage? I realize it'll have level 30 techs... well... whenever they get around to it. But anyway -- friend making a new character and was making one with him and thought a Newman GT would be a good idea... Is it? :)

dreamcaster0
Jul 21, 2008, 06:57 AM
:( ...

Seority
Jul 21, 2008, 06:58 AM
Talk to Typheros (aka Chelsea).
She can show you how GT Newmans can own. :)

DreXxiN
Jul 21, 2008, 07:01 AM
Or Charles :)

Seority
Jul 21, 2008, 07:13 AM
x3 <3

CelestialBlade
Jul 21, 2008, 10:19 AM
Oh look, yet another Newman GT thread. Seems to be no less than a billion of these lately, but I suppose I'll explain my build once more.

Newman GTs should strive to create a balance between bullet usage and offensive Technics. My female Newman GT has 1985 TP at level 30/GT20, so it's best not to waste that.

My attack palette general setup:

1) Rifle or Bow
2) Laser Cannon
3) Twin Handguns
4) Offensive TECH-Mag or Card / Offensive Wand
5) Buff TECH-Mag / Buff Wand
6) Crossbow / Healing Wand

Bullet usage: Obviously you have the lowest ATP of the two Ranger-oriented classes, though that shouldn't deter you from shooting something in the face with a Crossbow. Of all the Guntecher races, you should focus on SE usage more than any others. For pure power, stick with Crossbows, Cards, and Rifles (especially at 31+, the knockdown is *incredibly* useful). Laser Cannons are amazingly powerful, and keep Twin Handguns around because they can literally hit anything, and have pretty good DPS. As far as Ultimate PAs go, pick up Killer Shot and Yak Zagenga. Zagenga can really help out a lack of ATP.

Technic usage: Go for the power Technics. My offensive Technic list includes Foie, Rafoie, Rabarta, Razonde, Diga, Radiga, Nosdiga, Regrant, and Megiverse. You can add in Megid if you like, but I tend to stay away from penetrating Technics because you already have Laser Cannons, which are just plain devastating at 31+. Coupled with a well-grinded Shato or S-rank Wand, you can do some serious damage with Technics. They can also fully damage anything that bullets fall short on, such as robots. I actually find it faster to clear Train Rescue with Diga and a Lightning Crossbow than Killer Shot. As far as support goes, you have level 30 Technics here so abuse that. Most of the time I actually end up as the main support for a party. I'm a huge Giresta fan.

Armor: Prioritize Head/Arm/Body slots. I personally like Yamata-senbas, though if you can get ahold of Storm Lines then by all means do so. I currently use a Har/Quick, Solid/Power S, and any of the Resist units.

relentless
Jul 21, 2008, 10:49 AM
Summing up GT like that really makes me wanna try playing that class intensively now. o:

CelestialBlade
Jul 21, 2008, 11:22 AM
Summing up GT like that really makes me wanna try playing that class intensively now. o:
It's a lot more fun than most people realize. You won't be the best at anything, but there's tons of variety. It's probably why I rarely play other classes on Chelsea. Only thing is, you need to have well-leveled Bullets and you need to know how to dodge well, but that's pretty easy with GT considering it specializes in more mobile weapons.

dc534
Jul 21, 2008, 01:30 PM
With how weak this class is I say lvl up those debuffs.

Here is what my current pallete is like running Desert Goliath S2:

Shotgun
wand/Mag combo All Four buffs on
Twin Handgun
Wand with Giresta and Reverser/ Tech mag with Debuff, zoldeel and zalure
Rifle
Rifle

When running non-robot runs I switch out the mag with a card or a mechgun, usually I do not carry more than two rifles and usually swap out one of those rifles with a bow or some more twin handguns. Crossbows are nice if you are patient enough to get them lvled but most of the time I just carry two tech mags as I show above.

More GT need to use debuffs, I hardly ever see GT so maybe that is why, I mean why use lvl 20 techs when you have lvl 3 debuffs, might as well be some help to the group by debuffing, with a har quick and a shottie nearby it does not take more than .5 seconds to throw two debuffs for the group, this will help you gain experience too, because you do get experience from enemies by debuffing them. Listen GT is a support gunner class, instead of using offensive techs, you use guns. I mean there will be situations, very few, that you will need to use your attack techs, but the majority of the time your guns will do greater damage than casting spells.

Good luck with that class I like it for the simple fact I like the way the class plays.