PDA

View Full Version : Is now a good time to be coming back?

Mike
Jul 21, 2008, 08:21 PM
Hello everyone.

Not that there's probably anyone that remembers me though nor do I remember anyone else... I originally came here for the original DC PSO and GC PSO when they came out and now that PSP is on the way, I've gradually been getting back in to PS-. I played through the story mode of PSU in anticipation of PSP and even dabbled in the Japanese PSOBB before spilling coffee on my laptop and putting it out of commision till at least the end of August. With the PSP trial/demo out, I'm happy though but it makes me long for the days of playing with other people.

So, once my laptop gets back and I'm able to purchase a copy of AoI (No direct2drive? Doh.) I was thinking of getting back in. Looking at the state of things, or at least the way people are talking about the state of things, they aren't good. So, should I just stick with my PSP then? If the community is tight enough, even a degenerating game is fun. That's one of the reasons I liked PSO: I was a part of a nice community. Not this one, but the now defucnt DCPSO social board over on Gamefaqs. The community was good and the gathering were good. Anyways, the question, again, is "Is PSU (with AoI) worth coming back to?"

Adriano
Jul 22, 2008, 03:46 AM
Hello everyone.
is "Is PSU (with AoI) worth coming back to?"

Hey Mike, nice to see some dc vets still around :)
I just typed up a two paragraph essay explaining the pros and cons to the us server, and japanese server. Then my browser went back a page <_<!! So Long story short,
if you would rather be updated regularly and timely, and have a nice size group of players that speak englsih then the JP servers are for you, but if you would like to have maybe a bigger source of players who speak your language then the U.S. servers are ideal(Unless you speak/understand japanese :lol:), but they are currently in an update dry spell, but since you havent played online yet, everything would be new, so you might be occupied regardless :lol:
Unless you speak/understand japanese :lol:

King137
Jul 23, 2008, 01:38 PM
i dont think it is man unless they have updates its pretty boring

Mike
Jul 23, 2008, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the responses.

Japanese is no problem which is why I was considering PSOBB. There are some things about BB I don't like though so I was also contemplating picking up a used copy of Ver. 2 for my DC for a little offline goodness since I don't have a GC memory card. I'd honestly like to play with both communities and that's not impossible, just costs more money.

I think I'll try JP PSU for now and see how long it takes me to make friends. I won't be able to start until my computer come back but I can pick up the software ahead of time.

Adriano
Jul 24, 2008, 12:12 AM
Oh, in that case, theres a jp psu irc for importers, the server is #psujp.

Mike
Jul 25, 2008, 04:46 AM
My copy came yesterday, and as predicted, it doesn't work on my current computer. Hurry up and get back, gaming laptop!

Mike
Aug 27, 2008, 06:33 AM
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m143/z026445/psu/hello.jpg
Let's hear it for PSU 復帰! My computer came back today and I'm all set and ready to go! At least in Japan.... I did look for a US copy of AotI too but I couldn't find a copy.