PDA

View Full Version : Secrets of Grinding

dc534
Jul 21, 2008, 10:48 PM
Well I dont really have any secrets I just want to know yours, please post what works for you, what you have found?

Me personally, I had 2* luck and grinded a shato to 10 and a card regas to 10. How did I do it? Well it was cheaper and easier than you might think, I bought 4 shatos, had 15 A+10s. Here is what I did, I took one shato and grinded it to 8, got lucky here, I found usually it is best to put only the first 5 grinds on the same weapon. I used A+5 to get it to 3 and then an A+9 for the 4th grind and A+10 for the fifth, keeping the grind success at very high. Contrary to belief you can go back down, after using A+10s and start using A+9 again, I did this to get the next 3 grinds on. High success rate is high success rate pretty much no matter what grinder you choose, you can save quite a bit of money this way. Next I took a new shato and grinded it with A+1 until it broke, I then took my shato that that was still untouched and tried to get 3 grinds on it, it broke on the second grind, I tried grinding that same shato again, this time it went past two and to 3, just before the success goes down to only high with A+5, I then stopped, because it worked and then put the last two grinds on the one that was 8-10 shato. I pretty much used the same pattern last week to get a Twin Ruby to 10-10 and 9-9. I did the same for the Card Regas.

I guess my tip for grinding is if you want to save money you can go back down and use other lower + grinders. On 3* luck days I can even use A+8 for those 6 and 7th grinds. Usually when it says high, I personally only put max like 3 straight grinds on that weapon, after that you are just asking for it to break.

Vercix
Jul 21, 2008, 11:37 PM
Wow my character is either broken, or your just coincidentally lucky...wanna know my grind luck?

0 Stars- 3 doris 6/8 A+8 "chances very low" all go 8/8
3 stars- 3 0/10 serodotes A+10 "chances very high" all break on attempt to 4th grind

gimmie a break...I've never had a weapon break at 50/50 or low, but have had multiple weapons break at the 3rd to 4th grind...with high or very high...

Your assumption from your experience: Your pattern works and chances are increased by grinder rating and stars

My assumptions from my own experience: ..flip a coin, cross your fingers, and hope to hell that you hear a *ding ding* because no matter how "lucky" you are, you have a GREAT chance of failing...

Personal note: grats on the great grinds, and hope your pattern keeps on working^^

Ethateral
Jul 21, 2008, 11:53 PM
It's funny, for me, I've noticed that when I have 1* and I go to grind Kubara weapons, I can get REALLY high grinds on them. If I try grinding them on 3*? AHAHAH! Fail. On 1* I can also put high grinds on regular weapons all the way up to at least 5, and that's only using +5, +6, +7 the whole time.

3* seems to be a big no-no for me when it comes to grinding anything. (At least on my Newman, lol.) I found out my Newman likes to grind... Ranged, MAGs, Long Swords or things that don't matter to me. >_>; *Hugs poor Pwand* ;.; <3 I haven't figured out what my other characters can and can't do.

For you, my good man, just have something that works for you. It's all luck really though. However, I sometimes think that Segac implemented a chip in my characters' brain, to watch over everything they do and make them explode upon finding/doing anything good for themselves. >.>;

Turb0
Jul 22, 2008, 12:01 AM
Here's my strategy for grinding: 3* and +10s all the way for things I actually care about. For other weapons then I'll grind on 2* with +8s or +9s. Not like it really matters because I usually break everything before 5 grinds anyway. I took a good 3 month break from grinding when my PW broke from 2-3 back in december.

Vercix
Jul 22, 2008, 12:02 AM
I sometimes think that Segac implemented a chip in my characters' brain, to watch over everything they do and make them explode upon finding/doing anything good for themselves. >.>;

Omg you too! I feel that way when I go up to the shrine maiden at 2am and get 3* luck, then wake up later in the day, just to find out that it had been rereset to 0 or none T.T It apparently resets at 12am and or 24 hours after you last purchased it...which is harsh xD.

I took a good 3 month break from grinding when my PW broke from 2-3 back in december.

Wow...huge sympathy points from me to you for that one...I woulda taken 2-3 months from the game xD.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 22, 2008, 12:41 AM
I dont have any secrets but what i see some of my friends do the following:
Idk if its true but i see a few of them doing it so it might be doing something for them.

Example:
Blackbull

Character who is grinding: Cast
PMs,Or other characters in party:Casts or humans or both

Example 2:
Blackheart

Character who is grinding: Cast
PMs,Or other characters in party:Beasts or humans or both

So from what i can understand..... I as far the manufacturer, you grind with a character that associates with it. So like this:

GRM: Cast

Tenora: Beast

Yohmei: Newmans

Kubara: Humans

and with the type of weapon (Melee,Range,Technic) You have characters in the party that its specialty would with it.(basically the forte class its meant for) so like this:

Melee Weapons: Beast

Range Weapons: Cast

Technic weapons Newmans

Now i bet ur wandering why i didnt put humans down.....well from what my friends say humans are "balanced" meaning they can be good at just about any class.

So if possible always have a human(s) in the party.

Please note im not sure if this could work but if someone could try this, and let me know if it works......

A guess if there actual players that there exactly where u are as well

Middle
Jul 22, 2008, 12:49 AM
is there a difference if you grind an A-wep with an A+5 or a S+5 grinder ?

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 22, 2008, 12:53 AM
is there a difference if you grind an A-wep with an A+5 or a S+5 grinder ?

from what people tell me if you use a S+5 on A class weapon....it will act as an A+5 anyway

just like using an A+5 on B class weapon but im not sure....lets just wait for someone to explain it :P

Middle
Jul 22, 2008, 12:57 AM
I dont do grinding very often so i didnt experienced that yet ...
but i think it would make sense using a better grinder class to get a higher percentage on success ... but SEGA and logic ... *lol*

Vercix
Jul 22, 2008, 01:42 AM
I don't think race has anything to do with grinding success, because I grinded the doris on my cast and the serodotes on my newman...this isn't saying much, because as I stated before...I feel my characters are broken when it comes to grinding and other "luck" involved areas xD.

Turb0
Jul 22, 2008, 08:41 AM
I dont do grinding very often so i didnt experienced that yet ...
but i think it would make sense using a better grinder class to get a higher percentage on success ... but SEGA and logic ... *lol*

It would make sense but the grade of grinder actually doesn't matter. You could use an S+10 on a C class weapon and it would be the same as a using a C+10.

Middle
Jul 22, 2008, 09:17 AM
okay ... good to know ... will save me money though ^.^

can anyone tell me wtf is this :
http://i35.tinypic.com/35i37s7.png
It seems to be about grinding but the percentage seems way too high

Ethateral
Jul 22, 2008, 10:18 AM
It certainly isn't race oriented. I grinded my Psycho Wand on my Newman when I had 3*. I bought it 3/9, it broke going to 4. 0/8 I got it to 1/8, broke again and I got it to 2/7 right now... I was devistated when it broke twice. ;.; I'm thinking about just making a bunch of S grinders and hoping for S+10s since I'm not made of money, lol. See what I get and sell the maxed out rod. Unless it comes out something below 6/6, I'm selling it, lol. Just need grinders... XD

Shows you that this game hates me grinding rods on my Newman, but doesn't mind my female CAST to grind them as much. I remember breaking Howrods and Mayrods back before the expansion. When they disappeared! Boyfriend/friends bought me new ones because I was out of rods, lol. XD

Turb0
Jul 22, 2008, 11:02 AM
okay ... good to know ... will save me money though ^.^

can anyone tell me wtf is this :

It seems to be about grinding but the percentage seems way too high

That's the chart for 3* and the MAG grinding bonus. Looks nice, doesn't it?:-P

Kizeragi
Jul 22, 2008, 11:28 AM
Yup and a 62% chance on a S weapon grind 9>10 is pure EPIC.

Also the 3 basics of grinding:
1) Luck
2) Lots of money/bases
3) Luck

Dragwind
Jul 22, 2008, 02:51 PM
Secret? Event grind boost rewards and +10 grinders :wacko:

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 22, 2008, 04:43 PM
It certainly isn't race oriented. I grinded my Psycho Wand on my Newman when I had 3*. I bought it 3/9, it broke going to 4. 0/8 I got it to 1/8, broke again and I got it to 2/7 right now... I was devistated when it broke twice. ;.; I'm thinking about just making a bunch of S grinders and hoping for S+10s since I'm not made of money, lol. See what I get and sell the maxed out rod. Unless it comes out something below 6/6, I'm selling it, lol. Just need grinders... XD

Shows you that this game hates me grinding rods on my Newman, but doesn't mind my female CAST to grind them as much. I remember breaking Howrods and Mayrods back before the expansion. When they disappeared! Boyfriend/friends bought me new ones because I was out of rods, lol. XD

Hey Ethateral, are you on the 360 server???? bcuz unless someone has your name....if seen that name every now n then i cant remember where ive seen it till i get on here lmao :P

Middle
Jul 25, 2008, 01:13 PM
Is there any chart like this without grinding boost ?

Turb0
Jul 25, 2008, 02:40 PM
Well there's this. (http://psupedia.info/Weapon_grinding) Not exactly the same, but similar.

Ethateral
Jul 28, 2008, 10:05 AM
Hey Ethateral, are you on the 360 server???? bcuz unless someone has your name....if seen that name every now n then i cant remember where ive seen it till i get on here lmao :P

Yes, that's me. >.>; I'm the only Ethateral, lol.

On topic: I am really liking that grind chart right now. I can't wait to get that and grind stuff! X3 <3 It's pure win. <3

Kizeragi
Jul 28, 2008, 10:49 AM
Is there any chart like this without grinding boost ?

For the majority of it: take 10% off the rates. xD...

Ethateral
Jul 28, 2008, 03:28 PM
I still say, without the grind boost, 9 -> 10 is 1%, lol. XD